The first five months.

DeletedUser

It's getting difficult to find TW players to stay in a world for 5 months...Why is this happening?

Is the challenge less?

Also is this normal in all worlds?

Its frustrating to see strong players leave....

Is TW only interesting in the beginning?

Opinions are welcome...Thanks guys.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

For one, the beginning is more interesting. Two, this world is not that exiting. In fact, I would say it is downright boring. Three, TW sux0rs.

DeletedUser

For one, the beginning is more interesting. Two, this world is not that exiting. In fact, I would say it is downright boring. Three, TW sux0rs.

then what is interesting for you? Are you still playing this world if its still boring? And why play TW alltogether when you say it sucks? why not just play other games?

Sorry for the questions..I just need a good answer.

Sellsword

then what is interesting for you? Are you still playing this world if its still boring? And why play TW alltogether when you say it sucks? why not just play other games?

Sorry for the questions..I just need a good answer.

A good answer is a matter of perspective. I personally enjoy mid to late stages of the game more than the early start. If this world has become boring, it is because most tribes aren't actively pursuing an agenda of war. Where is |RAW|? Why do they not actively make an effort against TBD? Where is S00N? Have they ever fought a war? How about Cukiez, the recent arrivals to the top 10? Why does Patryn keep wanting to merge?

And to single out yet another boring diplomatic tie: Act1 & Punch! A coalition born to fight TBD -- yet still no war, even though their combined layout is perfectly suited for just such an endeavour.

You know, it doesn't take much to shake this world up. A nice world war would definitely be an option.

DeletedUser

World war haven't seen that for long time..Thats interesting....

Brancian

Where is S00N? Have they ever fought a war?

To be honest, S00N isnt the tribe who announce their wars. Its more of a silent tribe when it comes to public forums. Since im not there anymore, i can give an update.

History of S00N:

First war was against Phoenx. It was the battle of starting continent, K62. S00N and Phoenx was the main competitors in that K. We where underdogs if you looked at the member and point count at the time.
S00N did one OP against them, and spiced it up with some propaganda. They fell apart pretty easy.

After that it was some house cleaning with smaller tribes.

Second war was against BUG!. We where huge underdogs if you looked at the member and point count at the time.

Now, some would say that this really wasnt a war. But the thing is they attacked a few of our players. We wouldnt stand for that and we destroyed two top players in one OP. There was some nice defending from player UltraRaze. mat459 went down easier. We also started with tuge, who was tribe hopping to save him self. That ofcourse couldnt save him. Think he got around 10 villages left.

When the tribe saw what we actually did, they fell apart (or merged into CHiK3N). Now you can ask the CHiK3N/TBD/JellyB members who is still close how S00N fight. There are people from all tribes who has had a go at us, not much gain for them at all. Lots of ODD for us tho.

After the BUG! affair, we actually had quite a few IGM's from the players of the enemies giving us kudos. They all said that we defended very well, and did good coordinated OP's. And the testament was that if we kept it up, we would reach very far as a tribe.

Now S00N is actually a RIM tribe. Started very late, and is far away from the core. In my opinion that is very respectable looking at the rank today.

This is the short version of S00N history :axemen:

Sellsword

(...)
Now S00N is actually a RIM tribe. Started very late, and is far away from the core. In my opinion that is very respectable looking at the rank today.

This is the short version of S00N history :axemen:

Cheers, that was a good read. If S00N does well for itself, why the lack of forum representation? Is propaganda not part of the fun?

Brancian

It was more about not getting unneccessary attention. The politic was and probably still is, that it better to have people guessing :icon_confused:

That is probably why there was some attemnts on us as well. But they all had a very bad experience i guess :lol:

DeletedUser

ya control a continent sooner or later they will see ya...Good stuff on your acomplishments..so hows the activity in your tribe? Brancian

HeftySmurf

I have not got bored yet, probably because i have been constantly frontline, (REL and now Zombie)

I like wars, cept nobody bloody attacks me anymore :( killed too many nobles :p

DeletedUser

Why does Patryn keep wanting to merge?

It's not that we want to merge it's that other tribe leaders want to step down so they ask to join. I've never approached any tribe about a merge. I get approached by people that want to join and I evaluate them based on our criteria.

