The Best And The Worst

DeletedUser

Seeing as how the world is closer to the end then the start, like a typical old person realizing most of their life is behind them we start to remember the old days. I started to think back and I realized that I dont have many memories considering I haven't been playing for that long.

So now I would like to know the most memorable moments of you guys as a way to learn a little about the world and to talk about something besides SF, Plight, or C². Whether it be you rimming someone you hated or just being part of a great tribe. So whats you guys best and worst memory of world 16?

DeletedUser

Seeing as how the world is closer to the end then the start

Not so sure I agree, but whatever.

On-topic:

My favorite days were back right when I joined ORC. At the time, the tribe was doing fairly well, the Hippos war was starting to come to an end, and the world was a roiling mess of fun.

My least favorite days were my days in BANG!?. After all the whining, 20 circulars a minute, and accusations against me, I got fed up with it, and quit right after I got 2nd to 20mil ODA on the milestone.

DeletedUser

I said it's closer to the end because after the C² vs. Plight/SF war i dont see anything too fun happening. Spy accusations or something else?

DeletedUser

Accusations that I wasn't doing enough for the tribe as a baron.

DeletedUser78416

Accusations that I wasn't doing enough for the tribe as a baron.

accusations seem to haunt you now don't they, with you spying for SF, C² ORC, BANG!, Hippos, the CIA, NSA, Mother Russia and having been a sitter in all the tribes above, plus one of Saturns orbiting moons...you kind of bring it on yourself.

Best time for me hasn't come yet

Worst time would be Farming during the early stages...never again.

DeletedUser

I spied on all those tribes? News to me. I've never spied on a tribe. I've had spies, never actually spied on another tribe in all my TW career, for so long as I remember it. Those accusations have nothing to do with me spying though, so you're way off there.

Anyways, teh troll will drag this off-topic if I let him, so I'll leave the discussion into my history there. If you're interested, contact me on skype (orelthegatekeeper), and I'll give you a long, boring spiel of my history in BANG!?. Otherwise, continue posting your best and worst times :).

MichielK

Seeing as how the world is closer to the end then the start, like a typical old person realizing most of their life is behind them we start to remember the old days. I started to think back and I realized that I dont have many memories considering I haven't been playing for that long.

So now I would like to know the most memorable moments of you guys as a way to learn a little about the world and to talk about something besides SF, Plight, or C². Whether it be you rimming someone you hated or just being part of a great tribe. So whats you guys best and worst memory of world 16?

I like this idea, though I think the chances of this turning into a flame-fest are pretty large :icon_sad: Still, I'll give it my best shot!

Best memory: the December op party

This probably requires some explanation :icon_wink: In December 2009, LSHRV launched a huge op against us. They had saved up troops for quite a while and launched everything so the conquers would happen just before the New Year attack break. Due to the timing, we had to stop it; the attack break would prevent retakes, ensure that LSHRV could rebuild walls and move support, and give them 2 days to gloat and turn it into a huge morale boost.

Midway through the day, we realised that it might be possible to actually win the day. Somehow, the whole process turned into one big Skype "party" where we all ended up counting down both the hours and the incoming trains left until the break started. When rag took two enemy villages in the very last minute (23:59:01 and 23:59:02) and ensured a 5-2 victory, the chatroom damn near exploded.

Those few hours had everything I love about this game and about my tribe, all bundled into one experience: team spirit, loyalty, hard work, sacrifice for the greater good, the joy that comes from sharing victory together...and a rather insane amount of fun :)

Worst memory: the snake

I've been tribal diplomat for C² for about a year and a half now, and as a result I've had dealings with many people both inside and outside my tribe. While I know that my reputation as a tough diplomat is probably well earned, I also feel comfortable with the fact that I play the diplomacy game tough but fair: I do not lie, I do not break confidence, and I do not hurt feelings intentionally in exchange for in-game advantages.

During this time, I've been lucky enough that 99% of the people I've dealt with have extended the same courtesy. My worst memory in TW would have to be the one time when someone did lie, did break confidence, and did go out of their way to hurt feelings in exchange for in-game advantages. I considered this person my friend, and it took a long talk with some of the more level-headed people in my tribe to prevent me from retaliating in a way I'd regret later.

And no, I'm not going to give you any names :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

God I want to flame you so bad right now :mad:, lol that sounds really gay :D

DeletedUser78416

I spied on all those tribes? News to me. I've never spied on a tribe. I've had spies, never actually spied on another tribe in all my TW career, for so long as I remember it. Those accusations have nothing to do with me spying though, so you're way off there.

Anyways, teh troll will drag this off-topic if I let him, so I'll leave the discussion into my history there. If you're interested, contact me on skype (orelthegatekeeper), and I'll give you a long, boring spiel of my history in BANG!?. Otherwise, continue posting your best and worst times :).

Dude, lighten up...you've preached many times before about seeing inside multiple tribes, sitting accounts, this and that.

