The continuation of accounts being deleted...

Bigfeet15

guys this is kind of simple and raises an obivous question...

when you hit delete. you have the option to over-ride it if you log in. before it deletes. which is typically done in 5 days. all you have to do is sign on. if the password is changed you have the email and can log in. and you can over-ride an email change within 14 days.

DeletedUser

guys this is kind of simple and raises an obivous question...

when you hit delete. you have the option to over-ride it if you log in. before it deletes. which is typically done in 5 days. all you have to do is sign on. if the password is changed you have the email and can log in. and you can over-ride an email change within 14 days.

Does it inform you ingame that you initiated delete however? Say you don't check your emails all the time, would you not know if delete was initiated? I really don't know on this as I've never hit delete before, even though the temptation is pretty strong ;)

DeletedUser

Its been some time, but as far as I recall, you can't play the account when it is set for deletion, you have to click cancel on a page (much like the annoying announcement pages that get in the way sometimes) which would obviously then negate the deletion process.

DeletedUser

I think the point they were trying to make is, most people check there email regularly but sometimes take a break from TW. 5 days is not that long as we all know for people to go without logging in, but they could have been still checking there email daily so perhaps they would notice the delete mail. Thats just what i take from it all

DeletedUser

This is suspicious as hell!!! First, I post publicly that D*D has had a string of accounts hacked and deleted, which includes two active players, and then immediately afterward, someone goes around to various TW worlds with some not so serious attempts to force accts. It looks to me like a lame ploy to take attention off of a Cultist as a suspect. To my knowledge, no accounts are being deleted in all of TW except in W3 and only in D*D Family. And for your information, on a few of the accts that went barb, we are not entirely sure whether the player deleted or not, but one who spoke no english was extremely active so it's highly unlikely he would suddenly delete. And on others, we are 100% sure they were hacked. To give you an idea of a few of these, one acct was recovered by the original owner whom I have on msn and his acct has since been given to a new player. LeeSupport is another and no, he didn't delete his own acct as you Cultists claim, that's just a ridiculous thing to say. 16valves was only played by two players whom we have ongoing contact with and it was neither of them logging in. The most recent deletion was yet another active player, a female who is well connected with many friends in our tribe. This is just a despicably low way to fight a war Cult, and you have mud all over your faces for not denouncing these cowardly actions, you are being complicit It's nothing but a petty thief acting here. How you can stand behind that person is beyond me. People have invested a lot of money and years of their lives into the game and someone has stolen that from them and from our tribe. This level of immaturity disgusts me. And further more, you Cultists have lost all perspective and completely poisoned the game.

DeletedUser66513

This is suspicious as hell!!! First, I post publicly that D*D has had a string of accounts hacked and deleted, which includes two active players, and then immediately afterward, someone goes around to various TW worlds with some not so serious attempts to force accts. It looks to me like a lame ploy to take attention off of a Cultist as a suspect. To my knowledge, no accounts are being deleted in all of TW except in W3 and only in D*D Family. And for your information, on a few of the accts that went barb, we are not entirely sure whether the player deleted or not, but one who spoke no english was extremely active so it's highly unlikely he would suddenly delete. And on others, we are 100% sure they were hacked. To give you an idea of a few of these, one acct was recovered by the original owner whom I have on msn and his acct has since been given to a new player. LeeSupport is another and no, he didn't delete his own acct as you Cultists claim, that's just a ridiculous thing to say. 16valves was only played by two players whom we have ongoing contact with and it was neither of them logging in. The most recent deletion was yet another active player, a female who is well connected with many friends in our tribe. This is just a despicably low way to fight a war Cult, and you have mud all over your faces for not denouncing these cowardly actions, you are being complicit It's nothing but a petty thief acting here. How you can stand behind that person is beyond me. People have invested a lot of money and years of their lives into the game and someone has stolen that from them and from our tribe. This level of immaturity disgusts me. And further more, you Cultists have lost all perspective and completely poisoned the game.

You never know, it could be OT :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Caroline . .get a life please!

This conspiracy theory is SO old hat now! It is NOT about Cultist, or OT or people in DD but a common regard for a simple rule to be changed.

Try to keep you head for once and let this thread be what it is meant to be, a discussion to get a simple technique changed in TW's for deleting.

