The Experienced Player

therealbuba

Do you two even know what you're talking about?

0.04 ms, 0.01 ms, and 0.001 ms are impossible to get without cheating. If you meant 0.04 SECONDS that equals 40 ms, which is illegal to send here. You aren't allowed to send anything faster than 152 ms or .152 seconds.

If you didn't realize what you were saying TAVNK, I hope the average player isn't like you.

Your completely right, i was thinking 1 decimal place less sorry about that.:icon_cry: ... was just trying to make a point to the guy above...

DeletedUser22924

I must agree with most of this. I am about as experienced as they come, I have played since w4, up to 4 mil, from rim start, from core start, I have been in 15*15s of 3 top 10 players until well past nobles, and I have been in tribes with the likes of some of teh best players.
But, I am by NO means good. Sure, I can stay top 500, but so can 500 other people, in every world I play. I am average, maybe slightly above. I am a great example of how experience has NOTHING to do with skill.
I can send 250 ms trains, yay...I have sat accounts with snipes st for 100 ms trains.
I can snipe half second trains, yay...I have been in tribes with players who can snipe 1/20th that.
@ naruto: some didn't.....some don't. There are players who join just when they happen to be able to dominate. I ahve seen complete nubs take top 10 spots.
@ commited, it is technically possible to snipe a 1 ms train. You must have it be
att 1 ID 1
att 2 ID 2
att 3 ID 3
snipe ID 4
att 4 ID 5
att 5 ID 6
the attack ID's have to be in a perfect order, so you have to launch your snipe in between the attacks, but it is possible. And, I have actually seen a 3 ms train, so a 1 ms train is not out of teh realm of possibility. It had 5 attacks...was epically amazing tbvh.

i find this post funny, First i don't see why people ever brag or even seem proud about managing, over 200 villages, i have played for 2 and half years, and i have never managed over 180 villages, i started in w6 =P.

no matter how big everyone around me got, i kept my small managable size, and i went far:icon_redface:

well enough of my old story....

about the train, there is no humanly possible way to get 20ms trains or lower, the reason why some players pull it off, is not their mad finger speed, but crappy internet connection of their computers.

DeletedUser

just call me a new player that dosn't know anything about this game

DeletedUser22924

I decided to have a wonder round the world 45 forum and was pleased to find some players here actually have their heads screwed on, anyway bellow is my opinion.

Experience in my opinion is worth little. As recruiter of BARBie I ALWAYS take a players experience into account before deeming is they're worth an invite or not although there are many factors which are a lot more important and are a lot more influential in my decision.

Some players who've been playing TW for years without stop are still as bad a player as they were in the beginning. They might be bad players but no one can say they do not have experience because they quite obviously do. Experience means little.
Learning from that experience however is what the top players do.

Some players join their first world and make it into the top 20 after noble stage. I've seen that before. As long as a player is active, intelligent and has a good teacher then they have the ability to succeed.

Simple.
lol, im doing the same thing, i haven't joined this world, i don't have time, but i might later.

P.S @less: sure i'll call you newbie, like all newcomers, i hope you enjoy ur stay in w45.

DeletedUser

i find this post funny, First i don't see why people ever brag or even seem proud about managing, over 200 villages, i have played for 2 and half years, and i have never managed over 180 villages, i started in w6 =P.

no matter how big everyone around me got, i kept my small managable size, and i went far:icon_redface:

well enough of my old story....

about the train, there is no humanly possible way to get 20ms trains or lower, the reason why some players pull it off, is not their mad finger speed, but crappy internet connection of their computers.

Now, that be incorrect for 2 reasons. The first being: I never bragged about mah AmAzInG 3.5 MiL pOiNtS. I was pointing out I have every type of experience the OP mentioned, but that I am not good.
The second thing is this:
considering people can snipe 20-30 ms trains and send under 20 ms trains often, you are wrong.

DeletedUser22924

Now, that be incorrect for 2 reasons. The first being: I never bragged about mah AmAzInG 3.5 MiL pOiNtS. I was pointing out I have every type of experience the OP mentioned, but that I am not good.
The second thing is this:
considering people can snipe 20-30 ms trains and send under 20 ms trains often, you are wrong.

snipng, and making the actual train, are 2 different thing, sniping is actually easier, than making tight trains.

i can try as many as 200 times to snipe the train.

also about the brag, i didn't mean to intentionally imply you.

DeletedUser

You aren't allowed to send anything faster than 152 ms or .152 seconds.

I just wanted to clarify something with this statement. If you look at the Rules, rule #10 clearly states:

§10 said:
The use of ANY technical improvements, changes in Operating Systems, and/or bugs in hardware that affect timing of attacks are strictly forbidden. This also includes the use of packet generators and/or packet delayers. All attacks and supports of four commands (commonly known as trains) SENT consecutively in a total of 149ms (milliseconds) or less are forbidden. All other guidelines in Rule §8) Bots and Scripts must also be followed.

So, 4 attacks sent in 150 or 151 ms is legal, while anything sent in 149 or less is illegal.

@TAVNK - Glad to see you haven't lost your ability to be stupid on the forums. lol

DeletedUser

snipng, and making the actual train, are 2 different thing, sniping is actually easier, than making tight trains.

i can try as many as 200 times to snipe the train.

also about the brag, i didn't mean to intentionally imply you.

when you have 1 village, you have 7 chances, MAX...and an 8 ms train is still hard to get, even with 1-200 chances.

DeletedUser

From what I seem to be reading throughout this forum is, for a player to be experienced he needs to know how to send trains down to the milliseconds. I am going to have to disagree here. Experience only means those who have been in this game long enough and have experienced a lot. Bad or good they are still experienced. Players who have been playing less than a year can destroy these "experienced" ones because they are quick learners(Of course only the bad ones and on occasions the good ones too). While those with experience are just covered in their own Ego(Yup, no comment). Sending trains can be learned in a short period or a long one. Being able to send trains down to the milliseconds does not in any way label you as experienced, only as a decent player.

Sentrii

DeletedUser

I can only send a train under 1 second due to bad internet connection and well not close to 150ms.
Plus ill have to get other players to snipe for me.
Apart from that everything else im all good.
If you know how but got a bad internet connection or crappy laptop like me like 4 years old.
People with the better computer and internet connection will have the advantage.

Everything else is all about what you know, how active you are, how lucky you are and putting what you know into the game.

DeletedUser

when you have 1 village, you have 7 chances, MAX...and an 8 ms train is still hard to get, even with 1-200 chances.

Nuh uh. *shakes head*

If you can hit a full second spot on with ease you only need to worry about the milliseconds. And to get those I would give myself >80 chances, more can be done fairly easily, but involves a lot more clicking.

DeletedUser

I just wanted to clarify something with this statement. If you look at the Rules, rule #10 clearly states:

So, 4 attacks sent in 150 or 151 ms is legal, while anything sent in 149 or less is illegal.

Well then they changed the rule from when they first made it, that was the only time I looked.

DeletedUser22924

thank you pyker for pointing out the rule, so this arguement is useless, because now there will never be a time where you will have to snipe a super train.

DeletedUser

Does the definition of the experienced player matter, most players who refer to themselves as experienced suck anyway, so what they describe themselves as doesnt really matter much now does it ?

DeletedUser

Does the definition of the experienced player matter, most players who refer to themselves as experienced suck anyway, so what they describe themselves as doesnt really matter much now does it ?

You said you is good :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You said you is good :icon_wink:

I thought we had agreed you dont have to be experienced to be good :icon_wink:
(By we i mean the posters in this thread, as i am aware me and you didnt no come to said conclusion)

DeletedUser

I thought we had agreed you dont have to be experienced to be good :icon_wink:
(By we i mean the posters in this thread, as i am aware me and you didnt no come to said conclusion)

More fun trolling until people get their answers straight :icon_biggrin:

Still hasn't happened in the other thread I'm workin on :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Thats not true. You have lots of chances, if you know how to do it. Basically, you have about 19 minutes(depending on the cancel time for commands in the world) to be able to time your snipe right. That's a lot of chances. :icon_wink:

Well then they changed the rule from when they first made it, that was the only time I looked.

No, they didn't.

DeletedUser20542

See, I would tend to disagree with that assessment. I consider myself to be an experienced player as there isn't much in this game that I haven't seen. Yet, I consider myself to be a decent player when it comes to actual game skills. I never have, nor will I ever be a top ranked player because I choose not to put that kind of effort into this game. Doesn't mean I don't know how if I wanted to do it. Just means I'm too lazy.

hahaha this is awesome and i'm kinda the same way. I have been ranked among the top players before in early worlds i played. spent about 8 months around rank 6-7 on world 8 before i had back surgery and a spy in our tribe found this out. the three days i was in the hospital our enemy decimated my villages and left me with about 1/4 of the few hundred vills i had. guess i had a noob sitter haha. since then i've played a few worlds with different levels of success but have definatly stepped back with the amount of time i put into it.