From reading the punch! vs. zombie thread, I believe under that definition Punch! would call it a merge and you'd call it recruiting . . . either way I don't care as your tribe still has over 100 more tribe changes than we have and we outpace you in both ODA and ODD despite you having more players that us (and substantially more players than us at times) :p.

So call us mergers/recruiters/non-war mongers if you must, but, it's simple propoganda as anyone that takes a few minutes to browse twstats knows different, even the great sellsword and bh.

Deleted User - 3135

From reading the punch! vs. zombie thread, I believe under that definition Punch! would call it a merge and you'd call it recruiting . . . either way I don't care as your tribe still has over 100 more tribe changes than we have and we outpace you in both ODA and ODD despite you having more players that us (and substantially more players than us at times) :p..

They believe us accepting 6/7 players from your disbanding ally is merging. If anyone but Valth believes that my thought of them actually drops quite a lot.

This world has managed to avoid a world war scenario, many tribes taking the safe route.

There also seems to be a player centred culture now on TW. Odd considering the two biggest factors in that is farming and activity. In older worlds there was a much more tribe focused attitude. A lot more tribalism, giving to more tribal wars. However, once "elitist" tribes started from OA on world 4 onwards, there was a bit of a shift. In actual fact the focus on those tribes was more teamwork and cohesion through lower numbers. But what emerged from observers of it was that some players have super powers, giving to a continued more player centred culture like I mentioned.

But continuing on from that, is that people miss out the point of the game. How many times have players come on here and said less talk, more war. That the game name is "tribal wars". It may be the most overused phrase we've ever seen, but it is ironically a false example. They are correct, it is "tribal wars". But wars is only one part of that phrase, tribal is the other. It is hugely ironic and quite frustrating that people don't understand that the ego wars, mud slinging and diplomacy is one of the key features of tribalwars. It is not honour to avoid it. It is cowardly and only half the experience, leading to quite a boring, dull world.

Sellsword

It's not that we want to merge it's that other tribe leaders want to step down so they ask to join. I've never approached any tribe about a merge. I get approached by people that want to join and I evaluate them based on our criteria.

From reading the punch! vs. zombie thread, I believe under that definition Punch! would call it a merge and you'd call it recruiting . . . either way I don't care as your tribe still has over 100 more tribe changes than we have and we outpace you in both ODA and ODD despite you having more players that us (and substantially more players than us at times) :p.

So call us mergers/recruiters/non-war mongers if you must, but, it's simple propoganda as anyone that takes a few minutes to browse twstats knows different, even the great sellsword and bh.

I wasn't calling you anything. But your tribe seemed to the casual observer willing to merge with Glad and pluto -- two other top twenty tribes. And the layout of your tribe that was the direct result of the (largely failed) merge is ill-suited to warfare -- a choice you would never get away with in worlds like w6, or w10. If the tribes around you were seriously interested in fighting a big opponent with a huge strategic advantage, they would have declared weeks ago.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that everything I do is propaganda, or has ulterior motives. I enjoy the game a lot, as a player and a leader, and I was merely commenting on a couple of changes that would make the world more interesting. The dwindling number of players on w54 mentioned earlier on in this thread ais, in my humble opinion, the direct consequence of the lack of serious wars.

DeletedUser

They believe us accepting 6/7 players from your disbanding ally is merging. If anyone but Valth believes that my thought of them actually drops quite a lot.

This world has managed to avoid a world war scenario, many tribes taking the safe route.

There also seems to be a player centred culture now on TW. Odd considering the two biggest factors in that is farming and activity. In older worlds there was a much more tribe focused attitude. A lot more tribalism, giving to more tribal wars. However, once "elitist" tribes started from OA on world 4 onwards, there was a bit of a shift. In actual fact the focus on those tribes was more teamwork and cohesion through lower numbers. But what emerged from observers of it was that some players have super powers, giving to a continued more player centred culture like I mentioned.

But continuing on from that, is that people miss out the point of the game. How many times have players come on here and said less talk, more war. That the game name is "tribal wars". It may be the most overused phrase we've ever seen, but it is ironically a false example. They are correct, it is "tribal wars". But wars is only one part of that phrase, tribal is the other. It is hugely ironic and quite frustrating that people don't understand that the ego wars, mud slinging and diplomacy is one of the key features of tribalwars. It is not honour to avoid it. It is cowardly and only half the experience, leading to quite a boring, dull world.

While I agree with the mudslinging etc is half the game, the bad part of it is 99% of the people are terrible at it and, thus, not worth the time.

