The first five months.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
While I agree with the mudslinging etc is half the game, the bad part of it is 99% of the people are terrible at it and, thus, not worth the time.

Some of the people post well thought out arguments and perspective and even if it's wrong you can at least see the perspective.

Like the debate between vlath and you is a decent debate (although tiresome by this point) and you can certainly SEE both sides even if you disagree with one side or the other.

And then you have hefty and warham throwing their 20 village weight around on the forums that can be amusing at times.

Then there are the trolls like citizen kane, that, even though he's an idiot his posts still make you laugh.

But then you have tribes posting 'stop merging and war' then flip back to the in game tab and continue their planned merge, another tribe saying they don't mass recruit when they lead the world in tribe changes and another tribe complaining the world is boring because no one will war when they are only in position to fight one real war so they allied with that tribe.

The bottom line is there are 4 or 5 top tribes currently emerging from this world and all of them have different leadership styles. None of them are right and none of them are wrong, they are simply different. We won't know which one is 'right' for a few more years and just because it was 'right' on this world doesn't mean it will be 'right' on the next world. But it seems the externals has turned into a place that's less about propoganda/politics/debate and more of a place where people come to say how bad the other tribes way of doing it is, even when they are activing very similarly behind the scenes, and that is what has led to the decline of pnp.

So, while the 'tribal' part might be half the game, coming to the externals to listen to hypocritical drivel and the weak excuses as to why it's not hypocritical becomes tiresome at times and you can often find the 'tribal' part of the game in your own message boards more exciting, entertaining, and fulfilling than listening to people on the externals posting opinions and insisting they are facts.

I agree with much of what you say. But it remains that the Punch! vs Zombie argument is just one argument. And we are just two tribes. Throughout this world we may have been the only two to continue a sustained argument with each other. I see that the fact that we can and do do that as a positive for thing for this world. What is missing is not a different kind of debate like you suggest, but more debate. There will always be circles of different quality debates, but when the pool of debating is small and only between two tribes posting you end up with a lower quality externals.

The fact that I think some tribes withdraw themselves from the externals, then ally with ever enemy except the weaker one that will make themselves grow best (and in the safest way), as well as the fact that there is a more player central culture as I spoke about, we are really reducing the quality of the world as the fight becomes less interesting.

There is one huge thing to remember. Tribalwars is only numbers. We may see it in graphics, but it is only data given context in which we then embroil ourselves to have a virtual fight between multiple players. Part of the fight that should be and often is more important is the politics, the verbal war. Every time someone says "less chat more war", I think them getting a high on little more than numbers and calculations. The only bit with some degree of subjectivity is the arguments and word play that can accompany wars and ultimately is what initially made this game very interesting, and why it is often so interesting at the start of a world when forums are more active.

The reason why world 6 is often quoted as such a good world, is due to the multi-dimensional forum. Nearly every tribe had a presence, and it really was a battle of wits and tactics in and out of game. There were several leaders that were good at arguing with different view points and self interest, which created a as I say a multi-dimensional forum. This multi-dimensional forum was key to the world, as these different forces impacted directly on the world, greatly altering its politics and makeup. A multi-dimensional forum, creates a multi-dimensional world. A good world, starts with a good forum.

DeletedUser93357

I don't get involved unless its something i know about ;) and can therefor add to that argument and apply my own thoughts

DeletedUser

But not all tribes debate/argue on the externals. A lot of it happens through mail. There was this noob in k86 that is part of the #1 tribe on w13 and harassed me via mail constantly (as did the k85 tribe) so I dedicated my profile to them. If anyone wants to look at some real pnp check out my in game profile.

Both of those tribes disbanded and I'm now mopping up the idiot that thought he was the best player in the game because no one on w13 bothered to attack him.

My point is, that, these externals aren't the only forum for trash talk. Just because some tribes don't post here or participate in the same types of propoganda you participate in doesn't mean they are bad at it or don't do it. After all, my goal with propoganda is to win battles and wars, not entertain the masses.

DeletedUser93357

but its fun if you can entertain the masses as the same time! :) PnP is a very strong tool if people use it correctly. I have witness tribe/tribes fall apart through PnP and these are no nub tribes. Its about applying it in the correct way, and pressing the right buttons at the right time ;)

DeletedUser

But there is a substantial difference between 'can be' and 'is'. If you are going to use the pnp to win a war, one of the main tactics you have to use is discretion. If you don't post often, then say something intelligent people will listen when you do post. But, if you constantly post pointless b.s., when you get around to posting something intelligent, no one will listen.

I don't want to call our specific players, but there is one player on here that posts constantly and would argue with a wall if he had the opportunity. He's not just doing it to troll (ala citizen kane/hefty etc) he's doing it because he thinks he's serious (or at least it comes across that way). So if he actually posted something intelligent I'd brush if off as an accident. There are other posters that I might actually listen too.

