The beginning of the end of world 18

DeletedUser

Sigh.
Maybe I've been looking at you with rose colored glasses Zurtle but i felt that you had a stronger grasp on reality.

screenshot20101016at137.png

You had some of the biggest people in the world at that time.

Furthermore, yes, our alliance, RKN, BA, DVA, DS, TWA have always had an integrated battlefield.
Since, since forever.

We helped one another, nobled side by side.

What did =V= have a problem with? They had a problem that the red dots next door were going to turn blue.

If it was your "HOME" continent, then why the hell didnt you clean them up before it was "OUR" frontline?

Firstly, let's finish that list macman:

PlayerActionDate/TimePoints
red.png
jhaydenLeft04th June 2010 - 07:140
red.png
TheMudgeLeft04th June 2010 - 07:140
red.png
poppinetteLeft29th May 2010 - 07:156,316,389
red.png
msbellaLeft28th May 2010 - 13:1610,311,879
red.png
ZurtleLeft28th May 2010 - 13:1610,319,331
green.png
poppinetteJoined22nd May 2010 - 10:126,277,444
green.png
TheMudgeJoined16th May 2010 - 19:277,756,190

red.png
Van VaderLeft16th May 2010 - 16:262,414,739
red.png
Pranay98Left15th May 2010 - 01:274,179,879
red.png
wolveshowlLeft14th May 2010 - 01:261,304,551
red.png
ProvonshaLeft14th May 2010 - 01:26500,600
red.png
mister.wolfLeft14th May 2010 - 01:261,789,148
red.png
poppinetteLeft12th May 2010 - 01:296,228,856
red.png
LupusTheMageLeft11th May 2010 - 01:275,126,769
red.png
ExplorerRCLeft10th May 2010 - 10:125,094,024
red.png
PryratioLeft10th May 2010 - 07:142,729,601
red.png
sporanoxLeft10th May 2010 - 01:278,416,514
red.png
jasondesiderioLeft09th May 2010 - 19:23797,444
red.png
liam1301Left09th May 2010 - 01:285,700,094
red.png
johnnyg2323Left09th May 2010 - 01:282,625,997
red.png
KarnsteinLeft09th May 2010 - 01:283,075,120
red.png
TheMudgeLeft08th May 2010 - 16:207,312,952
red.png
HironamiLeft08th May 2010 - 13:186,421,003
red.png
justageekLeft08th May 2010 - 13:182,593,360
red.png
bomberace101Left05th May 2010 - 16:203,255,659

So Zurtle is right to say we had only 5 members when you guys viewed us as a threat and sent out those please help us circulars. At our very peak we had 20 members with an average of 5 million points - that's how we got that milestone, remember?

We had no issues turning the few red dots near us a dark shade of blue just as we had been doing our entire time on TW. Keep in mind that whilst I was under daily attack with hundreds and sometimes thousands of incomings, I not only managed to kill almost every train and nuke of yours and not lose a single village, I also climbed to just outside the top 10 in rank. I am truly sorry that I couldn't fit farming in as well so that I could get enough nobles to keep up with my nobling pace.

It's funny how you spotted a few red dots in our Ks when you had like 10 or so Ks FULL of red dots right near you in the eastern K20s and K30s. Just like you guys, we also integrated with our friends - I had no issue with lackman nobling near me at all because he was very polite and respectable. Some of you thought you were entitled and that's where we drew the line. As a compromise, I even suggested to Wolfhunt that if you want to integrate, give us just ONE inactive in your west for us to noble out. Obviously this was just a test, we didn't really want an inactive in your backline as our nobles were too precious, we just wanted to see the reaction/hypocrisy. I'm sure you can guess what his reply was :)

