The Big Bob Times - Discussion

DeletedUser

Ok, welcome to the introdutory edition of the Big Bob Times. There is no news this week, just thought i would get the name out there and give you a chance to mail me any comments on the format/image. I dont expect this to be stikied immediately as there is no news yet!! Enjoy!

Issue1.jpg

issue1sup.jpg

DeletedUser51390

w30 was the first church world:icon_redface:

other than that not bad at all

DeletedUser

Keep it up , am looking forward to some smaller tribes contributing.

DeletedUser

Great start - may i suggest keeping anonymity! If we truly want this to be a paper of news and not just a series of propaganda press statements by the tribes then guarantee (if requested) players anonymity so people can say what they think.

Secondly (and this is for people that dont know you, i do and know you are straight down the middle) can you guarantee that any information you receive will not be used by your tribe!

Without the above all you are going to get are the usual one eyed posts that we are all guilty of - whereas I would like to be able to read "from the trenches"! You will have names of people that send you info so if something is blatantly untrue then you can quite easly refuse any more mail from them!

Anyway just my thoughts

Rulerofmiddleearth

Secondly (and this is for people that dont know you, i do and know you are straight down the middle) can you guarantee that any information you receive will not be used by your tribe!

He is making a public newspaper. The information will be usable for anyone.

If anyone is stupid enough to share exploitable information to a reporter that they know will publicize it to friends and foes alike, they can hardly blame the reporter.

DeletedUser51390

He is making a public newspaper. The information will be usable for anyone.

If anyone is stupid enough to share exploitable information to a reporter that they know will publicize it to friends and foes alike, they can hardly blame the reporter.

^^ agreed

DeletedUser

If people around here agree, i will sticky this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

pimpf i already stated the objectivity in the "Forum" thread. I will keep it as objective as possible and will reasearch as many sides of the story as possible.

My apologies, i was unsure as to which world was the first to have a church..ah well.

Thanks for the support guys!

DeletedUser

okay thats fine - I was actually trying to make it as factual and current as possible - and as for people stupid enough to give information to a reporter - mistakes are made - even by RL politicians - I was just saying that if he becomes privvy to something by accident then his impartiality should be above reproach.

Rulerofmiddleearth

If people around here agree, i will sticky this.

Considering the fluctuations of threads on this world currently, it hardly is a make or break decision ;)

But this thread will more then likely be the main event on w33 forum the coming weeks, given that people do step up and participate, so a sticky got my vote.

On a sidenote regarding the format, while the current one do look good, you might wanna save yourself alot of editing hassle by writing it straight into the forum (possible c/p-ing it from an application your comfortable writing in and then do the necessary editing to make it fit). This also gives you the option to use BB-tags like /spoiler for big blocks of war-stats or ingame conversations, if such would be relevant at some point.

I'll try doing my part in providing news when I get the chance, but between busy summerdays and sitting idle watching an empty incoming-tab, waiting for the day the awesome wrath of the superior power that is IFY is unleashed on my poor n00b villagers, there really aint too much to report.

But I'm sure I'll be able to cook up something editorial if I put some effort into it, if not in the first edition (depending on your deadlines obviously).

DeletedUser51390

I'll try doing my part in providing news when I get the chance, but between busy summerdays and sitting idle watching an empty incoming-tab, waiting for the day the awesome wrath of the superior power that is IFY is unleashed on my poor n00b villagers, there really aint too much to report.

careful ROME you dont want big bobbert getting pissy with you to for talking about the current events in the world. he wants tribal maters only:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Considering the fluctuations of threads on this world currently, it hardly is a make or break decision ;)

But this thread will more then likely be the main event on w33 forum the coming weeks, given that people do step up and participate, so a sticky got my vote.

On a sidenote regarding the format, while the current one do look good, you might wanna save yourself alot of editing hassle by writing it straight into the forum (possible c/p-ing it from an application your comfortable writing in and then do the necessary editing to make it fit). This also gives you the option to use BB-tags like /spoiler for big blocks of war-stats or ingame conversations, if such would be relevant at some point.

But I'm sure I'll be able to cook up something editorial if I put some effort into it, if not in the first edition (depending on your deadlines obviously).

I like the current format he's doing it in. Yeah it takes longer but it is far more interesting that the usual straight forum writing. His format is what makes the BBT special, it's why I enjoy it so much. Don't listen to RoME BB!!!!

DeletedUser

careful ROME you dont want big bobbert getting pissy with you to for talking about the current events in the world. he wants tribal maters only:icon_confused:

I am going to disregard that obvious provocation remark there thewall, nice of you to think of me as some immature petulent child who throws a tantrum when he doesnt get his way, your probably right, then again....

Now i suggest you watch how you speak to me, i dont do this thing for the good of my health or to impress people like you. I do it for the world and the forums and to improove activity, which you have clearly stated you are not a fan off. So i suugest you back off or i wont do it all together, its no skin off my nose, but just be aware that it will be your doing if this forum dies by flaming one its only revivers....your choice wall. Feel free to flame me all you like in the forum about tribal stuff, and ingame things, but as i have said i am neutral in this paper, and i would appreciate if you would be too.

Back on topic. With regards to the format RoME, i appreciate your input, i have thought about alot of different ways of setting it up but the one here (imo) is the best. Any important information (such as BB codes) can be placed at the bottom of the page if people are interested. But i am just getting used to the forum tools and so i will have to have a play around with them before i am comfortable making it into a news paper. I will have to see, no doubt the Big Bob Times will develop and change in the future as i try out new formats.