I even think vlath/bh/ss, who we know are good at pnp, have discredited themselves a bit on this board (no offense guys, just stating an opinion) as they spend days arguing over what is a merge and who are mass recruiters when the real answer is --- who cares? We all know what the facts and more than likely anyone reading has already formed an opinion one way or the other, but now we are going to spend and additional two days arguing over what we are going to call it?

What I'm ultimately saying is, you are right, PnP can be a good weapon. But wouldn't you rather send 1 full nuke instead of 3 nukes at 1/3 power?

Sellsword

(...)

What I'm ultimately saying is, you are right, PnP can be a good weapon. But wouldn't you rather send 1 full nuke instead of 3 nukes at 1/3 power?

Alas, if that were the case, we wouldn't try to entice more people and more tribes to participate. What happens instead is that there are maybe 15 active forum users, and 4 active threads. Not all forum participation should be propaganda, or war discussion -- I agree that a limited forum presence works best, but only if there are many people adhering to that idea. If you only have our current limited number, it's virtually a death sentence for the world.

DeletedUser12504

i reckon all the tribes should just have a free for all. would liven things up fairly quickly :p

DeletedUser

*siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Calmir, why bother playing a game if you think it sucks? I would legitimately like to know that.

Also, I might add that Pluto is in the same boat as PATRYN as far as wars go. We have them, and members participate, but when push comes to shove, most players do not place tribal wars over general life success in their list of priorities. If the game starts taking too much time, or a change has happened in real life that has made playing a pain in the ass, then that player will probably quit. It's just a part of the game. The players that are truly in this for the long haul are a hard breed to find.

Players with much time in their hands, skill wise then the players remaining now are better or worse?

DeletedUser94846

I don't want to call our specific players, but there is one player on here that posts constantly and would argue with a wall if he had the opportunity. He's not just doing it to troll (ala citizen kane/hefty etc) he's doing it because he thinks he's serious (or at least it comes across that way). So if he actually posted something intelligent I'd brush if off as an accident. There are other posters that I might actually listen too.

how the hell am i a troll ? -.-

DeletedUser

how the hell am i a troll ? -.-

Haha, you trolling punch is one of the main reasons I read this board. :p

I'm not saying you ONLY troll, just that your goofy posts are meant to be trollish, not all your posts are meant to be serious.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
But not all tribes debate/argue on the externals. A lot of it happens through mail. There was this noob in k86 that is part of the #1 tribe on w13 and harassed me via mail constantly (as did the k85 tribe) so I dedicated my profile to them. If anyone wants to look at some real pnp check out my in game profile.

Both of those tribes disbanded and I'm now mopping up the idiot that thought he was the best player in the game because no one on w13 bothered to attack him.

My point is, that, these externals aren't the only forum for trash talk. Just because some tribes don't post here or participate in the same types of propoganda you participate in doesn't mean they are bad at it or don't do it. After all, my goal with propoganda is to win battles and wars, not entertain the masses.

I agree, not all tribes debate on the externals. My opinion is that they should. It is the only platform that is available for all tribes to see and comment, for the world to see and comment. By only communicating by secret lines of communication you are damaging that world whether you like it or not. I agree that it does not make them bad that they do not do it, but they miss out on half the game by doing so, and don't pass on any benefit to the world that they could be doing otherwise.

Participation in this forum is key to making a good world. Considering the decline of long term play on some worlds I think its time someone makes arguments that take note of that.

DeletedUser

The reason why world 6 is often quoted as such a good world, is due to the multi-dimensional forum. Nearly every tribe had a presence, and it really was a battle of wits and tactics in and out of game. There were several leaders that were good at arguing with different view points and self interest, which created a as I say a multi-dimensional forum. This multi-dimensional forum was key to the world, as these different forces impacted directly on the world, greatly altering its politics and makeup. A multi-dimensional forum, creates a multi-dimensional world. A good world, starts with a good forum.

This. On all the worlds I have played on since W6, I have to say the only one I found nearly as entertaining was W30 - though that might have largely been because I enjoyed arguing with all the people trying to flame Bh. :icon_wink:

*siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Calmir, why bother playing a game if you think it sucks? I would legitimately like to know that.

Have you ever tried to quit this game? I have, a few times. Once even for a year+. However, it has certain addictive qualities, which bring people back in [not the least being the people you meet]. The game isn't bad, if it was no one would play it. It is however flawed because of how it takes so much time to play.

then what is interesting for you? Are you still playing this world if its still boring? And why play TW alltogether when you say it sucks? why not just play other games?

Sorry for the questions..I just need a good answer.

