The Great Beer Debate

DeletedUser93822

nope and tbh never heard of it but am guessing your gonna say its good so i will have a look for it
Well, it's fair...but their porter is pretty decent...lager and wheats are nothing special...

DeletedUser

star beer hmm. In Bali all I did was drink Bintang, means star in indonesian I think. The tourists guides never had a tourist stop at every single liquor store on the road before, (could drink in the taxi) we had a grand ol time

bintanglabel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Molson%20Canadian.jpg

With this image, I filled the glass of this thread. :icon_cool:

Wallam

star beer hmm. In Bali all I did was drink Bintang, means star in indonesian I think. The tourists guides never had a tourist stop at every single liquor store on the road before, (could drink in the taxi) we had a grand ol time

I am in Cambodia at the moment and all I drink is Angkor Draft.. very cheap and so nice to come out of 40C heat to a cool beverage. In Thailand I just drank Chang, i try to drink local beers when I am in that country.

As for the rest of the thread..

Cider > beer.

Some beers are nice, although boddington's draft (the one you see bums drink in the yellow can) is possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted.

DeletedUser

I am in Cambodia at the moment and all I drink is Angkor Draft.. very cheap and so nice to come out of 40C heat to a cool beverage. In Thailand I just drank Chang, i try to drink local beers when I am in that country.

As for the rest of the thread..

Cider > beer.

Some beers are nice, although boddington's draft (the one you see bums drink in the yellow can) is possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted.

yes boddingtons isnt great at all

DeletedUser

Not really a cider man or beer.

Im more into certain wines and vodka's.

Not straight vodka, im not actually insane.

DeletedUser

I said it in the other thread, too. I'll repeat it here.

Europeans that've never been to America and gone out of their way to try our microbrews are missing out. You can't judge American beer off of Bud/Coors/Sam Adams. But if you're ever in Colorado, you need to try Laughing Lab. It's just too good to pass up on.

That said... Guinness <3. And Warsteiner dunkel is pretty good, as well.

Unfortunately the same must be said about Americans not having been in Europe and really trying. We also have multiple microbreweries and also the big Brewers like Heineken and InBev have beers in their assortments which are very rarely exported. Belgium has for example over 500 types of beer.

And another example is Budweiser, but not the US copy but the original from Czech Republic, Budvar.

Suffice to say there are worldwide excellent beers to be found. The production process is fairly simple and when selecting good ingredients wonders can happen...

PROOST !!

Lethal Legend

Beer and cider both have their place and neither should be ignored on an occasion when drinking. In my younger days when indecisive I often mixed a "snake bite" of Diamond White Cider (7.5%) and Holsten Pils (5.5%) for a guaranteed messy afternoon in pub gardens.

If you really want premium cider stay away from most of the list of common things like Woodpecker and Magners; get some smaller brands down your neck!! :) Old Rosie, Aspalls cider, lesser known traditionally brewed and all should come with a warning label...:icon_evil:

DeletedUser

Budweiser is the best...

It follows the most important rule of the world; To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction.

ie. It tastes the best, but it also gives you the worst hangover.

:)

DeletedUser

nah you didnt

we speak of beer and cider not silly lager (which imo Export is BY FAR the BEST lager)

Yet you referenced Carlsberg, Becks and Stella in your original post. Which are certainly lagers, rather than Ales. I'd say beer is more of an umbrella term.

I'm pretty sure no one here is actually in a position to say one country (or continent) is better than the other due to the diverse products of all the countries. I think the most you could compare is the mainstream brands that everyone's heard of. The Buds, Coors, Carlsbergs, Heinikens etc.

All of which are much of a muchness.

Anyway, I'm far too refined to drink something as common as beer. I get gracefully wrecked on Champagne.

DeletedUser

bintanglabel.jpg

that picture to me just sums up americans lol

DeletedUser93822

nope that fact americans take pictures of their fellow drunk americans when they look like d*cks tbh
The curse of the ubiquitous cell phone camera...kills plausible deniability....:icon_confused:

Wallam

Anyway, I'm far too refined to drink something as common as beer. I get gracefully wrecked on Champagne.

Cristal I take it? :icon_razz:

I agree with trying the local ciders, especially when in pubs..

I used to work as a supermarket and the employees were offered all the cans/bottles that had come loose out of there original packaging. You could get a bag full of beer/cider so cheaply as a result.. had some awesome times with friends and the bags from the supermarket.