The Deck Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't know who approached you for a merge, but we're definitely not aware of that, DH. Minus 2s2c, and some posts of Dan that could be misinterpreted as he was using sarcasm, I haven't seen a post from MoM member's that claim we're invicible. I, like Morthy, may have clearly missed it; but I don't remember us bragging. We made it through the gangbang by the mercy of W2V, no doubt about that. A lot of that was down to Carlini as a respected player. Jake and Saun and our other trolls went on and on about how we survived the gangbang and bragged about it, but I don't think we initiated any of that other than 2s. We survived, but barely and by great fortune. Also, as to our lack of recruitment, it was partly down to us honoring our nap restrictions of a member cap and partly down to leadership inertia. I don't know who told you that we were waiting for T to come to us, this simply isn't true.

Edit; and if you could look at the MoM forums for the past few months, we're under no illusion that we're going to win. We had hoped that MM may fight W2V with us, but we knew that this was non-existent idea. Can't blame us for hoping there; I do still wan to see MM and W2V fight; post MoM.

I think what you miss is that when we were granted the NAP, we realised that we were as good as dead in the world; and those who have spoken up so far have decided that they want to follow the MoM banner, to the end, knowing full well where it leads. I hope I'm correct in saying this, because it's the feeling I've got from our forums; we're no longer in it to win it - we just want to fight our last war together. If it wasn't for W2V giving us an NAP, we would have been dead 6 months ago. To quote Our council forums, we want to finish our time together.

The ones who have spoken up are under no illusions of grandeur. We've accepted our fate. A few might get recruited, but I doubt it will be anymore than 1 or two, at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You might have done more to coopt, though. Example 1: Sempronius had an offer on the table where he would take members of [T], wait until May 14th then move them all to MoM. Baron in part screwed that up by disbanding before Semp was ready (and then Semp hit delete), but the idea was there and I am unsure that you could not have convinced NWG to take over exactly that, considering NWG was initially against a disbanding.
Example 2: FBTB and group had applied to MoM too, then turned to W2V because they felt they were getting a very cool reception at MoM.

@Sypherr; I am trying to prevent a HYPER. W24 ended with much crap in the tribe because most of the good players had already quit by then, the trash was 'needed' to clean up when everyone else went away due to boredom. Should they have been put to the sword? Definitely. In w24 this was unfeasible ('too little, too late'), in w56 it is not. I still stand by my commitment to cull players that are not worthy.
Are FBTB and co not worthy at present? Tough to say. We dug up as much as we could, and considered them positively at the end of the balance sheet. Again, if they do not pull through in the coming months, that just means they will be tossed out later. We have been wrong about recruitment before, but not at all often. We correct our mistakes, but right now do not believe it to be a mistake.

DeletedUser

I think Ben addressed your post on the previous page though Rukoh; we wanted to end together, without bringing anyone else to the 'slaughter', so to speak. We wanted to finish as much as possible as the team/family that has emerged since the gangbang. But as to why we didn't take those offers, beyond these reasons, I can't speak for Carl and Willy.

Apologies, it was actually Morthy that adressed this point- edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Aye, that is fair enough. But in that case it is a conscious choice to die alone, which (in my opinion) makes it difficult to a) criticise us for ending early (when you're not working to prevent it) and b) criticise us for recruitment (no miracle you don't want them, since you have that special death-pact-thing going).

DeletedUser

Tbh, I haven't seen much criticism about you ending early, minus a comment or two. We're upset that the fight is so uneven, as we want to have our fight, but don't want it to be over too quickly/make it too easy for anyone.

As for your recruitment, maybe we, like MM, want to feel like that deserving players win the world. To us, your current recruitment just seems to be to add to your numbers to finish the world quicker, stacking odds that were already stacked in your favour. I hope you get what am I'm getting at here; if you didn't recruit the players who you previously showed discontent for; we'd get that slightly longer fight that we're hoping for and we'd get to go out against deserving winners.

DeletedUser

You'd have lasted longer if you recruited. :icon_wink:

You were always going up against the alliance. As I know that both our tribes are hauling along a bunch of permsits and an unworthy here and there, MoM going out against 'the final team' was never an option.

sypherr

tbh thats a pretty good honest reply, i expected you coming to ftb's defense but i must admit it's a funny situation though, because these players who do nothing in the first weeks of the war which are crucial, and i know i made numerous requests for ftb to join in with me but just got the fence attitude, i know the old council thought he was a spy due to little participation, to which i defended him then when asked him to repeatedly join in attacks with me got denied for various pathetic reasons.

He's a snake that one, bulbrig was real life related at start but he sent his defense out to numerous accounts, ftb was a waste of villages for tarot, does not surprise me to find out he rallied near by accounts to him and applied to the remaining world powers is application by himself would of been poor. His cold shoulder routine was for your benifit which makes more sense to me, he just wanted into the tribe that would survive.

