The beginning of the end

DeletedUser64451

For those who are lurking or monitoring this world from afar, let it be known that the mods have granted our request to end this world.

Survey: When should this world be closed?

At 100% dominance
8 18.18%
June 16th
36 81.82%

July 16th
0 0%

Votes cast: 44

I'm sure someone will update the forum when this is official :icon_cool: Those who still log in know that it's been over for a long time.

Side 1:
Tribes: Fenix
Side 2:
Tribes: KNT

Timeframe: 17/10/2011 00:00:00 to 17/04/2012 03:29:41

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 10,857
Side 2: 407
Difference: 10,450

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 103,359,887
Side 2: 3,839,475
Difference: 99,520,412

chart

tango minder

It's been over since Fenix decided to push North about 30 months ago ;)

It would also have been over many moons ago if Fenix didn't have those barbarian villages on our side :D Poor old KNT and DT getting held up fighting all the greys :p

DeletedUser

Well let's be honest guys. How is KNT supposed to win when Tango plays every account in FENIX, amiright?

DeletedUser67615

Been a long time coming... nice to finally wrap things up.

DeletedUser64451

Tribal Wars team today at 16:49
Dear players,

Based on the recent survey regarding how this world will end, an end date has been set for:

June 16th

On this date the world will be closed to logins and the winning tribe formally announced on the Tribal Wars home page. It will not be possible to login to the world again, so any mails, tribe forum posts and so on that you wish to save will need to be copied manually before that date.

Any end game settings (such as reduced noble costs, removal of morale and disabling of restarts) that had not already been implemented on this world have now been set.

We'd like to thank everyone for playing Tribal Wars and hope to see you on another world!

Jon/Morthy
Community Manager

clipperSoB

Well let's be honest guys. How is KNT supposed to win when Tango plays every account in FENIX, amiright?

Yes, you're quite right Jay...or at least the vast majority of them.

It is quite sad...
:icon_cry:

DeletedUser92

Well! Congrats to Fenix, then! Not quite who most people would have thought would win when the world started; but at the same time, I've found that "winning" in Tribalwars is mostly about getting what you want out of the game.

DeletedUser

Well! Congrats to Fenix, then! Not quite who most people would have thought would win when the world started; but at the same time, I've found that "winning" in Tribalwars is mostly about getting what you want out of the game.

wow JP... still around after all this time? :O

THE didn't win? :O

I always though THE was gonna win in the end. Although I left this world looooong ago.

clipperSoB

Yeah, the cheaters in fenix, led by tango minder, and with *substantial* support from the mods, are winning the world. It should have become obvious that the cheaters were going to win when Nima Unknown became a mod. I still remember how he destroyed his own tribe, UNK, back in the very early days of W8, before recorded history. Left a lot of good players hanging in the breeze. For someone to do what he did, and go on to become a mod, is a disgrace and a big sign that this game is a joke, the people that run it are idiots, and I want no part of it. I just wish I could get all the money back I spent on premium all those years. The only good I got from it was meeting some good people. Unfortunately, not many of them went on to final success in this world. Almost everyone left now is cheater, with only a few good players still in there. And many honest players whose accounts got taken over by cheaters (Jaaz).

I'm out. I hope Innogames falls apart.

bread castle

So, Congrats to FENIX!
@clipperSoB: Cheating and timing is part of the game. Planning and secret tactics are part of the game. Making friends and administrative contacts are part of the game. Stop crying...

So world 8 is over soon and i don't have to be sad anymore that I left... That is the good news, lol
But I left at the peak of fun, so it was perfect.
Greets to all my former mates and friends....brothers in arms and lousy enemies... ;)

Juli

DeletedUser92

wow JP... still around after all this time? :O

THE didn't win? :O

I always though THE was gonna win in the end. Although I left this world looooong ago.

Well, we were all doing okay until some...Well, lets just say its really the greatest lack of sportsmanship I've ever seen got pulled on us. And I don't mean rank-and-file deception, I mean the creation of entirely fictional people to get players banned and get accounts taken over by new and untrustworthy pilots. I place the blame for falling for that crap on myself.

Its one of the major reasons I retired from the game, TBH; although it took a few years for me to do so and to fully recognize how much I'd lost interest and, more importantly, the belief that the game was about any strategy other than spying.

There are other reasons we lost, but that's the #1 killing blow we suffered.

DeletedUser

Dam its been a long ass time. Nice to have a winner of a world decided but in the end I feel everyone that decided to back out of this game a very long time ago was the real winner. The world died after the regulars started leaving, but that might only be the way I feel lol

DeletedUser

I always said Fenix would win this world. It is the natural successor to Suigen.

DeletedUser64451

Alright guys, we voted to end the world on the 16th, and that didn't happen. Do we get a bonus or something for having to stick around longer? o_O

DeletedUser

wtf, the world is still going on....aaaaaaaahhh this will never end!

DeletedUser

Congratulations! Glad to see W8 finally come to a close. Good work people!

Sid, you monster you. LoL

DeletedUser

Oh by the way I just had to say this - Sid (Jaaz) is neither a cheater, nor is he disloyal. If anyone disagrees with his leaving [DT] for Fenix, I will have you know that the original Jaaz had no objections whatsoever (yes I was in contact with him :p).

People normally think its OK only if its working for you instead of against you. Back then (original) Jaaz left NG for REL. What about that time?

All the signs of failure were there in [DT] which was exactly the same as any tribe that started to rot - dead forums, poor participation in ops, no support sent, no night sitting help. Demanding that he fight alone to the end holding a big chunk of the [DT] frontline is equally unfair. At the end of the day, the tribe failed and Jaaz not being part of the leadership does not share any of the blame, nor is he obligated to stick around a sinking ship.

And I'm pretty sure when that happened he had a lot of unstacked villas deep inside [DT] territory. The fact that [DT] failed to capitalize and reclaim their land decisively proves that they have already failed as a tribe and justifies his defection.

DeletedUser64451

Daaww, thanks backie <3 And yes, he knows what he's talking about, he was babysitting an account in DT after I left to witness all the crickets and tumbleweeds.

baldovino di fiandra

So band of noobs...is the world over? I've been told Fenix won, so my personal congratulations to Fenix, their leadership and to each of their players :)
Long time i didnt enter this forum, i also had to reset my password xD Cheers everybody ;)