The End of World 4

greenmonsta

When every one except yourself recognizes these facts, they actually have to be considered common sense. I don't think highque is in the business of trying to teach you common sense at this point, but alas, he may be inclined to try to entertain us :)

I'm sorry, call me stupid, but I see no facts in his statement.

TW back in early W4 was made for playing with only a few villages. Most of the improvements made to the game, have been on removing the repetitive work. Your suggestion with "local academies" makes you sound like one of those people who just don't like change at all. Clearly not a fact I think most of us appreciate the fact that you don't have to make 5000 market transfers to build a noble or click "next village, store resources" 8000 times every second day. assumption, though probably true, granted If you take a minute to think about, what it would actually be like to play TW with just 1000 villages as the game was back in 2005, you will probably see that most people with even a modest IQ would find something else to play. HUGE assumption I don't think you have to be a "kid of today" to appreciate the improvements made to the game, maybe just young enough to actually be able to adapt and learn some new tricks once in a while :) Clearly implying that either I haven't played TW since W4, or that I don't know how to. Again, assumption.

Correct me if I'm wrong there.

I think everyone here has misunderstood, either intentionally for an excuse to flame or perhaps just unable to comprehend simple posts.
What I'm saying is that I would like a world with settings from W4, it's something I would enjoy playing, not something I refuse to play without. If I say I would like chocolate ice cream, it doesn't mean that I'll only ever eat chocolate ice cream, does it?

While it's been amusing that you LIFE players will look for any excuse to try and flame me, it's getting a tad old these days. It's been going on for 4 years now. But then I guess when you're stuck playing the same world for so long, you find it hard to move on...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Obviously I don't speak for highque, but I think he meant generally all the facts we've ever posted in your direction for the last few years, not just that one single post. I could be wrong, though.

I think everyone here has misunderstood, either intentionally for an excuse to flame or perhaps just unable to comprehend simple posts.
Yes, we actually had a special meeting last night to get all our posts straight so we could continue to intentionally make it look like only YOU aren't getting it...
What I'm saying is that I would like a world with settings from W4, it's something I would enjoy playing, not something I refuse to play without. If I say I would like chocolate ice cream, it doesn't mean that I'll only ever eat chocolate ice cream, does it?
Don't they still start new worlds with similar settings to world 4? I know they did several times; why aren't you still playing those?

While it's been amusing that you LIFE players will look for any excuse to try and flame me, it's getting a tad old these days. It's been going on for 4 years now.

I don't find it amusing at all. Quit returning if you feel we berate you all the time. I honestly would prefer if you never, ever posted here again. I've felt that way since you quit the world, at the very least. I feel I have made my opinion on that clear for years now.

greenmonsta

Obviously I don't speak for highque, but I think he meant generally all the facts we've ever posted in your direction for the last few years, not just that one single post. I could be wrong, though.

Yes, we actually had a special meeting last night to get all our posts straight so we could continue to intentionally make it look like only YOU aren't getting it...
Don't they still start new worlds with similar settings to world 4? I know they did several times; why aren't you still playing those?

I don't find it amusing at all. Quit returning if you feel we berate you all the time. I honestly would prefer if you never, ever posted here again. I've felt that way since you quit the world, at the very least. I feel I have made my opinion on that clear for years now.

I could say the same about all the 'facts' you ever posted. All made up 'facts'. At least Jinzee knew she was making stuff up and generally trolling.....
And I know what you would prefer. I would prefer people didn't cheat when playing TW, but we can't all get what we want now, can we?
And yes, they have started worlds similar to W4, and yes, I have played them. But the whole point of posting about missing the early days of W4 is nostalgia. It's like saying 'I wish they made cars the way they used to'. It's clearly never going to happen with all the new regulations, doesn't mean you can't miss it.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being pedantic just for the sole purpose of acting ignorant, or if you really don't understand what people are saying. One comment and it has to be explained in explicit detail with examples just for you, next time I might add pictures. I think your handlers should take away your iPad

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I may be misunderstanding this, but are you saying that on package worlds you can only train up to 3 nobles in 1 village?
I believe so, if my memory doesn't failed me in package world. If your village A noble 1 village, it can only produce max another 2 nobles. I remember level 3 acad is almost 100k each resources and u still need resources for a noble. And if the noble die, you need to pay a full resources noble... but I know it change to if your noble die, you can resurrect very cheaply after sometime upgrades of TW version.
I remember clearly I always tend to use up the last level 3 academies..

People used to get multiaccounts or convince inactive players to stash a bunch of packets in one village, then let the more active player noble it and acquire all the packets that were stored in that village. This is one of the ways some of the early top players vaulted ahead of the competition quickly.

I know there maybe some people doing this, but I don't.

but I believe that's only for the first month or two of the world. After that, you'll be nobling other players' villages that already have their academies built and upgraded.