Just so you know, even davidemah and 0u1ncy told me that we were viewed as just a NAP of convenience. We still didn't care because our intentions were just to finish off the people we wanted to and have fun but we sure as hell weren't going to voluntarily roll over for anyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Andrew Done, must say you had made some excellent responses.
*blush* ;-)
In fact, the risk of nobling out was always there for me, if I did not pull my weight for the tribe - I was only as valuable so long as I was useful. Slackers in DNY, atleast, had no mercy because they (or they should have) understood the conditions and privileges they have to be within the tribe (though that changed when we beat the world years ago and things were abit more relaxed :p.)
Good point. Apoc-BA probably has its fair share of passengers. Of course it is difficult to define a precise threshold below which a tribe member is surplus to (moral) requirements. At first we allowed players to go red for extended periods. We tightened that up but never extended that into active/semi-active players. In hindsight I may have considered slightly more aggressive re-selection criteria but, all-in-all I am happy with the way things worked out. I guess we started out "relaxed" :)
it'd seem the core tribes of w18 failed to do that, and it was the rim tries that won. Though I'm not sure what happened to these well estabalished core tribes? I guess we can thank leadership for that, as that's (from what I've seen) is the defining feature of how successful a tribe is run.
I agree.

I think the world would have evolved very differently if the core tribes had recognised the threat we posed and been pro-active in putting us down. As it turned out we were the aggressors and the tribes concerned didn't have any experience of being put on the back foot and never recovered. I believe they were also going through leadership transition at the time we struck which supports your leadership point.

Speaking for Apoc, we have benefitted from having some very capable (and respected) leaders both at the helm and in the wings. Those leaders have held to a consistent game strategy throughout. Those two factors have meant that the membership always understood how they fit into the great scheme of things and how they could contibute. We had a few rocky patches when the leadership recruited when the membership wanted to kill but, thankfully, those instances were relatively few and far between.

I suspect that strong leadership and a strong vision (that is clearly communicated) are likely to be the common themes across all the victors of the worlds, even if the vision espoused varies dramatically!

DeletedUser56612

I hope the second time you agreed with me wasnt just you agreeing that my track record sucked...lol

TBH I never had end game ambitions so I guess that would be the fundamental root of our differences there. I just wanted to have some fun at other players expense. when I left the game I was satisfied with the result and had a great time. my advice is if you play another world give it a go. I'll bet you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner since it's so liberating...

LOL I wasn't commenting on your track record. As for other worlds, it won't be for a while. I'll enjoy some more of RL first. (Training takes a lot more of my time than it used to). But I'll surely will try that if I come back to another world some day.

Ah, bad use of words. Rather "holding" an alliance of the entire world. There is little difficulty in holding alliances when there is not a threat that is enough to destroy the entire alliance, and no such threat exists, it'd appear. However that's just my opinion. It it really true your family was 1000 players at one point? I am not going in your world to tell you how you sould win, I'm discussing why the win on this world isn't seen by other players as "difficult" win (despite how much difficulty you say you've had) - and the reasons generally boil down to as "hugging", family tribes and huge alliances - these are all generally known as easy ways out. Fortunately, we already won our world in the most pure form: without assistance and one tribe left standing.

I guess it goes down to personal opinions at this point then. We tried things differently, we won with the terms that we established long before any of the end game rules were actually put in place. Like I said before, in another world I would have most likely done it differently, but in this world we gave ourselves conditions of what we would be considering a "win" for us and we stuck to that the whole time. (You can find about it in these forums). The consideration of families for the win in this world from the Admins results most likely of the dynamics here that were a lot different. If TW admins would have had any doubts that we could have possibly turn on each other they probably would have kept the game open.

PS English isn't my first language, so if my grammar or choice of words isn't perfect don't hold it against me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think the world would have evolved very differently if the core tribes had recognised the threat we posed and been pro-active in putting us down. As it turned out we were the aggressors and the tribes concerned didn't have any experience of being put on the back foot and never recovered. I believe they were also going through leadership transition at the time we struck which supports your leadership point.

I agree with this, I would say you were vastly under-estimated when the UA were first formed but I think a lot of the vitriol you guys received initially (and pretty much for the rest of the time the world ran) was because a lot of people, myself included, knew that if your alliance held together then the world was always going to end this way. Why do you think we PnP'ed so hard against you lot? With the quality of player you guys had in your core group backed up such a massive reserve of tribe members it would have taken an epic balls-up on your part to throw it away.

I know you can say that a counter alliance could have been formed to stop you but that simply wasn't the way the majority of players outside the UA wanted to play the game. You saw how many players became disinterested and disillusioned when MM, INF and Aggression eventually banded together to try and stop you. I know it was one of the main reasons I quit.

PnP aside, congrats on doing things your way and getting the win guys.