The Design Lounge

DeletedUser

More need than your above post :L

Which would then have more need than this post, so I'm gonna do a little on topic.

I like it too syntax.

DeletedUser

There's just no need to be rude like that ....
My post was needed because you stepped out of line, there's just no need to be rude to the guy for no reason.
It's christmas, don't be an idiot.

DeletedUser

The orange box with text in it is for Orange the mobile company.
Second one could be staples the stationary company ? But I'm not sure about that one.

DeletedUser

Replying to Syntex's comment asking what two of the brands were ?

DeletedUser

Well thanks for all the replies on my last post guys, greatly appreciated ;)
Moving on, I was looking at something and I wanted to share it with you guys.

Most of you will be aware of the Helvetica font, but do you realise how many times you see it in any given day ? For example here are some logo's that use the Helvetica font ( for some reason the creator of the image replaced the brand names with "Helvetica", but I can confirm all of the actual logos use helvetica )

[THIS IS A BIG IMAGE]
[SPOIL]
helvetica-fake-logos.png
[/SPOIL]

It just amazes me how many times you probably see it each day without thinking about it.
I hope you find it as interesting as I did :D Or maybe it's just cause I'm obsessed with logos

Is there a reason behind this? Such as easier to read or something? Or are the designers to lazy to download new fonts :icon_razz:.

DeletedUser

No particular reason. It is a great bold fond so gets the brand name across while still looking nice.
But it's most likely just a habit to use it really. As there are many fonts that are super similar.

King Sean04

Here is where the design shops are (not sure if there are any open though so you'll have to make a request if you want a sig or anything). This thread is just a place to talk about graphics.