The Chocolate Easter Bunny

Tic Toc

I just finished my Easter dinner, said my thank you's, and decided to head upstairs to write this. What gave me a sudden jolt was my little cousin. Every year she gets a little chocolate bunny, except for the fact that this year it was a two pound chocolate behemoth. Two goddamn pounds, bigger than a real bunny, with its ears nibbled on. I know she will never finish this bunny. Hell, she might even forget it and leave it at this house. However, next year, she will expect another, perhaps a bigger one or one of equal size, otherwise she will be very upset.

Why am I talking about an Easter chocolate rabbit? Well, when one of aunts mentioned that she has abandoned the bunny, the image of inactive players and barbarian villages just clicked in my head. Then my uncle said, the grumpy old man he is, "Why buy her a new bunny every year if she doesn't finish this one?"

Now let's take Tribal Wars world 33. Based on what I just saw in another thread, Tango Man, one of the pride and joy's of this world, has gone dangerously inactive. My two wonderful friends Kaylub and Agent Incognito have also gone inactive on this world. My wonderful ex-leader Last Apparatus has also gone inactive on this world. My once student Tzhao has also gone inactive on this world. What the hell is going on?

But then I see a coincidence. My friend Kaylub quit this world when he slept through an attack, losing his offense. He figured he could just start again on another world, eh? My friend Agent Incognito left because she was surrounded by allies, too lazy to send a train 80+ hours, too stressed by real life situations to bother. My ex-leader Last Apparatus left after a mishap with an attack mixed, again, with real life situation. Even my student Tzhao chose to call it quits on this world after failing to take a village and losing his offense. And suddenly their likeliness to my little cousin falls into place.

I don't want to jump to conclusions on this website, goodness, save myself from being flamed. However I can tell you exactly who's at fault that my little cousin never finishes her chocolate bunny. It is not my little cousin's fault for being a lovely little girl who simply adores rabbits. It is not my little cousin's fault that she is showered with a present she cannot handle. It is not my little cousins's fault that she chooses to abandon her chocolate bunny.

She's just a little girl, but she knows that, even if she nibbles on but eventually gives up this wonderful chunk of chocolate, that my grandfather will get her another one next year. She expects that my sister or I will eat this inactive, barbarian chocolate bunny when she leaves it on the world 33 table.

I suppose I am just ranting, inadvertantly attacking the administrative policies of the Tribal Wars staff. However, there is no doubt in my mind that if the Tribal War's staff sent out a message that world 37 was the last world for a year, a lot less players would quit at the first sign of trouble, there would be a lot less inactivies on this world. I absolutely love the change of pace and settings on 33, however the execution and presentation on the part of, er, my grandfather is why players are abandoning their, er, chocolate rabbits.

I suppose I will have to finish the damn thing. It tastes bitter.

openeye

Here here. Agreed entirely. Gone are the days of needing to rebound and the worlds and players suffer for it.

DeletedUser

Sigh… I remember the good ol’ day. Those worlds didn’t close for a helluvatime. I remembered starting out in K4 in w5 and world still didn’t close for another two months or so.

[FONT=&quot]Good days gone[/FONT]

DeletedUser

I sometimes get tired of eating all that chocolate, but I will finish the bunny when I get the chance. I will fight to keep my chocolate bunny.

DeletedUser

Elite Nite of W5? Are you the one who said you went to Stuy? Because if you are, then I suppose you’re to be considered an enemy :)…This is Paladindan6796 from W5 SCIR0S. You probably don’t remember me though.

Excellent analogy, though, Tic Toc

Tic Toc

I sometimes get tired of eating all that chocolate, but I will finish the bunny when I get the chance. I will fight to keep my chocolate bunny.

It went way over your head, didn't it.

DeletedUser

Elite Nite of W5? Are you the one who said you went to Stuy? Because if you are, then I suppose you’re to be considered an enemy :)…This is Paladindan6796 from W5 SCIR0S. You probably don’t remember me though.

Excellent analogy, though, Tic Toc

bah I remember, but I don't even play there anymore xD
(more like spamming the forums whenever I can)

EDIT: TT, it sure did

DeletedUser

Sort of. Depends on what you mean by playing though. If you mean by growth and doing the usual war stuff, then not really. The point graph is either stationary or going down :p

[FONT=&quot]I guess this is another one of the chocolate example. W5 is dying too :O

ps. if you still want to chat, Pm me
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, that wasn’t the question. It was ‘Do you go to Stuy?’ But I don’t think that’s a very appropriate question in this particular forum and one you might not want to answer, so I’ll drop the question.

Yes, I daresay many of the early worlds are experiencing the same thing.

DeletedUser51390

hehehe i have lost my offense about 5-6 times by now and lost more thn one train this world already :icon_redface:

This time im playing for keeps, I wont quit unless she makes me :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

who's she? mommy? xD

I lost my offense quite a few times. INcluding one nuke and a whole train.. which went back ward o.0

DeletedUser

yes it would be a great thing if they released w38 saying it was the last world for 6 months, and make it so you cant choose your location. And make the settings as old school as possible (w1 to be exact).

but they wont, the world whores. >.<

Rulerofmiddleearth

Your "dad" is female too, eh DITM? The times we live in...

A good read Tic Toc and only too true.

I believe the slow rebuilds make people loosing a full off a bit more eager to just restart in a new world, but as you say, that wouldnt be an option if there wasn't allways a new world around the corner.

DeletedUser

Wow great post TT, really made me think... *drools* Mmm chocolate..

Though i agree with middleearth, it's the slow rebuilds that's got a big part in people giving up. A month to rebuild a half decent army? Who can be bothered?

DeletedUser

Very nice, TT.

I've come so close to quitting this world due to W34, W36 & W37. At least a 6 month stop on all new worlds would be beautiful. No one is ever in it for the long haul nowadays. The good players leave and all the noobs not even worth nobling stay. :icon_wink: (The last part was my poor attempt at a joke, I'm tired :icon_biggrin:)

TW doesn't really think about the people already playing, they only target people randomly finding the game and playing it, that's why they open so many worlds. They like to get new people hooked, if you're new and you start off in a new world where everyone is already a lot bigger than you it's... demoralizing, makes people not want to play. They don't love us. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Tbh that wasn't really the case with me. I started in w1 and the biggest players were pretty big already. All I thought was, hmmm, how long will it take me to catch them?

Unfortunately I didn't stay around that long to even get close :p

I think what you mean is more like, the people around you. I once landed near some 300k pointer who fed me for a few weeks, then just nobled me >.>

DeletedUser

Tbh that wasn't really the case with me. I started in w1 and the biggest players were pretty big already. All I thought was, hmmm, how long will it take me to catch them?

Unfortunately I didn't stay around that long to even get close :p

I think what you mean is more like, the people around you. I once landed near some 300k pointer who fed me for a few weeks, then just nobled me >.>
Yes, players being nearby is the point I was trying to make, as I said before I'm tired, forgive me. :icon_smile:

Also, I lol'ed at the bit I put in bold.

DeletedUser

hey, that was early world :p

pfftt wouldn't anybody? xD (another exp of me quitting a world in frustration cause as a 7th grader, I couldn't handle it )