I prefer early - mid game play. Three million points is probably the maximum I would enjoy growing to, after that it just gets extraordinarily boring. As for why I play, I addressed that above, but the greatest reason would be because of the friends I have made on TW, though of those, the amount who play TW gets smaller and smaller, so after this world I plan to quit permanently. As for why I am here on this world still? Because I like playing TW with my co. That's about it. And up until now, I had an abundance of freedom to do what I wish... Though note the up until now.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
This. On all the worlds I have played on since W6, I have to say the only one I found nearly as entertaining was W30 - though that might have largely been because I enjoyed arguing with all the people trying to flame Bh. :icon_wink:

Yea, the no allies, more enemies, was not one of my better ideas :/

DeletedUser

Yea, the no allies, more enemies, was not one of my better ideas :/

Yeah.. probably partially my fault though. You know how it is with me and K tribes... ^^

Edit: Actually, that should probably be: You know how it is with me and people in general... :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Really good posts Pactli, I think we share same views on many cases, and I can certainly see why BH/SS is my enemies; I really dont like the way they think about this game. (also my name is not vlath, its Valth, pls =) I knew its lame to discuss to a such level but I cant stand when someone starts lying about certain events =/

Talking about first question, I dont think there's any cure to stop people going inactive, its not a 5 months or 2 years thing, number always goes down.

First reason is bad leadership and lack of mails players get from their leaders or tribemates. If your normal players, not only aristos can see you are doing strategically wrong moves without anyone else's support, people mostly leave the game. About communication, I believe cleaner forum and a good mail net boosts activity.

Another reason is wars, and there's no solution to that =) We have been losing members at K24 because they dont have much wars around, while other tribes lose their active players on fronts with excuses like summer coming and I have to socialize or leaves the game when he face good organized assaults even if they were perfectly active before they join the war. There are some people who plays the game to chat friends and farm, grow peacefully; just like the reason of Farmville's popularity, and they quit when getting involved with war. Some are playing to attack and leave the game when there's not much entertainment for them. Number always goes down.

I dont think absence of world wars is anything to do with w54's boringness. Tribes are covering their continents with mostly around %60, this world is still at mid-stage where tribes should do duels, and a war never ends with slaughter. We fought Angry and Glad recruited, fought Nukex and TSA recruited, fought Glad and Patryn&Zombie recruited. Its clearly seen that a war never truly ends so it cause Vendetta wars, its hard to pass over them and join an irrelevant war for people's amusement, like what SS suggested about Act1&Punch! vs TBD prolly to save their skin. We still need time for that and till then there's not much to do.

I personally dont like this world because there're barbs growing to 3.5k and it has a lotta disadvantages that I think I dont have to count. Sheltering refugees and tribes trying to *only excessively* dominate their continents and not have a warfront for cheer up is another reason.

And s00n is mentioned alot, SS prolly miss their agenda as he doesnt have much to do with other side of the world but I watch and really appreciate the way s00n plays the game, they're the best rim tribe I've ever seen so far (idk much rim tribes so, dont give me more examples please)

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
Somehow you've managed to relate 60% of your post (in a thread on why the world may be going downhill) to Zombie and Sellsword. I'm starting to think you have a crush or something.

DeletedUser

Somehow you've managed to relate 60% of your post (in a thread on why the world may be going downhill) to Zombie and Sellsword. I'm starting to think you have a crush or something.

I was commenting on other opinions said before, commented on Pactli and s00n aswell coz they were mentioned. Do you wanna count how many times my name has been repeated even if I didnt say a single thing on this thread? No? so stop trolling please, i pointed my views and Zombie style of playing was a tiny part of it, no need to use this thread to cure your PnP fever again. I wont answer even if u keep spamming this thread, so I advise you the same.

DeletedUser94846

I was commenting on other opinions said before, commented on Pactli and s00n aswell coz they were mentioned. Do you wanna count how many times my name has been repeated even if I didnt say a single thing on this thread? No? so stop trolling please, i pointed my views and Zombie style of playing was a tiny part of it, no need to use this thread to cure your PnP fever again. I wont answer even if u keep spamming this thread, so I advise you the same.

soooooo, what your saying is,,,,, you cant put up a effective argue with blood so you wont reply ahaha
your just as terrible at pnp as you are ingame valths.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
soooooo, what your saying is,,,,, you cant put up a effective argue with blood so you wont reply ahaha
your just as terrible at pnp as you are ingame valths.

I'm going to troll myself here and say my argument was hardly effective. I was just concerned with his emotional attachment to SS and I, that was all :icon_wink:

But apparently I am das troll. One who has put an extensive and explained, supported opinion on this thread. But in the eyes of Valth, a troll.

DeletedUser94846

I'm going to troll myself here and say my argument was hardly effective. I was just concerned with his emotional attachment to SS and I, that was all :icon_wink:

But apparently I am das troll. One who has put an extensive and explained, supported opinion on this thread. But in the eyes of Valth, a troll.

even if it is not effective, point is valths still cant say anything cuz he no good at the pnp, i am not myself, mainly cuz of english problems, but he acts like god of pnp but cant even put a effective or any type of argue with you, and when he does they are crap lol. just like most of punch players (calmir is alright) especially baddest and zack and hefty as examples

blood, you do know a supported opinion,which is explained properlly is trolling,right? :lol: