The End of JEDI

DeletedUser121247

With JEDI falling and their death imminent, I thought I’d talk a bit about what went wrong.

1) Diplomacy-
In my opinion this is the main reason why JEDI failed. They handled their diplomacy horribly. The best example of this is the ending of Tri-Force. JEDI betrayed TIP (now Vape) supposedly because TIP refused to help in a war when our closest members were 40 hours away from the war and when we had minimal full nukes. Pretty much everyone can see this is not the reason and the reason instead was to recruit our 3 biggest members. Those members ended up going to Obey meaning Jedi turned a crucial ally into an enemy and didn’t even gain any new members from it. On top of that, JEDI got exposed in the externals for being backstabbers which signalled to other tribes that JEDI were not be trusted. Micki’s everyday treatment of people from other tribes just didn’t make sense to me. He’d often start pointless arguments and go out of his way to find conflict. Although he’s gone into hiding now he’s been put in his place, you’d often see Micki arguing with everyone and anyone that dared to question the lies he was spewing on the externals every day. He just treated people like dirt for no reason which left Jedi with nobody who could help them (apart from Legion). It got to the point where he was impossible to deal with and he ended up burning every bridge he had and every major tribe wanted Jedi taken out, which made survival impossible for them. Ask pretty much any duke and I’m sure they have example of Micki starting pointless arguments for no reason. Thankfully Brian was the one doing most the talking with Micki, so I didn’t have to. But once Micki had started so many arguments with Brian that Brian cut off communication with Micki, he soon came to me. Here’s Micki calling us petty for trying to recruit a couple of Jedi players, without a hint of irony considering he tried to betray us and recruit our whole tribe.
2MCi7dkET0qz--FlL2GhUw.jpg

What follows that message is pointless conflict, and whenever I tried to end the conversation, Micki would message me again with more useless bragging/insults. Towards the end, most Legion members didn’t even want to help Jedi anymore.

2) Treatment of members-
I’ve been shown probably about 40 screenshots of Micki treating his members like dirt, but they’re lost in an endless sea of Skype messages, and I can’t be bothered to find them all. Thankfully though, Jedi’s discord link has been made public, and I had to scroll up for about 10 seconds before finding Micki arguing with one of his biggest members.
YZd3wEHDSi2sB30GNfY9xA.jpg

From what I heard, arguments in the main discord chat became a common occurrence, and members would often find themselves in an argument with Micki for no reason. All this does is make your members lose respect for you, and obviously they won’t fight until the end for you if they don’t respect you. This is why as soon as WET started taking Jedi villages, members began hopping. We’ve personally had loads of Jedi members trying to join, and no doubt Wet and other tribes have had the same. This type of leadership only works when things are going well. Most members can tolerate a jerk duke if it means they’ll maintain their place in a strong tribe, but the minute a better alternative becomes available, they’ll switch.

3) Recruitment strategy-
Jedi very much had a chop and change style of recruitment. They’d recruit someone, and kick them if they discovered that the player wasn’t good enough, instead of doing the necessary checks beforehand. It’s a good way to grow quickly, but with over 200 tribal changes in just their main tribe alone, it becomes difficult to coordinate when there’s never any consistency with the membership. Members become reluctant to send thousands of troops to players that they’ve never spoken to and will most likely be out of the tribe in a few days. The result of Jedi’s recruitment strategy was a load of individuals, not a team.

4) Spies- Another consequence of Jedi’s recruitment strategy is unloyal members. We had several spies in Jedi and were able to feed critical op plans to WET. We had contacts who were telling us the VAPE and WET villages that had been claimed, and were able to stack those villages beforehand. Jedi lost the element of surprise and WET pretty much had a 1-2 day head start to prepare for any major attacks.

In conclusion, nearly every reason for Jedi’s failure boils down to Micki’s treatment of people, whether it be his own members or important players from big tribes. If Micki wasn’t so unlikable, and treated people better, Jedi would still be going.

PS- Just wanted to say hi to the people that criticised mine and Brian’s leadership. Would be interesting to see how many of you could recover your tribe from the position that our tribe were put in ;)

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I've been following all the drama on the frontrow as one of the VAPE leaders, and I must say, some people are taking it too far. Yes, micki did some sneaky and underhanded things to get an advantage by using his own tribemembers and he caused a lot of the problems himself, and JEDI DID collapse due to this, but a lot of what Im seeing now in the JEDI discord and in general is borderline bullying and taking it way too personal. JEDI fell, let's keep it at that. No need to take it to another world and ruin his experience there either. This is still only a game, I know some of you get off on ruining the experience for others but I'm getting pretty sick of all the drama

DeletedUser121247

^Was literally just about to write this. I've spoken to him and some of the stuff that people have said about him is disgusting. Keep it TW related.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I've been following all the drama on the frontrow as one of the VAPE leaders, and I must say, some people are taking it too far. Yes, micki did some sneaky and underhanded things to get an advantage by using his own tribemembers and he caused a lot of the problems himself, and JEDI DID collapse due to this, but a lot of what Im seeing now in the JEDI discord and in general is borderline bullying and taking it way too personal. JEDI fell, let's keep it at that. No need to take it to another world and ruin his experience there either. This is still only a game, I know some of you get off on ruining the experience for others but I'm getting pretty sick of all the drama

I believe some of the former JEDI members have seen Micki doing the same bullying though. Which of course doesn't justify theirs, but Micki was in a position of power, and due to that will probably face more repercussions... Similar to real life in a way.

DeletedUser121307

fact since when? im looking forward to fighting obey. money does not mean victory ;)

DeletedUser44039

glad Jedi is gone, i used to play there for PP farming, quit this world because of Micky and his big mouth, bad leader overall, couldnt handle internal stuff, mass recruited everything he could, plus having some really bad members who did mixed villages + spies lol

Last edited: