The beginning of the end of world 18

DeletedUser

I believe that APOC and their allies stopped their premium and then threatened to delete if Morthy refused to end the world, rumours of APOC players threatening to hold their breath until they turned blue have been denied.

Morthy couldn't withstand this emotional onslaught and caved in. So the world will end without a winner. 4 tribes tied together in an alliance of equals. World 18 ends, not with a blast on the trumpet of victory but with the soft rattle of toys being placed back in the pram from where they came.

We never threatened to do that. Mass deletion was our original goal, before we knew a world closing was a possibility. Yes, some players recently turned off their auto-premium because they play other worlds and no point of keeping it when there are 400 villages left to noble.

DeletedUser

Then why take it so seriously that you can't say "hey mate, there's like uber billions of us, let's split the teams evenly and have a fight ?". Hypocrite.

Ummm... that's actually not an example of hypocrisy.

The fact that there is no "glory" to be had for winning an internet game has no relevance to people keeping their commitments to their teammates.

Here's a neat website you can use to check out the definitions of words before you post again: www.dictionary.com
Good luck.

DeletedUser

No...all of those tribes were in the original UA...

*edit* Actually that was the tribes list for April 09, there may have actually been more tribes in the UA originally, the number 27 is cropping in my head but I can't find the UA's coming out thread to back this up. It was probably deleted due to flaming.

wrong:

Twa N4 was NOt in the ua.

Twa-X passed away before the ua was formed

DS-08 went prior to the ua.

Twa-st and twa -ne were ONE tribe at the start of the ua and then devolved later due to internal strife...

As always I will leave BA to talk for themselves

DeletedUser

I believe that APOC and their allies stopped their premium and then threatened to delete if Morthy refused to end the world, rumours of APOC players threatening to hold their breath until they turned blue have been denied.

Morthy couldn't withstand this emotional onslaught and caved in. So the world will end without a winner. 4 tribes tied together in an alliance of equals. World 18 ends, not with a blast on the trumpet of victory but with the soft rattle of toys being placed back in the pram from where they came.

Keep insulting the Admins. A brilliant plan to help end your world!

DeletedUser37109

LMAO!!! see this is why family tribes fail.... you guys confuse even yourselves.

DeletedUser

wrong:

Twa N4 was NOt in the ua.

Twa-X passed away before the ua was formed

DS-08 went prior to the ua.

Twa-st and twa -ne were ONE tribe at the start of the ua and then devolved later due to internal strife...

As always I will leave BA to talk for themselves

Why quote my edit if you're not going to read it?

I'd refer you to this thread. Reading through the first few pages of the thread no UA members are disputing any of the tribes listed on the UA side, which is usually a good indicator that they are accurate.

Like I said, that list was from April 09, about 6-7 months after the UA formed, I think there were more original UA tribes than that, I'm sure there were more than 2 DS tribes originally for example. (Also the RKN tribes were organised by K and I'm sure there were more than 2 BA tribes and more than 1 DVA tribe.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We used to get tons of support in k4 from the Apoc folks in k92.

DeletedUser

Why quote my edit if you're not going to read it?

I'd refer you to this thread. Reading through the first few pages of the thread no UA members are disputing any of the tribes listed on the UA side, which is usually a good indicator that they are accurate.

Like I said, that list was from April 09, about 6-7 months after the UA formed, I think there were more original UA tribes than that, I'm sure there were more than 2 DS tribes originally for example. (Also the RKN tribes were organised by K and I'm sure there were more than 2 BA tribes and more than 1 DVA tribe.)