It was a joke, gawd.

DeletedUser

I've noticed with Gammy, it's only a joke when he's wrong :lol:.

I forgot to add as my other favorite time, the point at which I realized mixed villages weren't so good, which was at one point during ST, before the ORC merge. That opened up a whole new realm to my playing :).

DeletedUser

I forgot to add as my other favorite time, the point at which I realized mixed villages weren't so good, which was at one point during ST, before the ORC merge. That opened up a whole new realm to my playing :).

DeletedUser78416

Well, since I have yet to be proven wrong about anything, your statement is incorrect.

I'm sorry you choose the path that leads you to be the butt of many jokes. Suck it up sweetheart.

:lol:

DeletedUser

At the risk of sounding maudlin, I will join in...

Best Memory:

My time with IcccI. It was my first "real" tribe...I had been in others, but nothing with the camaraderie and confidence of this one. We were a small tribe (I think 10 total) but we were convinced we could take on the world; through really good teamwork we made strides in the south. I am privileged to be a member of a second tribe with that same esprit de corps: C². (The big difference is this time we really can take on the world :icon_razz:)

Worst Memory:

I was in TRE at the end: people were inactive and leaving, and what had been a once proud tribe with great history just dissolved. It is an odd thing in TW to be a realatively small player, tribeless and under attack...a very lonely time.

OK...there are feelings in a guy's post: flame away :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

At the risk of sounding maudlin, I will join in...

Best Memory:

My time with IcccI. It was my first "real" tribe...I had been in others, but nothing with the camaraderie and confidence of this one. We were a small tribe (I think 10 total) but we were convinced we could take on the world; through really good teamwork we made strides in the south. I am privileged to be a member of a second tribe with that same esprit de corps: C². (The big difference is this time we really can take on the world :icon_razz:)
Heh, I remember you guys. Merged into C2, then Portrait seemed to get upset something and left and brought you guys with. Then we nobled you :lol:

Worst Memory:

I was in TRE at the end: people were inactive and leaving, and what had been a once proud tribe with great history just dissolved. It is an odd thing in TW to be a realatively small player, tribeless and under attack...a very lonely time.

OK...there are feelings in a guy's post: flame away :icon_biggrin:
Hmm...I also remember nobling them.

378. Macho del Castillo (217|961) K92 10,098 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-14 23:37:42
377. Cawtis Castle (223|958) K92 10,009 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-14 22:36:19
376. Merinna (206|983) K92 11,424 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-13 14:02:39
373. Hartre (221|959) K92 10,011 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-12 00:37:48
372. Livin on the Edge (223|965) K92 10,103 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-11 12:02:0
371. Alieras Blade (219|964) K92 12,020 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-10 07:12:04
370. Sword of the Jhereg (222|960) K92 10,172 Sethra [TRE] crosamich [C²] 2009-07-09 16:16:10

We're happy to have you though Sethra :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

c2 is definitely a fun tribe to be in, so I suppose my time in c2 would also count. I have too many good times on this world :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:

gn0me

Best moment...
probably back in Ad Inf days, when breakaway9 was still here and showed me what sending support really meant.
Things kinda went downhill after him and his coworker got banned from playing at work (shared connection) and he left to spend time with his family after that.

Worst moment...
Ad Inf near the end when everyone was bitching i guess...

also finding out too late that the guys in Orc were really cool, and straightforward, nothing like the dips in Bang at the time (nothing against you Ali, but you notice I only talked to you about cycling and Ankara after that, never TW? lol). Unfortunately by that time it was too late to ally with Orc as Bang and Orc merged into that epic unhappy ending... I mean come on Orcsters, merging into a new tribe named Bang!? the question mark didn't count for as much as you claimed it did :icon_neutral:

My greatest wish for w16... a resurrection of Organised Chaos!!!

@Michiel oh can I guess who your betrayer was and that you are presently seeking retribution but on a tribewide basis? Its amazing how many people I hear been backstabbed by that one, and how many people still loyal to 'it*' (though a new set)

*No offence, just don't want to specify gender

DeletedUser78416

rule #324 of the guide to being a man:

Don't bring up a situation like MichielK did, about someone abusing trust...then not telling who it was.

That's like saying, hey...I gotta secret, but I'm not telling.

:icon_cool:

Spit it out already!

Inquiring minds want to know.

DeletedUser

Best moment: Getting a 4 mill account

worst moment: Losing my old one :(

gn0me

Don't bring up a situation like MichielK did, about someone abusing trust...then not telling who it was.

Spit it out already!

Sorry I'm not into slander. Until I have proof in my hands everything is hearsay... usually in an attempt to incite some kind of reaction in the gift-horses favour.

MichielK

Spit it out already!

"My worst moment ever was when someone abused my trust. Quickly, let's stoop to their level!"

Inquiring minds can wait until they're blue in the face :icon_wink: