The Design Lounge

DeletedUser

yeah, when I finished it, I was happy, but I didn't really know where the main light source was- I was just hoping no one else would notice XD

nindel

Haha, I like where your work is going though :p

For that latest signature, the render might be a bit too far to the left, but it's a good improvement :3

Arghh, found an awesome tutorial on DA which I'd like to try out... only problem is that it's in Spanish! T_T

[spoil]
hsien_ko_shinee_tutorial_by_gabiito13-d3bgpv2.png
[/spoil]
Love the style though, wish there was an english version of this tut xD

DeletedUser

Uhm, thb I think the outcome is not really good :p
Matter of personal preference I guess.. don't like the comp and some colors.. + text.

Anyway, you should go to the planetrenders.net/forums and make an account and watch the free tutorial fora, there are lots of really good tutorials over there.

DeletedUser

You can make out what the words are saying enough to follow the tutorial...

If you get stuck on a part I could try to figure out what he's done though.

I think the colours are quite nice, the comp could do with some work, and the text looks quite bad.

DeletedUser

Does every have that 'special' thing that they add to their sigs, like their own signature thing when making a signature?

(Do ya understand me? =] )

DeletedUser

I don't really..
Well all my tags look pro so you know they're mine haha :3
Jk

DeletedUser

Do you mean like a copyright logo Dwarf? I don't normally unless they are going on deviantart

nindel

Urmmm, do you mean a watermark? :s

/darn, tWillow beat me...! I think >.>

DeletedUser

Beat you by a minute nindel :p

But yes, I would have thought that you mean a watermark/personal copyright logo

mattoematt

I saw that but quickly: do you have to plug it in or has it got its own screen?

DeletedUser

You want a graphics tablet with an inbuilt screen ... to be cheap ..... good luck mate :D

mattoematt

Do you not get annoyed without being able to see what you're doing properly?

DeletedUser

Nah guys, I meant like once you have done a sig, you might do a new+apply image, radial blur, desaturate, screen, lower opacity and erase focal? Just some typical things (just made one up there ) =]]

DeletedUser

Depends on the signature, sometimes I will look at the piece and notice it needs some more contrast, i then apply the image and burn/dodge. Other times I will notice the colours are a bit ott, and desaturate some with the sponge. Just depends on the sig really. I would recomend always experiementing with adjustment layers when your done, they can really make a piece look more complete in some cases.