DeletedUser

I was respecting you in the past but these is enough what crap are you talking here. I am a part of cult and you are saying some serious allegations without any evidence.
So you think all in cult are making these failed logging attempts up just to cover some hacker in cult these is so lame.
I was always for fair play and would never be part of a tribe that would cheat. So don't say think like that before you don't have and evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser66513

I was respecting you in the past but these is enough what crap are you talking here. I am a part of cult and you are saying some serious allegations without any evidence.
So you think all in cult are making these failed logging attempts up just to cover some hacker in cult these is so lame.
I was always for fair play and would never be part of a tribe that would cheat. So don't say think like that before you don't have and evidence.

You are right we have no evidence to pinpoint a specific Cult player . . .

However I have friends on many different worlds . . . W3 is the only world on which I have heard these hackings have taken place. Plus multiple D*D accounts have been hacked, whereas absolutely no other account from any other tribe on W3 has been hacked.

So whoever is behind these hackings would seem to have Cult/OT's best interests at heart, whether they are currently in W3 or not, as we are the only tribe they are seriously targeting.

No one suggested you knew who they were. However given who the targets have been it seems pretty obvious that you should at least be able to acknowledge that out of all the tribes on every single world, it is Cult who have benefited the most from this.

A lot has been made of the recent stats of Cult against D*D, which have admittedly been worse than usual.

But with D*D accounts being deleted without warning, or knowledge of their owners, is it any wonder that the stats are getting worse?

Whether or not this is a Cult player responsible, and whether the remainder of Cult has any knowledge of these actions, you should at least be openly condemning what has been happening on this world.

DeletedUser

Gees - and angeldream said I was biased and I had a "mediocre brain". But this post is just sublime!

Guys and gals - GET A MOD TO MAKE A COMMENT!!! A game mod - not a forum mod. Until I hear from an actual game mod on what is going on I will not believe that this is anything but pathetic propaganda. The game mods will have records and logins to back up any wrongdoing. Make someone come forward with proof before you all continue to look like fools.

Until I hear from someone who has actual records of wrongdoing, I will comment on this thread no more. I hope - no I pray - that no one in Cult/OT/Tuga is behind this. If I am presented with solid evidence that this is true, you will believe that I will not stop until that person is out of W3.

But this finger pointing and conjecture is just pathetic on both sides. Until anyone has any shred of proof, I will continue to believe that every account in W3 has died of self-deletion or inactivity. If someone - anyone - brings us proof otherwise, my ears are wide open.

DeletedUser

I'm not too sure really. How quick cult jumped to defend themselves when no-one accused them of anything is rather suspicious, and the fact that Cult has been caught hacking D*D accounts in the past - put two and two together, I can see exactly why Kahn came to those conclusions. Though I do agree somewhat with you guys, with no real proof, we're just spitting on each other and ruining another perfectly good discussion topic.

With the recent failed login attempts that does seem to be random for this world (this world only is it? I think someone said that somewhere), does make it seem like someone in World 3 is pulling the strings here. Not that I think Cult, nor OT nor ourselves are doing it. Wanting to cheat this stage in the game is well and truly pathetic, regardless of whose side it is. I wouldn't like to think of anyone I know on this world would do such a thing. As far as gaining proof though, from what I recall it's extremely hard to get game mods to give information regarding IPs and such, either them not wanting to do it, not knowing how, or due to privacy and other customer security stuff.

But lets try and keep this on topic anyway, as I'd also like to see an improved deletion system. I like the idea of having the need to have email activation required for every changes you make, including the "changing email" function. Sure it'll be slightly annoying, but when players have spent years on accounts, and lots of money just to have their account disappear because they had a 4-5 day break (which I'm sure we've all had sometimes without setting a sitter) is most definitely worth the extra hassle on our part. Also another thing could do, is have some sort of bot protection at the initial sign in process, that should stop these type of hacks breaking into the account in the first place no? Considering it's clearly not manual attempts with how many times it is being done in such close succession on several world 3 accounts.

DeletedUser5883

As far as gaining proof though, from what I recall it's extremely hard to get game mods to give information regarding IPs and such, either them not wanting to do it, not knowing how, or due to privacy and other customer security stuff.

Nobody is asking for the actual IP addresses; all that's needed is for a game mod to confirm that the delete button was pushed from the account's regular IP address (or one of the regular addresses) or from a completely different IP address. It still won't confirm that it's the player themselves who chose to delete; it's entirely possible that another member of the household did so - which is possible if you've got your home PC set up to auto-fill the log-in fields - and that person resented the amount of time being wasted on TW.