Partially true. Because sometimes u noble a village 8-10 hrs away,.. and that village only 1 acad level or even no acad or low smithly.. some at the enemies zone are your PAs etc... . you need to launch long range to get another village swiftly... Not to mention if you get another village Ksz away that is many days.. if u wanna strike fast, u still need many nobles long distance travel. That's the reason why I'm able to noble so fast as compare to the rest, I pit nobling against world 2 #1 which is a few months earlier than world 4 as I wanna break the TW record, and I did on par on the number of villages with world 2 #1... before i retire.... Now u guys know what I'm chasing for :) ... I did many planning before i noble.... this is seldom the case in coin system now..

Nevertheless, nobling in package world defintaely requires more planning and skills then coin system. No matter what, its a long game, I saluate to those people in Life they did have the stamina as I believe they will since they started last....

No matter what, let's give credit to those leave behind some impression whether its good or bad. Maybe those here we can all goes to another new world to be on the same side now :)

DeletedUser

I could say the same about all the 'facts' you ever posted. All made up 'facts'. At least Jinzee knew she was making stuff up and generally trolling.....
And I know what you would prefer. I would prefer people didn't cheat when playing TW, but we can't all get what we want now, can we?
And yes, they have started worlds similar to W4, and yes, I have played them. But the whole point of posting about missing the early days of W4 is nostalgia. It's like saying 'I wish they made cars the way they used to'. It's clearly never going to happen with all the new regulations, doesn't mean you can't miss it.

Sometimes I can't tell if you're being pedantic just for the sole purpose of acting ignorant, or if you really don't understand what people are saying. One comment and it has to be explained in explicit detail with examples just for you, next time I might add pictures. I think your handlers should take away your iPad

Uhhhhh... you're talking to yourself, right??? This is EXACTLY what everyone has been telling YOU for years.

I may be misunderstanding this, but are you saying that on package worlds you can only train up to 3 nobles in 1 village?
I believe so, if my memory doesn't failed me in package world. If your village A noble 1 village, it can only produce max another 2 nobles. I remember level 3 acad is almost 100k each resources and u still need resources for a noble. And if the noble die, you need to pay a full resources noble... but I know it change to if your noble die, you can resurrect very cheaply after sometime upgrades of TW version.
I remember clearly I always tend to use up the last level 3 academies..
Nah, only farm space limits the number of nobles you can make in a village, as long as your global total academy levels exceeds your total villages. A paste from my account right now:

Number of noblemen that can be educated
Number of academies: 8281
-minus Existing noblemen 123
-minus Noblemen in education: 0
-minus Number of conquered villages: 6418
equals: You can still educate: 1740 nobles

In one of my K24 villages I have 24 nobles. I'll use those to snap up the ismaild05 villages surrounding it.

but I believe that's only for the first month or two of the world. After that, you'll be nobling other players' villages that already have their academies built and upgraded.
Partially true. Because sometimes u noble a village 8-10 hrs away,.. and that village only 1 acad level or even no acad or low smithly.. some at the enemies zone are your PAs etc... . you need to launch long range to get another village swiftly... Not to mention if you get another village Ksz away that is many days.. if u wanna strike fast, u still need many nobles long distance travel. That's the reason why I'm able to noble so fast as compare to the rest, I pit nobling against world 2 #1 which is a few months earlier than world 4 as I wanna break the TW record, and I did on par on the number of villages with world 2 #1... before i retire.... Now u guys know what I'm chasing for :) ... I did many planning before i noble.... this is seldom the case in coin system now..

Nevertheless, nobling in package world defintaely requires more planning and skills then coin system. No matter what, its a long game, I saluate to those people in Life they did have the stamina as I believe they will since they started last....

No matter what, let's give credit to those leave behind some impression whether its good or bad. Maybe those here we can all goes to another new world to be on the same side now :)
I'll just take your word for it... I played a coin world for a few months on the beta server and it seemed pretty similar to me but I never crunched the numbers to make sure of that. After so long playing in a package world I'm just used to its foibles.

DeletedUser

"I think most of us appreciate the fact that you don't have to make 5000 market transfers to build a noble or click "next village, store resources" 8000 times every second day."
You can think what you want about whether people appreciate it or not, but it is clearly a fact that with "local academies" as you call it you need to collect resources in a single village to be able to build nobles. Similarly it is a fact that without the mass storing feature at the academies you have to cycle through all your villages, which depending on how efficient your are at not losing resources, is every 1-4 days.