Cold shoulder mom lol, i would of give him the cold shoulder and a boot up the ass! thumbs up to mom.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What good would it do to recruit people to our death? Any new recruit is more likely to turn and give you information/sabotage from the inside out; and we are just as susceptible to both as any other tribe. New recruits, at this stage would just be potential meatshields, unfortunately.

And Beezl, I'll delete some soon :)

DeletedUser

Gregoun, it's not my style to post private mails and names on public forums but if you would like to know more, feel free to catch me ingame. I'll catch you up a little :)

DeletedUser

My uni network seems to have major issues with skype at the moment. Sorry for my off topic btw guys.

Edit - DH, catch me up on what? :) I'd be glad to be caught up, not sure what you're referring to :)

DeletedUser

There really is no problem in W2V inviting T members. As victors, they picked some of the spoils. Not everyone fitted though, so they still got the chance of getting in through the academy. Nothing new to see here.

DeletedUser

As for your recruitment, maybe we, like MM, want to feel like that deserving players win the world.

Sorry Greg, but who are you to say you are deserving player??? How many tribes did you change just to stay alive??? Before judjing others look at yourself!

DeletedUser84667

Sorry Greg, but who are you to say you are deserving player??? How many tribes did you change just to stay alive??? Before judjing others look at yourself!

You have a problem with tribe hoppers eh? Greg has three major tribe changes. Tutti was his own and died in war, he then joined S-D where he basically single handedly held the tribe with a few other accounts after everybody left him to stay in the wars his tribe started. He stayed in this perpetual state of war where he was constantly bombarded for weeks when he could have if he wanted to join OHYEAH or even Haul!. When Greg finally left to join MoM, his incomings were gone and the tribes that did attack him where no longer on him. You can't run, if you aren't being chased. Now here is Greg, ready to go down with the ship that is MoM.

In fact, if you actually look at the roster of MoM, you will find nobody who has tribe hopped like crazy just to save their skin. If you do, you are unaware of their situation.

The same cannot be said for -MM- and W2Vs most recent recruits, who ran at the first chance they got to "safety". Check your own boat before you think of looking at somebody else's.

DeletedUser

You have a problem with tribe hoppers eh? Greg has three major tribe changes. Tutti was his own and died in war, he then joined S-D where he basically single handedly held the tribe with a few other accounts after everybody left him to stay in the wars his tribe started. He stayed in this perpetual state of war where he was constantly bombarded for weeks when he could have if he wanted to join OHYEAH or even Haul!. When Greg finally left to join MoM, his incomings were gone and the tribes that did attack him where no longer on him. You can't run, if you aren't being chased. Now here is Greg, ready to go down with the ship that is MoM.

In fact, if you actually look at the roster of MoM, you will find nobody who has tribe hopped like crazy just to save their skin. If you do, you are unaware of their situation.

The same cannot be said for -MM- and W2Vs most recent recruits, who ran at the first chance they got to "safety". Check your own boat before you think of looking at somebody else's.

I judge from my own point not from the tribes point. All I was pointing is the fact that I would love to hear the explanation behind him being the deserving player to reach the end of the world.

DeletedUser

if you are relating to ex [T] players hopping to safety you are sadly mistaken. from looking at that map if we were to fight MoM then we have a fight on our hands because MoM is all around me, so not exactly to safety is it ;)

DeletedUser656

I judge from my own point not from the tribes point. All I was pointing is the fact that I would love to hear the explanation behind him being the deserving player to reach the end of the world.

Playing along here:

Not the deserving player, a deserving player. He's dedicated to his tribe, defends well, supports his tribe mates, and his OD is significantly higher than the majority of players in this world, likely including yourself. Unlike most players, he carried on fighting after losing many villages (going on to recap a few) instead of quitting and giving up due to "RL".

No longer playing along:

I find the concept of a player deserving to reach the end of the world a little silly. This is Tribal Wars, a team game. A tribe wins, not 'deserving players'. The winning tribe is likely to include some shitty players. The losing tribe is likely to include some excellent players that will ultimately be rimmed because their tribe lost. It's just how the game works.

Sadly, towards the end of the game winning tribes usually recruit large players that are known to be fairly good because beating them would take too long (*cough* bigjay). Despite these players being in the losing tribe multiple times.

DeletedUser84667

if you are relating to ex [T] players hopping to safety you are sadly mistaken. from looking at that map if we were to fight MoM then we have a fight on our hands because MoM is all around me, so not exactly to safety is it ;)

Wait... did you just attempt to say you are in for more of a fight attacking MoM with W2V than attacking W2V with MoM? You are the Infernalz player if I am correct, you are nowhere near surrounded by anybody. If you want to see surrounded, just look at my account for an example.

DeletedUser

Wait... did you just attempt to say you are in for more of a fight attacking MoM with W2V than attacking W2V with MoM? You are the Infernalz player if I am correct, you are nowhere near surrounded by anybody. If you want to see surrounded, just look at my account for an example.

i didnt say surrounded i said all around ;)
yeh why not you never know what happens in a world W2V could lose some players blah blah meaning MM could be the dominant power

Status
Not open for further replies.