But lets try and keep this on topic anyway, as I'd also like to see an improved deletion system. I like the idea of having the need to have email activation required for every changes you make, including the "changing email" function. Sure it'll be slightly annoying, but when players have spent years on accounts, and lots of money just to have their account disappear because they had a 4-5 day break (which I'm sure we've all had sometimes without setting a sitter) is most definitely worth the extra hassle on our part. Also another thing could do, is have some sort of bot protection at the initial sign in process, that should stop these type of hacks breaking into the account in the first place no? Considering it's clearly not manual attempts with how many times it is being done in such close succession on several world 3 accounts.

Agreed. Having improved email confirmation would be useful (although how this would work if a player no longer has access to their original email address would be a problem - and it can be the case that an email account is deleted without warning or recovery).

To keep propoganda out of this, I propose the topic should be moved to 'Suggestions and Discussion'.

Phylo

I totally agree with Pogues 1st proposal. A confirmation mail before deletion. Anyone that would push the delete button already knew that need to confirm it by mail.

And, people, end up with the mutual accusations. I also have my share of failed loggins and I simply don't believe that neither Cult, OT or even DD would do it. Besides, for what I ear, it is not only w3...

DeletedUser

..just as a point of interest .i play on two other worlds, and have had, like others in those worlds ..increased attacks on my password in failed loggins.

that isnt just new to w3.

But As AP suggest, nothing can be done about anything unless the game mods pick it up and look at it .. and the only way to do that is to get them to look into it .. and the only way to do that, is for people who wish a change in the system, to ticket them and ask for an enquirey.

DeletedUser

Agreed. Having improved email confirmation would be useful (although how this would work if a player no longer has access to their original email address would be a problem - and it can be the case that an email account is deleted without warning or recovery).

Then perhaps security questions could be set up for occasions such as this, and quite a few of them to make it far stronger then a regular password access to change emails.

DeletedUser

Security questions, the worst idea ever in my opinion. I mean, a password could be anything, so they decide the best way to protect it is have a back up way of getting on with questions that can be phished or known if it is someone you trust. Plus, having to fill out forms with all the security question rubbish is most irritating, I'd rather risk being hacked frankly.

DeletedUser

Security questions, the worst idea ever in my opinion. I mean, a password could be anything, so they decide the best way to protect it is have a back up way of getting on with questions that can be phished or known if it is someone you trust. Plus, having to fill out forms with all the security question rubbish is most irritating, I'd rather risk being hacked frankly.

Good point, that was the only thing that came to mind at the time. Any other suggestions at all?

DeletedUser7126

I have thought about this for awhile now and I actually have told a couple of people my thoughts on it, even Kreger. IF this is due to people getting hacked then it is plain to see that it is someone in favor of Cult/OT, not nescessarily a Cult/OT player. It even could be an ex D*D player that has it in for us. Who knows? The mods know, thats who. Why the hell they wont show us proof of something is bull****!! If they have shown the owner the proof and the owner wont show us then thats even a bigger pile of bull****!!

My personal opinion is that even if a hacker hit delete you still have 5 days to recover the account. 5 DAYS!!! Barring accidents, who doesnt log in for 5 freaking days?

I gaurentee that I would know if someone hacked my account and hit delete in a 5 day period.

It does suck that it has happened to D*D and us only!! Come on Mods, where are you guys on this? Account owners, care to weigh in with answers from mods and show us their response?

I can see why Kahn is so upset because whoever is doing it, it clearly makes Cult/OT look guilty even if they arent. I personally dont think that its a current Cult/OT player but that is just my 2 cents.

Both sides can argue until the game blows up as far as I am concerned but I want to see answered support tickets from these accounts. That will put a stop to everything.

If its the games fault then they should "rewind" the game and restore the account or I have bought my last premium point and made my last login.

Bigfeet15

This for the record ....hackings have been happening on many worlds.. w4/w19 and many others. however w3 is the only one with this many "deletions" from it.. The idea i agree with and support to make it harder to delete an account. an bickering or claiming that D*D suffered from this. i smell bs. that is my opinion.

big poppa

My personal opinion is that even if a hacker hit delete you still have 5 days to recover the account. 5 DAYS!!! Barring accidents, who doesnt log in for 5 freaking days?

I gaurentee that I would know if someone hacked my account and hit delete in a 5 day period.

EXACTLY... If you haven't tried to log in in 5 days, are you really that freaking upset.

Its a game people, so let act mature and not stand here and point fingers. Pogues has a great idea, which is easily done by TW with little extra work involved. TW make it happen