Thanks for the advice... did read it.. but difference between reading and agreeing with you (which i don't)

If you remember that time correctly, the thing most of mm et al complained about was that VERY FEW ua members trolled the forum.. just because 100's of people did not immediately lambast the opening post is not an indicator of it's accuracy

If you read the rest of that thread (which you won't as you are purely flaming... good effort by the way) there are multiple posts lambasting the inaccuracy of the opening one.. however we were too busy killing to proof read every forum post :D

Interesting post on first page refers to "when mm are finished with A" yep that worked well, shaking in our boots :D

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice... did read it.. but difference between reading and agreeing with you (which i don't)

If you remember that time correctly, the thing most of mm et al complained about was that VERY FEW ua members trolled the forum.. just because 100's of people did not immediately lambast the opening post is not an indicator of it's accuracy

If you read the rest of that thread (which you won't as you are purely flaming... good effort by the way) there are multiple posts lambasting the inaccuracy of the opening one.. however we were too busy killing to proof read every forum post :D

Interesting post on first page refers to "when mm are finished with A" yep that worked well, shaking in our boots :D

Read through that thread to page 8, didn't see any complaints despite several high profile UA players posting. Stopped at page 8 because I found two UA tribeslists, one from Zurtle (15 tribes) and one from Danlee (17). I'll take those as accurate despite neither stating it was a complete list, so the UA was at 15-17 tribes in Apr 09. And like I said there are definitely original UA tribes missing from both those lists, more than 1 DVA tribe, more than 2 BA, RKN tribes organised by K's etc etc.

DeletedUser

I also highly doubt anyone will come to world 7 and flame us when we close besides you people from w18 because some of w7 members flamed you. Other then that i think we will be congratulated for defeating all our enemies despite the fact that some people still remained out of -WE-s tribe. Like i said before..there are always survivors in a war and since this is a war game it should be no different..with few survivors with thier dead tribes that have already been defeated(because you defeat a tribe not a player thats why it is TRIBAL wars and not PLAYER wars) or 0 survivors and 1 remaining tribe.

Someone will come and flame W7 when its finished. In the same way someone did on W12 even though they were the first tribe to win and they did it how it was meant to be done.

DeletedUser

Ummm... that's actually not an example of hypocrisy.

The fact that there is no "glory" to be had for winning an internet game has no relevance to people keeping their commitments to their teammates.

Here's a neat website you can use to check out the definitions of words before you post again: www.dictionary.com
Good luck.

Taking the attitude that you do not care about the "glory in victory" aspect because it is simply an internet game but then at the same time taking an alliance tag very seriously is an example of a hypocritical view on it being 'simply an internet game' you tool.
Otherwise you would care as little for the tag as you do for the victory because so what if you break an alliance and take some villages from your team mates ? It is just a game, you are not raping their girlfriend, I'm sure all decent friendships formed can withstand a few numbers within this game changing.

DeletedUser

Top job to all you guys, feel free to mail me if you fancy being a co player though haha!
but congrats to you all, 2 years and you've nabbed it, not bad, not bad at all

DeletedUser

Beautifully argued. I for one am switching sides.

Whatever Lazerus says...

DeletedUser

Beautifully argued. I for one am switching sides.

Whatever Lazerus says...

Thats it ... andrew is switching sides... no end to the world now...lol

Not really sure why I am still reading here... I guess the how to end a world debate is interesting. for the people who are from other worlds... save your breath... no way things will change here... believe me I have tried... but here we are still kicking the same old tired arguments around..

Apoc had a plan.. they executed that plan the way they said they would. the goal was said to be to end the world as quickly as possible. their alliance wasn't made to bring about the end. it has always been there. I don't buy the cop out story since APOC and BA have always said that is their goal. I commend them for sticking to their guns. Not sure if they will know what to do with all the sleep time when it comes...lol

giantsfrey

@ peter: in regards to the glory thing, don't worry, i don't run around town bragging about my TW life, but feel free to keep dwelling on diction and semantics to ignore the meat of the discussion. you can keep making up stories in your head about how TW brings me great glory and accomplishment, but the fact is this: nobody cares THAT much about TW, but we ALL care a LITTLE bit about it, because we've all invested so much time in it, and most of us (outside of w18) have a competitive nature. if, for instance, you didn't give a shit about any of this (call it glory, pride, etc) you wouldn't still be reading or posting here.

in short, cut with all the discussion dodging and either address valid points in kind, or stop posting. your attempts at badgering and telling people they don't know what words etc mean are, thus far, all unfounded, incorrect, annoying, failed holier-than-thou attempts. how old are you, by the way? i will guess you just finished highschool.

