The Graphics Tutorial Thread

DeletedUser

dumdumdum....

The Graphics Tutorial Thread
I saw some requests in tijgerwout's thread for tutorials and I remember my first tutorial thread also had some handy tutorials in it so I thought it would be smart to make ONE thread for tutorial for

• GIMP
  • Photoshop
  • Getpaint
I will add more to this list if I find a tutorial for that program here on TWForums. So far I have only seen GIMP/Photoshop tutorials on these forums.

----------------------------------------------------

Tutorials

Tutorials for GIMP

Tutorials for Photoshop

Tutorials for Getpaint

Tutorial Requests
GIMP
No requests

Photoshop
Einstein wants:

• Shape making
  • Masks
  • Filters
  • Text
  • C4D
  • Smudge
Intersum wants:

• C4D blending
Getpaint
Tijgerwout wants:

• Standard tutorial

Small Notes
Copyright
If you have one or more of your tutorials posted here without your permission, feel free to comment here/PM me and I shall remove it immediately after you've identified yourself as the rightful owner.If you wish to have your tutorials posted here in exchange for money/advertisements or whatever, NO, I won't accept that. Every tutorial owner is equal and blah blah.If you see a tutorial of yourself here posted without your permission, though you still want it to be here, feel free to comment here/PM me and I'll add your name and stuff.
About
Bla bla, this is an open source thread (xD) by the community of TWForums.
Would be very much appreciated though I don't think the moderators do that on general discussion. If you are however a moderator and want to sticky this, sure!

Feel free to comment here with any new tutorials, request for tutorials and everything related to tutorials! You're free to post your OWN tutorials, but you're also free to post anybody else's tutorials from anywhere on the internet*.
*as long as the author allows that ofcourse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like it! :)

I might post one tomorrow.
Maybe a text one, or a pretty background tutorial... :)

DeletedUser

Nice Tutorial's people :) i may even post one if your lucky (im not the best at Adobe Photoshop but it's okay).

I could show everyone soul trains way to blend a render (not as pro as some of you im sure!), :p

Soul Train

DeletedUser

Since I'm about to get Photoshop PS3 :)icon_biggrin:), I am wondering, Is it about the same as Gimp? I noticed It is much bigger than Gimp, and also, all the Icons look unfamiliar. Also, I've heard about Something called C4D's, that I have never hear of in Gimp. :icon_neutral: What are they? Are there more Filters/Effects? (Dunno what to call them :icon_redface:)

And I would like to request a tutorial for how to cut out a render, with all my cutouts, I keep having to trim with the eraser tool, and me being a lazy bum, dont want to do it anymore .:icon_biggrin:

At Intersum: Great Idea! Extremely annoying searching through the forums for Tuts, now finally they are in one place :icon_razz:

And finally, thanks to whoever answers my questions
:lol:

(I'm a lazy bum, as said before, so I dont wanna wait til someone answers my questions before saying thanks :icon_cool:)

DeletedUser

This is a C4d it is an efect people make using prgrams such as photoshop.

normal_c4d3.png

b1rock

Since I'm about to get Photoshop PS3 :)icon_biggrin:), I am wondering, Is it about the same as Gimp? I noticed It is much bigger than Gimp, and also, all the Icons look unfamiliar. Also, I've heard about Something called C4D's, that I have never hear of in Gimp. :icon_neutral: What are they? Are there more Filters/Effects? (Dunno what to call them :icon_redface:)

And I would like to request a tutorial for how to cut out a render, with all my cutouts, I keep having to trim with the eraser tool, and me being a lazy bum, dont want to do it anymore .:icon_biggrin:

At Intersum: Great Idea! Extremely annoying searching through the forums for Tuts, now finally they are in one place :icon_razz:

And finally, thanks to whoever answers my questions
:lol:

(I'm a lazy bum, as said before, so I dont wanna wait til someone answers my questions before saying thanks :icon_cool:)
I have a Rendering tut made by someone else not sure if I am allowed to post it somewhere else

DeletedUser

I should make a render tutorial sometimes. 'Cause I have a special way of rendering... I am too lazy to cut it out so I just do a layer mask on it and stuff and since Einstein. wants a layer mask tutorial I'll be killing two flies with one stone!

@Anywho: As far as I know people who can use GIMP can kind of use PS too. The programs are not that different, but it might be handier to stick to GIMP if you're already good at that.

@B1rock: It's usually OK to post the link to the image/website though people are usually less satisfied if you decide to post the image here. So, eh, just post the link.

@Soul Train: I have the slight feeling your way of Rendering is exact the same as mine! :icon_razz:

@Einstein: Added them to photoshop too.

DeletedUser

Guess you didn't like my celtic mist sig tutorial?

And I'm making a smudge tutorial right now.

DeletedUser

Uh, I couldn't find the link to the tutorial anymore so I was waiting for you to reply so I could ask you for the link. Just pass me the link and I'll put it on the thread!

b1rock

I should make a render tutorial sometimes. 'Cause I have a special way of rendering... I am too lazy to cut it out so I just do a layer mask on it and stuff and since Einstein. wants a layer mask tutorial I'll be killing two flies with one stone!

@Anywho: As far as I know people who can use GIMP can kind of use PS too. The programs are not that different, but it might be handier to stick to GIMP if you're already good at that.

@B1rock: It's usually OK to post the link to the image/website though people are usually less satisfied if you decide to post the image here. So, eh, just post the link.

@Soul Train: I have the slight feeling your way of Rendering is exact the same as mine! :icon_razz:

@Einstein: Added them to photoshop too.
can't find the link it is on planet renders

b1rock

here are some of the tw forums using the handy search tool
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=125383&highlight=signature+tutorial
another for Gimp not very good but it is a tut
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=98844&highlight=signature+tutorial
this one I have used this off another site very good for beginners
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=81978&highlight=signature+tutorial
useful gimp tutorials here
http://www.gimptalk.com/
and another site
http://www.sigtutorials.com/tutorials/basics/

DeletedUser

Grrrrr Anyone know how to grow a selection? Tis really annoying me :icon_sad:
It does nothing when I click it :p

DeletedUser

Grrrrr Anyone know how to grow a selection? Tis really annoying me :icon_sad:
It does nothing when I click it :p

Grow a selection? What do you mean?

I think maybe you're looking for...uh..

Select -> Modify -> Expand

something like that (i dont have PS open so its off my head)

b1rock

Yep that is wat u do on ps, wat r u doing anywho making a map or something?