The Church

DeletedUser

To see if a village is influenced by one of your churches, simply left-click the village on the map. It will either say "Influenced by the church" or "Not influenced by the church". Pretty simple, eh?

FWIW, it appears that a village must be completely inside the blue circle in order to be influenced by the church.

Optimus's guide shows this with this image.

areaofinfluence.png

K9burn also has shown a method of seeing whether a village is in a specific radius (ram distance @ 2,3,4 hours respective of church level).

DeletedUser

Why can't I rebuild a first church ?

Well, my first village got nobled. So far so good. But if I've understood this right I should now be able to build a first church in my other village (I only have one village left now and there's no church in it), spending little time and resources. However, it seems I can't - the only church I'm offered to build is the expensive level 1 church which uses up 5000 units of farm space. Is this just a bug or am I screwed ?

BTW, I haven't seen any positive aspects of this whole church deal yet. It just means that a strong enemy close by can noble you even more easily when your tribe mates aren't inside your church radius (CR) since their support troops fight with lesser strength. In other words, the church takes part of the tribal aspects out of TW (unless your tribe mates happen to be within your CR). In the latter case, however, this proximity will hinder your own growth later on... I shouldn't have gotten a premium for this! :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I cant belive how ppl cant reason this church.
All that belief thing happenes from the Defenders or Attackers point of view.

So, if your friends are defending your village, that is under the church influence, everyone gets the "bouns"...

DeletedUser

All right then. That answers my second remark (I still can't see the interest of having a church world though). However, my main problem is that for some obscure reason I can't rebuild a First church.

DeletedUser

All right then. That answers my second remark (I still can't see the interest of having a church world though). However, my main problem is that for some obscure reason I can't rebuild a First church.

ONce you have built any other church, you may not build a first church.

DeletedUser

ONce you have built any other church, you may not build a first church.

Not quite. "The first church is unique and can only be constructed in one village, and only, if there are no normal churches in any of the player's villages." - From the help section.

DeletedUser

Yep, but that still doesn't explain anything. I have no church left anywhere since the village which had the church got nobled. BTW I hadn't even built the church I lost since it was the First church already present in the village (now lost) when I got it.

DeletedUser41666

Yep, but that still doesn't explain anything. I have no church left anywhere since the village which had the church got nobled. BTW I hadn't even built the church I lost since it was the First church already present in the village (now lost) when I got it.

Send in a ticket.

DeletedUser

This has also happend to me and a tribe mate. It has been reported and from the response it is a bug. No time frame for fixing it yet.

DeletedUser

the troops' churches would be ones that they might go to? like the one in their home village, or one built in a village they've conquered ....

this sentence has a logic flaw (stupid university class i took) - replacing IT
'This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside the church's radius.'

Let me try stating it this way:
'This means that you can attack at full strength outside your first church's radius, as long as the target village is inside a (>=1) church's radius which *you* built.'

my interpretation used negation to simplify the sentence, and eliminated the word 'attack,' since it appears true for 'defend.'

thanks for the patience - i'm sure i've grasped the concept - which i was confused about this AM, but since i've started this, may as well work the clean-up.

According to this thread my interpretation is wrong.
your troops are religious, not matter where the fight takes place, as long as they originate from a village under the influence of one of your churchs.

if i may use the OP, and now that I know the answer from losing a bunch of troops, it does make sense.

'This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking (originating)village is inside it.'

Mia culpa for reading it as the 'attacking village' was the target, not the origin.

clicking on the village that you are going to attack does not tell me if the troops will be influenced during the fight.....it tells me if the village that i'm attacking will be under the influence of my church(es) if i noble it. <--next line down has attacking power

now that i'm over that hump.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Clicking on the village you are going to attack will tell you if your troops will be influenced. It will say "Fighting power as attacker: 100%". I assume that if you attack from a village that is not religious it would say "Fighting power as attacker: 50%".

DeletedUser

Clicking on the village you are going to attack will tell you if your troops will be influenced. It will say "Fighting power as attacker: 100%". I assume that if you attack from a village that is not religious it would say "Fighting power as attacker: 50%".

found it! thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Grailfinder
Well, my first village got nobled. So far so good. But if I've understood this right I should now be able to build a first church in my other village (I only have one village left now and there's no church in it), spending little time and resources. However, it seems I can't - the only church I'm offered to build is the expensive level 1 church which uses up 5000 units of farm space. Is this just a bug or am I screwed ?

3800sc
This has also happend to me and a tribe mate. It has been reported and from the response it is a bug. No time frame for fixing it yet.

I was considering destroying my first church and moving it to another village, but after reading what Grailfinder and 3800sc said, I'm concerned that I may not be able to rebuild my first church.

I have no other churches.

DeletedUser

If the village im sending my attacks from doesnt have a Church does it make a difference if it had one considering my target is Not in church radius even if it did have one.

Basically One of my villages (not the attacking one) has the target village in its church radius and my attacking village doesnt have a church. So belief is at -. Would my troops still be religious? I mean it says Influenced by the church but Attack power 50%.

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this. This church stuff is a headache ;/

DeletedUser

If the village im sending my attacks from doesnt have a Church does it make a difference if it had one considering my target is Not in church radius even if it did have one.

Basically One of my villages (not the attacking one) has the target village in its church radius and my attacking village doesnt have a church. So belief is at -. Would my troops still be religious? I mean it says Influenced by the church but Attack power 50%.

If you are attacking from a village with belief at -, then they will be fighting at 50% strength.

DeletedUser

There as been no resoution to this problem yet. All I have had to d is waste a village to allow me to build a level 3 church.

DeletedUser

The problem of rebuilding a first chuch has now been resolved. The first Church now appears in the build list.

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter if the target village is in your church radius or not. The target being within your church radius has no effect whatsoever on the attacking power of your troops. What matters is if the village you are attacking with is within one of your church radii. The reason it says "Attack power: 50%" is because the village you want to attack with is not within the radius of any of your churches. To correct this you don't have to build a church in the attacking village. You just need to either expand one of your churches to include the attacking village, or capture a village near the attacking village and build a church there.

DeletedUser

The problem of rebuilding a first chuch has now been resolved. The first Church now appears in the build list.

Thanks.

Can you rebuild in any village, assuming one does not have any other churches, or can you only rebuild in the original village that housed the first church?

DeletedUser

I believe so. I looked in one village and saw I had both the church and the first church as an option. I don't recall clicking to build, but it was complete when I returned from sending a thankyou in my support request and posting here.

After it was built, my HQ only had a first chuch listed in the village it was built and a normal church in the others.