"I don't think you have to be a "kid of today" to appreciate the improvements made to the game, maybe just young enough to actually be able to adapt and learn some new tricks once in a while :)" - hIghQue
"Clearly implying that either I haven't played TW since W4, or that I don't know how to. Again, assumption." - greenmonsta

No, there is nothing clearly implying that you haven't played TW since W4 or that you don't know how to. Why is it, that when looking for facts in my post, you avoid seeing even the fact that is actually present, while still you are able to read between the lines and apparantly analyse your way to non existing implications? I mean exactly what I write. There are many improvements made to the game, you don't need to be a "kid of today" to appreciate it. I know a lot of people with wife and children playing this game. They are happy for the improvements, and as a matter of fact these improvements are the reason they can still play this game, while still managing their family and children. If you have to spend 2 hours just storing resources every day, only children and unemployed people can ever play this game.

In any case, as Jumanji2 wrote you, I am not here to teach common sense. I am quite confident that the implications of playing TW under the old W4 settings, with an account with 8000+ villages is very clear for anyone who actually know the W4 settings and know how it was in the days, where just queuing troops and storing resources was the main work load on a 100 village account, not to mention when you had to transfer resources to the village where you wanted your next noble. So instead of blaming others for being pedantic and intentionally misunderstanding you, take a look at yourself and how you are splitting apart my post in your quest to ignore the obvious drawbacks that I am explaining you about the "old W4 settings" that you hold so dear, instead of facing the huge improvements that have been made to this game, such that we all can focus on playing the game, instead of storing and moving around resources all day.

DeletedUser

The world 4 forums are like a venus fly trap. All's quiet until a troll lands in a thread :D

____CLASH____

Yes Jumanji I remember well when Lord Franky suddenly got 'active' and we did have quite a flurry for a month, I had great fun with KingB as I was on the frontline and I know I gave one or two players a good scrap especially that k52 isolated cluster of kingB's but I saw the writing on the wall when I spent a week planning a great op against Alex in K42 but then had to wait for two weeks for people to send nukes from K1 because the closer players sitting on 25mil accounts were too scared to send or indeed in quiet collusion and so just gave it lip service, in the end Highque was able to stack many villages and we didn't even scratch him as nukes landed sporadically across his account. It showed that no matter how carefully a plan was put together the tribe was just not interested in tactical group operations, once that was over the fun was gone especially as nobody in the safe areas of the west would support the frontline.

Also the policy of sending thousands and thousands of frontline nukes to targets that were 240 hours away meant half the time people would have no local fighting force for over three weeks, it was quicker for your nuke to die and build a new one!

A front line can only be exploited by tactical plans, this is where Life was good, mass attacks from 48 hours giving little time to get mega stacks in place and then exploiting gains because surviving nukes get turned around fast. Hotshot was good at this.

One thought I did have was -

I wondered if P J Ryan would get the chance to migrate to Life, one it would further help the end game and two we started together and fought for so long he is a truly great player, he held out alone in K64 and I am sure you guys must have respect for him as a player.

____CLASH____

In relation to coins V packets, I am two months into world 60, it is a completely different game people farm massively, a player may have just 5 villages yet with more than 10 hours between them, its village leapfrog, everything else gets farmed. I cannot imagine many of these accounts reaching 10 million points or the server lasting 2 years, tribes are extinguished and disbanded after a week of war because they are spread out with no nucleus, my tribe has won 6 wars in a month, there is no cohesion or team bonding in these tribes!! I just had to make 5 gold coins for my last noble and its dull because my next available target is 13 hours away yet there are 20 villages closer under 2k points but they are turned into tribe farms. It is disconcerting not to have comfort in a nice tight cluster :) but its just the way the game is now, it is nothing like my beloved world 4, that said I was not good with scripts so I was one of those who made up for my lack of skill there with simple man hours :)

Rebel2society101

In relation to coins V packets, I am two months into world 60, it is a completely different game people farm massively, a player may have just 5 villages yet with more than 10 hours between them, its village leapfrog, everything else gets farmed. I cannot imagine many of these accounts reaching 10 million points or the server lasting 2 years, tribes are extinguished and disbanded after a week of war because they are spread out with no nucleus, my tribe has won 6 wars in a month, there is no cohesion or team bonding in these tribes!! I just had to make 5 gold coins for my last noble and its dull because my next available target is 13 hours away yet there are 20 villages closer under 2k points but they are turned into tribe farms. It is disconcerting not to have comfort in a nice tight cluster :) but its just the way the game is now, it is nothing like my beloved world 4, that said I was not good with scripts so I was one of those who made up for my lack of skill there with simple man hours :)

Great point you make Clash. I see that you are in LSD, which I think I may be planning to move into.

The game has changed entirely. You can't noble a barbarian anymore, and sometimes the most viable target is 10-30 hours away, which can make things pretty annoying if you get sniped or the village gets stacked.