@ andrew: it is really hard to tell your posts apart from peter's. are you brothers or real life friends or something?

DeletedUser

I wish there was a way to have worlds war against each other... I'm thinking w7 and w18 would be at it by now for sure...lol

DeletedUser

my respect for the leaders of BA which gave me a new home when DS merge into them... Peter and the rest were grate eventough i was very far from the main camps of BA, i was close to MsBella area, which she was a great advisor/friend, i wont forget those days that i played there, it was my 1st world and i learned all i know from them..

i appreciate them all,

if you guys ever want to come and play again, i know some accounts open to co-play in W34..

cheers for all BA/APOC FAM

~SB~

DeletedUser

cut with all the discussion dodging and either address valid points in kind, or stop posting.
I don't think anyone has dodged a discussion. Peter, I and a number of others have told you how w18 went down, how the UA (a.k.a. Apoc-BA) defined a strategy very early on and executed it. We also stated that we are not only happy with the outcome, but PROUD of it. Nothing you (or anyone else in this thread) has said represents anything new that we haven't read and responded to before (feel free to trawl through the acres of hate in the w18 forums). So, you can huff and puff all you like but the response and the result (w7 will finish after w18) will remain the same .
@ andrew: it is really hard to tell your posts apart from peter's. are you brothers or real life friends or something?
I will take that as a great compliment. Peter is a thoughtful and intelligent guy who has played a major part in the victory we are shortly going to be celebrating. He has been known to dissect others' posts but generally that only happens when the other poster is long past redemption. The fact that he has achieved that stage so quickly in your case suggests that you either haven't tried or are incapable of engaging in a meaningful debate.

DeletedUser

I wish there was a way to have worlds war against each other... I'm thinking w7 and w18 would be at it by now for sure...lol
Let's not tar all the players of w7 with the same brush. I think we'd give one or two "the treatment" first then re-open recruiting ;-)

DeletedUser56612

Which brings us back to the original opinion of the use of alliances. By forming into an alliance that includes nearly all remaining players of the world, the point of the alliance/family is lost, and now you'd be taking the easy way out simply by resting on your laurels. Hence various comments about how w18 has an easy victory brought about Morthy's decision to allow an alliance to close a world, rather then a single tribe. Hopefully he reads this, and this changes in the future, as it degrades the requirement to close a world.

I won't debate your points simply because i don't feel like it. But I have to correct you on this. The alliance was formed very early in the life of this world (almost at the very beginning). So at the time it didn't include all the remaining players of the world. We did recruited, I won't hide that, but the alliance wasn't done to include all or even nearly all the remaining players of the world. We were about 1000 players and there were still close to 80 000 players in the world when the alliance has been formed. If we are still an alliance and now forming a group containing almost all the players of this world it is because of persistance. We stayed together and that is the only reason why. Keeping the group together wasn't an easy task for the leaders of Apoc. We said from the very beginning that our goal was to win as a group. We were told crazy because alliances don't last. Our goal was mainly to prove them wrong, that indeed an alliance can manage to stick together until the end. And in this it makes us all winners, because we prove to them that we were able to do it. The victory for many isn't even residing in the actual position we are ending in this world, the real win for most of us is the fact that were able to show that this can be done differently and that indeed alliances can sometimes last.

The fact that you disagree with it doesn't matter as our conditions for victory, the way we established them in the very beginning, are getting achieved. If Innogames wouldn't have closed the world then the world would have ended by itself as most of us would have deleted once the world would have been blue. We aren't going in your world to tell you how you should win. The way you want to get to the end of your world is totally yours to determine.