The beginning of the end of world 18

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

The alliance of APOC, [BA], Apoc-F and Apoc-N now control 99% of player owned villages on world 18 so the time has come to start the closing of the world.

However, we realise that a lot of you have put a lot of effort into this world, and may not wish to see it end yet. Therefore, we're going to put the end date in control of the players.

If the current political situation does not change, world 18 will end either when all player owned villages belong to the above 4 tribes, or in 2 months from now, and the winners will be announced.

If the world experiences large game changing events (such as the ending of an alliance between tribes) and the majority is lost, we'll prolong the end date month by month until the majority has been gained again by a tribe.

Effective immediately gold coins will cost 25% of the standard price, and players that are removed from the game via ennoblement will not be able to restart.

I'd like to congratulate all the players and tribes that have made it this far, and thank you all for playing Tribal Wars!

About world 18:

World 18 was announced on the 4th of April 2008 and started on the 7th. 14,540 players joined on the opening day, growing to 48,837 players within a week.

World 18 along with World 19 was the first time we launched two worlds in quick succession, with players only being allowed to register on one of the worlds.

The peak number of registered players on the world was on the 27th of April 2008 with a massive 101,438 recorded. The player count dipped to 50k on the 7th of July that year, and by Christmas was down to 8,378.

In terms of ennoblement activity the world peaked during week 33 of 2008, during which there were 3216 village captures every day.

The world has 334,182 villages, has seen 866,149 village captures and TW Stats has tracked 394,560 tribe changes.

The world was closed to new registrations on the 8th of July 2008.

If you're interested in the history of worlds like this, we'll be making similar posts on our blog very soon.

Morthy
Community Manager

Cross posted from the Announcements forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hurrah! About time ;-)

Congratulations to Apoc and BA!

Given that only about 1000 non-Apoc/BA player villages exist and we have been dancing around a fair few of those in the last few weeks to avoid them restarting and thus gaining beginner protection, I see the world lasting a couple of weeks at most :-D

Concrete - looks like you are won't get on the rostrum ;-)

DeletedUser91901

What's the member limit of the tribes in this world?

DeletedUser91901

Wow. That's ridiculous.

These guys aren't getting any congrats from me...

DeletedUser

Wow. That's ridiculous.

These guys aren't getting any congrats from me...

Oh my! And all my feelings of self-worth were hanging on some affirmation from you!

I suggest you read your own sig.

DeletedUser91901

Oh my! And all my feelings of self-worth were hanging on some affirmation from you!

I suggest you read your own sig.

That's cool bro. But I think you know why I'm hating.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but we don't care about Little Aussie Girls in this world.

DeletedUser91901

That's fine. Just keep in mind that the rest of us will look at this world and think "geez, what an accomplishment..."

DeletedUser

Before coming here and say that we suck, read a little about this world, then you will understand how our alliance works. We don't need to justify ourselves to you or to anyone. Now move along

DeletedUser

That's fine. Just keep in mind that the rest of us will look at this world and think "geez, what an accomplishment..."

Wow. That was a large edited change. It is, considering how many people were on this world when the alliance was made and how many we were up against. lol, read back.

DeletedUser91901

I suppose I might as well ask you right here: How is this alliance of yours any different to, say, any other, Rim continent K98 tribal hugging? Except for the scale.

Wow. That was a large edited change. It is, considering how many people were on this world when the alliance was made and how many we were up against. lol, read back.

I edited that before I read the reply.

DeletedUser

Because we've defeated every tribe we've ever faced. Not by merging them in. Plus, aren't all family tribes destined to fail? This is the first time it has ever been so successful.

DeletedUser91901

If my tribe allied with the other top 8 tribes, we'd overpower all else too.

252 members... Jesus.

DeletedUser

When we became allies over 2 years ago everyone on this forum kept saying we were going to fail, that we sucked, that families always end badly. We've heard it all before. Look at any thread in this forum, each and every of them is bashing us, still saying that we've lost, making up a million excuses of why we defeated them. Our alliance is different than most in the way that we actually like and respect each other, since the start we had one common goal: world domination, and we worked for it. So it doesn't matter if you or anyone else thing families suck, or that our achievement doesn't count because we have 252 members, we know what we did and we're damn proud of it.