The Church

DeletedUser41666

Maybe if I post this here... when people search for their church question before asking it (like they all do:icon_rolleyes:) they'll see it first.

Church Info

Church Belief Radius:

Level 1: 4 fields in every direction
Level 2: 6 fields in every direction
Level 3: 8 fields in every direction
areaofinfluence.png

Church Cost Structure:

Level 1: 16.000 wood - 20.000 clay - 5.000 iron - 5.000 population
Level 2: 20.160 wood - 25.600 clay - 6.300 iron - 2.750 population(additional)
Level 3: 25.402 wood - 32.768 clay - 7.938 iron - 4.263 population(additional)

Church Build Time Factor:

Level 1 = 5:40:00
Level 2 = 6:48:00
Level 3 = 8:09:36
The actual build time is calculated by the following formula:
([build time factor] * 1.05^(-[level of the village headquarters])) / [world speed]

Church Point Values:
Level 1: 10 points
Level 2: 2 points
Level 3: 2 points

Church Build Requirements:

Level 5 Headquarters and whatever farm level required to hold the population.

Church Destruction:
Churches can be catapulted but they take significantly more catapults to drop a level than normal buildings.
It takes 400 catapults to destroy a lvl 1 church(Please confirm?)
167 to take lvl 2 to lvl 1(Please confirm?)
and 125 to take lvl 3 to lvl 2(Please confirm?)
Or 600 to take lvl 3 down completely. (Please confirm?)
This is with against a empty, wall-less village with 0% luck, no morale penalty and religious attackers (religion makes no difference to the defence of target buildings)
"When you noble a village the church 'flies away'" - Morthy

Church Effect:

All villages that are not contained within a church radius will have all troops' defensive and attack power reduced to 50%.
This means that you can attack outside your church's radius, as long as the attacking village is inside it.
Defending troops take the church effect of the village/person they are defending.

Exception:

There is an exception to the above setup/rules. The very first church that you start with will be a church that has a 6 field radius and is 10 points. This church cannot be upgraded at any point. In addition, the original church can't be damaged by catapults.

EDIT(s):
  • Yes you can demolish your first church. However it would be a huge waste. As when you build it back, it will still just be the same 'first (non-upgradable) church'. You can move it to another village if you have no other churches.
  • If you lose your first church, you can rebuild it if you have no other churches.
  • Churches only affect your own villages, not allies, not others. Only yours.
  • This church is a different one to the one that built priests on the early German servers.
  • Barbs/Bonus will be affected by churches (I.E spiking villages) - This changed during one update, not sure which.
  • All calculations of religion will be done at landing time.
  • Having religion/belief at two or more has no effect. It’s just to inform you that your village is under the effect of two churches, you receive no extra bonus for it.
  • First churches take less than 15minutes to build at any level HQ. (Please confirm?)

Trying to edit stuff that has changed. I have been away for nearly 2 years from playing. Will try to get updated as w63 has just been released.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Very nice. Though I doubt the questions will stop. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I had these results in my simulator (world 33):

Code:
Catapults needed to reduce church level. 
Religious troops (non-religious troops)

Church    Levels decreased
Level     1               2               3

1         400 (800)       -               -
2         167 (333)       500 (999)       -
3         120 (240)       360 (720)       600 (1200)

DeletedUser

Helpful pulsar :). I refuse to join a church world so it doesn't help me, but I'm sure it will help others.

DeletedUser

If i have 4 villages, with 1 outside my churches influence, and i decide to demolish it and build it within another village, so that all villages are within it's influence,. What resources and time does it take to rebuild?

DeletedUser

Look at the help page for your world. It will give you the time the amount of resources for each level. As for the time, that depends on the world speed and your HQ level. I would suggest looking at your hq in the village in which you wish to build the church.

DeletedUser

Like I said, look at the help pages. As for the build time, I'm not sure how you can find that out without actually demolishing the first church and then rebuilding it.

benllben

fact:

You still need 600 catapults to go from 3 to 0

It does not matter if you have -25% luck or 25% luck, doesnt matter if the moral is 0.

But your troops must be religous to do it in only 600.

As for 15 mins for the church, i will find out soon for you when i build it :)

DeletedUser2386

fact:

You still need 600 catapults to go from 3 to 0

It does not matter if you have -25% luck or 25% luck, doesnt matter if the moral is 0.

But your troops must be religous to do it in only 600.

As for 15 mins for the church, i will find out soon for you when i build it :)
I thought an attacker couldnt demolish the first church, nor can it be level 2 or 3?

DeletedUser

if you have a Belief level of 2 in a village do you get 200% * 200% = 400% atk rating or do you still have only the 200% that you would have normally?

Zord Gaf

Elder Moderator
Tribal Wars Team
Elder
Contest Moderator
Reaction score
It's still only 100%, I believe. It just means the village is covered by another church.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41666

if you have a Belief level of 2 in a village do you get 200% * 200% = 400% atk rating or do you still have only the 200% that you would have normally?

[*]Having religion/belief at two or more has no effect. It’s just to inform you that your village is under the effect of two churches, you receive no extra bonus for it.

And the church makes people fight at 100% and without it, at 50%... It doesn't make them fight at 200%..

I Am King Cool

I've never played a church world, but it sounds fun. Nice guide thing, questions probably won't stop though.... :(