The Church

DeletedUser

If the troops you are using to attack are from a village under the influence of a church, then your attack will fight at 100%. The location of the village you are attacking is irrelevant.

DeletedUser

I dont understand if it isnt about distance then why can ya just build a church at every village you noble that way your men are under influence? or is it expensive or am i missing something?

DeletedUser

Churches cost a lot in terms of population space. A level one Church is 5000 or so pop space gone, and if you go for level 3 Churches, you are looking at 12,000+ space gone. Thats over half of the total possible population space of a normal village. Just on one building.

In your first village, you have what is called a First Church. It doesn't have the same population costs, and has the same influence area of a level 2 Church, I believe. Problem is, you can only have one, and once you have another Church, you can no longer build the First Church anywhere.

That is why clustering is more important on Church worlds. If you are too spread out, you are using too much population space on Churches, which diminishes your overall troop production.

DeletedUser

Is there a way to check whether a village is within your church radius without counting spaces? Is there a way to turn on a grid so you can see spaces easier?

DeletedUser

......its on your map! the only way i think you may have a prob is because of your browser...... but it works fine on IE, FF and google chrome

DeletedUser

I am using FF, what is "on your map"? Some indicator that tells you whether a village you don't own is within your sphere of religion?

DeletedUser

/facepalm...

go to the map screen.. Display influence area of religion

DeletedUser

Do all New worlds Now have churches? There is no information under world settings stating whether or not a particular world has churches or other rules like not being able to support outside of your tribe.

DeletedUser

What’s with the question about church in the game as a poll? For example - I am not a player with fixed religious view but I still like churches and temples as a place to be and rest or think. They have good and inspiring aura or something to me – as I feel it for myself. But when answering that I would like to have the church - I feel like a part of some parish now... I do believe in god as a bigger force or something we do not understand or know much but I am not man of a certain religion – like the poll sort of shows when you say yes or no or I do not care. Still – I like churches and temples and so one in the games as visual cubicles.

DeletedUser

I've seen the new poll, maybe I'm reading more into it, as looking to see if to keep it or not. Personally it could have been done better. Opposed to hurting a player without a church making his troops fight worse, have all troops fight normal, but villages under the influence fight better (Improved Moral), in addition make it so your target village, you are attacking need to be in the radius to receive the benefit, and lastly, make them less costly on the population.

The way the church works now, it penalizes the defender far more then attacker for not having a church, the population needed for one is way too high, and gives too much aid to attackers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It does add more strategy to the game. For example, you may have a large enemy. If you find out he only has one church in a small radius and in that radius he has 5 villages. If you destroy the church providing the radius, you will have 5 of his villages at 50%. So it does add more strategy.

DeletedUser

The first church cannot be demolished.
Churches from Lv 1-3 can be demolish but the 1st church can only be nobled.
You are mistaken. You can demolish a first church as long as you do not have any other churches.

DeletedUser

And, just to emphasize the point, here is a screen shot:

FirstChurchdemo.jpg

kseb

Question

1. I launch attack from village without church influence. But, let's say 5 minutes before attack landing time, I build a church there.

Basically, in a moment of launching attack, the village I attack from does not have a church, but at the moment of landing attack, the village I'm attacking from does have a church.

Will my attacking force have 100% or 50% when my attack hits ?

2004 Artemis

It will be 100%. The game doesn't check if there's a church in the village until the exact moment of battle.

raao

You are mistaken. You can demolish a first church as long as you do not have any other churches.

question,does it mean i cant demo it if there's another church influence the village that got 1st church or i cant demo it because ive already built another church?

also can i cat down the first church myself?