Some of the people post well thought out arguments and perspective and even if it's wrong you can at least see the perspective.

Like the debate between vlath and you is a decent debate (although tiresome by this point) and you can certainly SEE both sides even if you disagree with one side or the other.

And then you have hefty and warham throwing their 20 village weight around on the forums that can be amusing at times.

Then there are the trolls like citizen kane, that, even though he's an idiot his posts still make you laugh.

But then you have tribes posting 'stop merging and war' then flip back to the in game tab and continue their planned merge, another tribe saying they don't mass recruit when they lead the world in tribe changes and another tribe complaining the world is boring because no one will war when they are only in position to fight one real war so they allied with that tribe.

The bottom line is there are 4 or 5 top tribes currently emerging from this world and all of them have different leadership styles. None of them are right and none of them are wrong, they are simply different. We won't know which one is 'right' for a few more years and just because it was 'right' on this world doesn't mean it will be 'right' on the next world. But it seems the externals has turned into a place that's less about propoganda/politics/debate and more of a place where people come to say how bad the other tribes way of doing it is, even when they are activing very similarly behind the scenes, and that is what has led to the decline of pnp.

So, while the 'tribal' part might be half the game, coming to the externals to listen to hypocritical drivel and the weak excuses as to why it's not hypocritical becomes tiresome at times and you can often find the 'tribal' part of the game in your own message boards more exciting, entertaining, and fulfilling than listening to people on the externals posting opinions and insisting they are facts.

DeletedUser

I wasn't calling you anything. But your tribe seemed to the casual observer willing to merge with Glad and pluto -- two other top twenty tribes. And the layout of your tribe that was the direct result of the (largely failed) merge is ill-suited to warfare -- a choice you would never get away with in worlds like w6, or w10. If the tribes around you were seriously interested in fighting a big opponent with a huge strategic advantage, they would have declared weeks ago.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that everything I do is propaganda, or has ulterior motives. I enjoy the game a lot, as a player and a leader, and I was merely commenting on a couple of changes that would make the world more interesting. The dwindling number of players on w54 mentioned earlier on in this thread ais, in my humble opinion, the direct consequence of the lack of serious wars.

Well the same could be said in reverse as well. The lack of wars could be from the lack of players staying just as easily as it could be the other way around. When I took over patryn we had a decent player base but our movement has been hampered by players quitting and, thus, necessitating taking on new players more than the other way around, and, I know we're not the only tribe having this problem.

Again, we are leading the world in ODA and 3rd on ODD. We're not just sitting around nuking barbs over here, we give our players plenty to do and they still quit. Punch! is fighting wars and being eaten by innactivity and so they took in the AoE members. Would they have taken in AoE if they didn't have players quitting? I doubt it. So, I think that you have a bit of a chicken and an egg argument.

As far as saying I wouldn't get away with this on world 6 . . . I guess I'll not restart my account on w6 then :p. We're playing w54 now. It's why a create a new alias on every world I play. I think people get too caught up on what you did in past worlds or what worked in past worlds. It doesn't always translate to new worlds.

Sellsword

(...)
As far as saying I wouldn't get away with this on world 6 . . .(...) It doesn't always translate to new worlds.

True. But a bad tribal layout is the same every world over. Just like we're having a tough time organizing defense with our layout, so would you have a tough time defending if Pluto and RAW decided to gang up on you -- there would be virtually no safe K to use for stacks. And the point I was trying to make was that the lack of the active pursuit of war has led to this situation.

The chicken or egg thing, I totally get though. Hard to start a war if people keep leaving. A more vibrant forum may actually be a big help there, it keeps people involved and the edges sharp. After a round of debating with Valth, I send my troops to die with a grin :icon_wink: So I hope to see more of your posts, and in fact of the other top twenty tribes. A bit of light banter makes the game more enjoyable, and I promise I won't be a meanie :)

DeletedUser37628

*siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Calmir, why bother playing a game if you think it sucks? I would legitimately like to know that.

Also, I might add that Pluto is in the same boat as PATRYN as far as wars go. We have them, and members participate, but when push comes to shove, most players do not place tribal wars over general life success in their list of priorities. If the game starts taking too much time, or a change has happened in real life that has made playing a pain in the ass, then that player will probably quit. It's just a part of the game. The players that are truly in this for the long haul are a hard breed to find.