The Church

DeletedUser

One more question:
can I build First church once more time if:
1. I have no village with the first church (it has been conquered, for example).
2. I have one or more villages with "common" churches (non-first).

If your village with your first church is nobled, you can rebuild it in any village that does not have a church, if there already is a church in your village and you wish to put a first church in it then you can demolish your church to make room for your first church.

DeletedUser66244

Thanks for the answers. And my bad for not using the search feature.

TheTower

I read that belief wears off, if your troops travel beyond a certain distance? ....can anyone tell how far/long belief lasts, or when it wears off, for that matter?

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Belief will never "wear off" unless the church is demolished by you or someone else during the duration of the troops.

TheTower

So, what was told here in the conversation with the "admins" was wrong? ....I've highlighted the paragragh!

i posted this in the other church topic with no response so here goes.

okay so a buddy of mine attacked someone from a village that was influenced by a church, but the village he attacked was outside gthe radius. going through the sim it showed minimal losses, even going so far as to use aliethas bonfire to guess, as the village had 200 cats. he lost a nearly 4k axe, 675 lc, 300 MA, 375 HC, 350 rams. he was attacking a village with
29 59 15 176 422 175 140 226 6 164 1 0 and a lvl 20 wall. he lost every troop that was sent as an attack. this looked very wierd so he sent in a ticket and this is it here...

Hello

I'm puzzled by the results of this attack ...

http://en40.tribalwars.net/public_report/29e78dcaa9dc9646dd94ca94617ac3dd

Putting the numbers in the simulator including bad luck, even arming my opponent with Aletheia's Bonfire, I suffered far greater losses than I might have expected.

I wonder if there might be a bug?

Thanks in advance - John
2009-12-14 17:30:33
Sorry, I forgot to say my Paladin was armed with Mieszko's lance.
seagryfn 2009-12-15 00:50:53
Hello anonymous,

Although your troops came from a religious belief village, they travelled a long way... outside the influence of the church they came from. Did you own another church within your radius of influence of the target that kept their belief strong? If not, they would have taken a penalty attacking that would account for the difference.

Troops only uphold their belief when they are within range of a church that you own.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support
2009-12-15 09:40:39
Hi Seagryfn

Thanks for the quick reply.
A tribe mate with a church was nearby.
I understood this would influence my troops,
& the report says 'Your troops were religious.'
I am still puzzled!

Thanks again - anonymous
seagryfn 2009-12-15 12:57:38
With the exception of lordfrankius, who is not an ally of some tribe your in, I see nothing but other NMS villages within 10 fields in every direction of your target.
The belief radius of a level 3 church is just 8 fields.

If you had a tribemate who was closer by and was since nobled out, perhaps his church was not level 3, and therefore had a shorter radius? Or he was in a corner of the radius and just missed giving a bonus to your attack against your target?

In any case, there is a special Questions & Answers section in the forum about churches that you will find here:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=138800
Hopefully a review of the information posted there might help you understand your report... if not, you can post there for clues as well.

Sincerely, Seagryfn
Tribalwars Support

so apparently the village you attack has to be inside the range of a church??? this doesnt make sense to me because
1. its obviously not that way as ive been playing with churches for a while now
2. everywhere i look it says just the village the offensive troops originate at needs to have a church.
3. it says in the attack report that the offensive troops WERE religious

so is there anyone that can help me out with this question?

DeletedUser

So, what was told here in the conversation with the "admins" was wrong? ....I've highlighted the paragragh!

If you read any post beyond that, it was explained why the sim came out as it did (level 20 wall was left out), and that Sea was incorrect - both villages were under belief.

So no, that's not correct and it never has been, although somehow it ended up being a common misconception about the church. I remember believing it at one point :lol:

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I actually ended up playing W70 believing that. For the first week, I didn't farm anything outside of my church radius, for fear of not having belief. Morale of the story: always have faith. That is all.

Seagryfn

My apologies for that old post, TheTower. I had only been a moderator for just a few days (new hire) when they gave me W30. I asked for help myself on that one because I was also confused how churches worked at the time... most people were back in 2009.

DeletedUser

Wow look at me a noob and I searched. Thanks I started playing in a Church world and kinda knew what it was about but this explains it far better to me

DeletedUser

Do bonus/barbarian villages have church influence when they have no troops and are outside your church radius?

DeletedUser

Barbs always have belief regardless of their position on the map.

If you're asking whether you have belief when attacking barbs, then the answer is that it depends on whether the village you're attacking from is inside a church radius.

Last edited by a moderator:

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
ive seen a few people who think they need churches in every single vill they own...

as seen in this pic:

(also cant find the spoiler button)
churchesTB_zps517599eb.png

DeletedUser

So if There are no troops in the village then you wont lose any troops attacking it?

ie: Sending 2sprs/2swords to barb inside my church radius calls for no troop loses- Attacking a barb outside the church radius with no troops in it would have the same result correct?

DeletedUser

So if There are no troops in the village then you wont lose any troops attacking it?

ie: Sending 2sprs/2swords to barb inside my church radius calls for no troop loses- Attacking a barb outside the church radius with no troops in it would have the same result correct?
It doesn't matter whether the barb is inside your church radius. It matters whether your village is inside your church radius.

DeletedUser119590

if you wanna destroy a lvl1 church but the enemy village is stacked, do you still need 400 catapults or it depends on how many troops are defending the village?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser93439

Catapults only have a demolishing effect after the battle is over (unlike rams who's battle effect applies before the fight, the wall demolish happens afterward as well though) so I'd expect it to depend a lot on how many troops there were on the opposing side. Though frankly you could easily simulate that yourself.