At what point are we able to solidify our core and noble the barb villages? From one end of my villages to the other, its about 25 hours North to South, and 15 hours West to East. And, I'm only 60k points. -.-

DeletedUser

Great point you make Clash. I see that you are in LSD, which I think I may be planning to move into.

The game has changed entirely. You can't noble a barbarian anymore, and sometimes the most viable target is 10-30 hours away, which can make things pretty annoying if you get sniped or the village gets stacked.

At what point are we able to solidify our core and noble the barb villages? From one end of my villages to the other, its about 25 hours North to South, and 15 hours West to East. And, I'm only 60k points. -.-

When we played the beta server, some friends and I overcame a similar problem by finding a couple like-minded tribemates close by. We saved up enough coins to noble 10 nearby barbs, then we all nobled the villages near us at the same time. By this time, the barbs were around 2k points. When our tribemates started whining and making non-English threats, we just told them to go stuff themselves because by nobling those barbs we became the largest members in the tribe. They were cowed by our points alone and didn't try anything. Soon thereafter, all these players too scared to noble barbs were picked apart piecemeal by the #1 tribe because all their villages were too many hours apart to support each other.

Yes Jumanji I remember well when Lord Franky suddenly got 'active' and we did have quite a flurry for a month, I had great fun with KingB as I was on the frontline and I know I gave one or two players a good scrap especially that k52 isolated cluster of kingB's but I saw the writing on the wall when I spent a week planning a great op against Alex in K42 but then had to wait for two weeks for people to send nukes from K1 because the closer players sitting on 25mil accounts were too scared to send or indeed in quiet collusion and so just gave it lip service, in the end Highque was able to stack many villages and we didn't even scratch him as nukes landed sporadically across his account. It showed that no matter how carefully a plan was put together the tribe was just not interested in tactical group operations, once that was over the fun was gone especially as nobody in the safe areas of the west would support the frontline.
Aside from simply having generally more active players, I think we overcame the problems you list above in 3 ways. First, we ordered mandatory sittings to ensure up to 90% of our southern members' defense troops were already sitting on or on their way to the border. Second, we compartmentalized the ops significantly and regularly distributed misinformation about our real targets. Essentially we divided players we REALLY trusted into 3 informal and compartmentalized groups to attack the real targets while getting the... less trustworthy players to attack secondary targets. We varied what we told the less trustworthy players... sometimes we said they were helping us hit the real targets and others would be nobling, or that they were just helping in a distraction, or even that they were simply participating in a mass nuking in which there would be no nobling. Sometimes all these orders overlapped the same targets. Hopefully it created a kaleidoscope of confusion for any spies we had :p Third, we made extensive use of fakes to help direct support to the wrong areas.

Also the policy of sending thousands and thousands of frontline nukes to targets that were 240 hours away meant half the time people would have no local fighting force for over three weeks, it was quicker for your nuke to die and build a new one!

A front line can only be exploited by tactical plans, this is where Life was good, mass attacks from 48 hours giving little time to get mega stacks in place and then exploiting gains because surviving nukes get turned around fast. Hotshot was good at this.

Hotshot is indeed amazing at that less than 48 hour window. He was highly dreaded back during the LIFE/TBP wars and I remember several of our newly recruited DOG players throwing in the towel completely because of hotshot's crazed aggression :D

One thought I did have was -

I wondered if P J Ryan would get the chance to migrate to Life, one it would further help the end game and two we started together and fought for so long he is a truly great player, he held out alone in K64 and I am sure you guys must have respect for him as a player.
Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen.

Deleted User - 31145

well its been a year since i have been gone and greeny is still moaning about life will things ever change ??

greenmonsta

well its been a year since i have been gone and greeny is still moaning about life will things ever change ??

I like how you don't even read the posts and just assume. If you read, you'll see that we aren't even discussing life.

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Players: hIghQue
Side 2:
Players: neley

Timeframe: Last 3 months

Total conquers:

Side 1: 1,330
Side 2: 216
Difference: 1,114

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,157
Side 2: 0
Difference: 1,157

chart

Thanks to neley for boosting my growth these past few months and for helping us gain the required domination to finish this world :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9300

I guess that pretty much says it all Highque:icon_idea:^^

I am proud to have played alongside the people here, and to stick with it until the end as the world is going into its sixth year is something I think you all should get credited for^^
Even though I was a demotivated no-name and inactive barb whore at the end I'll never forget the years and hundreds of hours of fun,trash-talking and effort I spent in this world with everyone else along with the fellowship that came with it.

Just the simple thoughts of an old TBP member^^
I wish you guys and girls in LIFE all the best and if you're ever get tired of the TW.NET servers then the Norwegian server welcomes you all :icon_wink:^^

See ya^^

DeletedUser

It's official. Neley has been sent to the great beyond. World 4 can officially end now.