The Church

slates9

No, but once you build another church, of any level, the first church is un-demolishable (new word of the day) and can't be destroyed and rebuilt unless that village is nobled.

DeletedUser71844

What's with the face? I need glasses to make out the detail in there, and I don't have them. What is the face?

slates9

Starting to go off topic now aren't we...

About 2 years ago

I'm only joking :icon_wink:

DeletedUser71844

Haha don't try and get me with that small text. I can just see it. (That's what all the women say)

DeletedUser

No, but once you build another church, of any level, the first church is un-demolishable (new word of the day) and can't be destroyed and rebuilt unless that village is nobled.

Actually thats incorrect. You can destroy and re-build the first church providing the village it existed in was not nobled.
What you need to do is quite long winded but worthwhile if you restructure in line with growth as i do. First you need to demolish all the other churches you have, only when this is done you'll be presented with the option to demolish the first church.

I've done this twice since W30 began and helped a few other people do this too so it is definately the case and there is a thread somewhere on forum confirming it too.

The reason some people are unable to do this is becuase the one village their first church existed in was nobled at some point.

slates9

yeah, well you can do that, but I always figured, for some players, it'd take way too long, so I didn't mention it.
You've done it twice! God I bet that was annoying

DeletedUser

Yeah it is irritating but now it's right i don't have to do it anymore.......I hope!

DeletedUser

Disappearing church

Just nobled a vill., and right up until the time I took it, the church was there. Now, it's gone. Is this the intended behavior?

Could use some help here, but, after reading thread, am ready to rebuild church no matter what. Thanks.

Cheers,
abc

Last edited by a moderator:

slates9

So long as the village you took is in the radius of the church you already have, you don't need to build another one.

And to answer your first question, yes, when you noble a village with a church in it, the chuch disappears once you take it

DeletedUser

it's cause it's 2 accounts mate, you're only allowed one account/world ;)

seriously, if you got two first churches, send in a ticket

DeletedUser

I thought i had 2 first churches as when i go to building and click on the church icon then 2 come up like this but when i go into the village one church is not there is this a glitch?
OMG, DIE. is coming!! (x|x) K75 8.574 24 23 16 5 0 1 1 20 1 0 19 30 30 28 30 28 4 20
OMG, DIE. is coming!! (x|x) K74 9.156 20 25 15 2 0 1 1 20 1 1 15 30 30 30 30 30 1 20

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser80975

okay so a buddy of mine attacked someone from a village that was influenced by a church, but the village he attacked was outside gthe radius. going through the sim it showed minimal losses, even going so far as to use aliethas bonfire to guess, as the village had 200 cats. he lost a nearly 4k axe, 675 lc, 300 MA, 375 HC, 350 rams. he was attacking a village with
29 59 15 176 422 175 140 226 6 164 1 0 and a lvl 20 wall. he lost every troop that was sent as an attack. this looked very wierd so he sent in a ticket and this is it here...

Hello

I'm puzzled by the results of this attack ...

http://en40.tribalwars.net/public_report/29e78dcaa9dc9646dd94ca94617ac3dd

Putting the numbers in the simulator including bad luck, even arming my opponent with Aletheia's Bonfire, I suffered far greater losses than I might have expected.

I wonder if there might be a bug?

Thanks in advance - John
2009-12-14 17:30:33
Sorry, I forgot to say my Paladin was armed with Mieszko's lance.
seagryfn 2009-12-15 00:50:53
Hello anonymous,

Although your troops came from a religious belief village, they travelled a long way... outside the influence of the church they came from. Did you own another church within your radius of influence of the target that kept their belief strong? If not, they would have taken a penalty attacking that would account for the difference.

Troops only uphold their belief when they are within range of a church that you own.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support
2009-12-15 09:40:39
Hi Seagryfn

Thanks for the quick reply.
A tribe mate with a church was nearby.
I understood this would influence my troops,
& the report says 'Your troops were religious.'
I am still puzzled!

Thanks again - anonymous
seagryfn 2009-12-15 12:57:38
With the exception of lordfrankius, who is not an ally of some tribe your in, I see nothing but other NMS villages within 10 fields in every direction of your target.
The belief radius of a level 3 church is just 8 fields.

If you had a tribemate who was closer by and was since nobled out, perhaps his church was not level 3, and therefore had a shorter radius? Or he was in a corner of the radius and just missed giving a bonus to your attack against your target?

In any case, there is a special Questions & Answers section in the forum about churches that you will find here:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=138800
Hopefully a review of the information posted there might help you understand your report... if not, you can post there for clues as well.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support

so apparently the village you attack has to be inside the range of a church??? this doesnt make sense to me because
1. its obviously not that way as ive been playing with churches for a while now
2. everywhere i look it says just the village the offensive troops originate at needs to have a church.
3. it says in the attack report that the offensive troops WERE religious

so is there anyone that can help me out with this question?