The Church

DeletedUser

whats the actual forumla for diagonals and the such because even the circle isnt completely clear, perhaps the circle should light up all the outer affected villages

DeletedUser22924

it give a general idea of what vill ur church is covering

DeletedUser

whats the actual forumla for diagonals and the such because even the circle isnt completely clear, perhaps the circle should light up all the outer affected villages

That's actually a good idea. Some vills are half-in and half-out of the circle, and it seems like a coin toss as to which of them is actually affected.

DeletedUser

For premium users:

Go by ram speed. Minutes per field = 30 minutes for rams. Thats how I do a quick check.

DeletedUser

Damn, I should have thought of that. Thanks k9.

Quick church question. One of my vills has Belief: 2, yet I only have 1 church. Why is that? Do tribemates church radius's add to it?

DeletedUser

Quick church question. One of my vills has Belief: 2, yet I only have 1 church. Why is that? Do tribemates church radius's add to it?
Ok that's interesting. I have more than one church but none overlapping. None of my villages have more than 1 belief.

DeletedUser41666

Damn, I should have thought of that. Thanks k9.

It'll be a bug, if you don't have two churches effecting it.

DeletedUser

Perhaps I'm thinking of this completely wrong...but it seems that the church may be a complete waste of resources/population. If a level 3 church is eating up 12000 population (or even 5000 population for a level 1), it is pointless. The church only cuts my troops power by half...but I can have far more than twice the number of troops with 12000 extra population. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

DeletedUser

Perhaps I'm thinking of this completely wrong...but it seems that the church may be a complete waste of resources/population. If a level 3 church is eating up 12000 population (or even 5000 population for a level 1), it is pointless. The church only cuts my troops power by half...but I can have far more than twice the number of troops with 12000 extra population. Am I looking at this the wrong way?
Yeah, you're looking at it the wrong way. The church does take up a lot of farm space, but only in 1 village. However, if you don't build one then ALL of your villages will be operating at 50% efficiency. So, it's very beneficial to have a church village if you like playing W30.

DeletedUser

Yeah, you're looking at it the wrong way. The church does take up a lot of farm space, but only in 1 village. However, if you don't build one then ALL of your villages will be operating at 50% efficiency. So, it's very beneficial to have a church village if you like playing W30.

I'm assuming you mean, all the villages out of the range of the church? Once again though, each one of those villages can have way over two times the number of troops as those villages with a church...easily making up for the 50% cut.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean, all the villages out of the range of the church? Once again though, each one of those villages can have way over two times the number of troops as those villages with a church...easily making up for the 50% cut.

Yes but not every village needs a church. One may get the disadvantage, but the rest get the benefits, try having an offense village launch at half power, its not going to work.

DeletedUser

For premium users:

Go by ram speed. Minutes per field = 30 minutes for rams. Thats how I do a quick check.

so, for church lvl1, if your ram takes more than 2 hours to get there, its not under the influence?

DeletedUser

what it he 'it' in this statement?

from OP:
'This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside it.'

since a village is either inside or outside my church's radius, the it can not be my church's radius...

do your troops fight differently if inside someone else's church radius? which makes sense...but not stated explicitly, since the term 'a church' is used, rather than defender's church, attacker's church, etc...or is it "any" church, which is how i seem to interpret it.

i'm playing W31, so there are still many churches, perhaps clouding my interpretation?

apologies that i'm so thick headed (or literal)

DeletedUser

IT refeers to your village.
And other players churches dont have an influence of your troops, with an exception of support.

DeletedUser

IT refeers to your village.
And other players churches dont have an influence of your troops, with an exception of support.

So replacing it with 'your village'
'as long as the attacking village is inside your village'
doesn't work for me.

But the concept behind your answer of influence seems to make the most sense from a gaming perspective.

or does the OP refer to being attacked ?

DeletedUser

lol, sorry, IT stands for radius :lol:

its not that hard...and quite logicall :)

DeletedUser

lol, sorry, IT stands for radius :lol:

its not that hard...and quite logicall :)

the concept is quite logical -
the sentence has an issue....replace radius for IT...
the term 'a church' is nebulous.

My interpretation:
"troops fight at 50% strength if not influenced by ANY of the the troops' churches"
with the exception of support troops which......

(or '....if not inside the radii of any of the troop's churches')

DeletedUser

the concept is quite logical -
the sentence has an issue....replace radius for IT...
the term 'a church' is nebulous.

My interpretation:
"troops fight at 50% strength if not influenced by ANY of the the troops' churches"
with the exception of support troops which......

(or '....if not inside the radii of any of the troop's churches')

Your interpretation is wrong.

'This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside it.' - I'm no genius in English however the "it" is obviously the church's radius, just by reading that sentence. And it makes sense. Your version didn't, as troops can't have their own churches :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

the troops' churches would be ones that they might go to? like the one in their home village, or one built in a village they've conquered ....

this sentence has a logic flaw (stupid university class i took) - replacing IT
'This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside the church's radius.'

Let me try stating it this way:
'This means that you can attack at full strength outside your first church's radius, as long as the target village is inside a (>=1) church's radius which *you* built.'

my interpretation used negation to simplify the sentence, and eliminated the word 'attack,' since it appears true for 'defend.'

thanks for the patience - i'm sure i've grasped the concept - which i was confused about this AM, but since i've started this, may as well work the clean-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To see if a village is influenced by one of your churches, simply left-click the village on the map. It will either say "Influenced by the church" or "Not influenced by the church". Pretty simple, eh?

FWIW, it appears that a village must be completely inside the blue circle in order to be influenced by the church.