The Guide to quitting Tribalwars TW for the desperate

DeletedUser

"Yet another goodbye thread? Damn, not again. Just realize you are addicted and will start again in a few month."

This is very sad but probably true, but let's try a slightly different approach this time:
Step one:Take a piece of paper and write done every appointment you delayed or even cancelled for TW, everytime you set the alarm clock to be online at a certain time, every occasion where you think you would have performed better, had your mind not been distracted by TW. Every friday evening you didn't went out because you wanted to noble someone.

Each time you try to log on to TW again look at the list.

Step two: Delete skype account, don't tell anyone who is still playing TW any means of contacting you. If you are using MSN/IRC/ICQ delete those two and create new accounts.

This is actually quite hard, as you might have made some friends, but there is actually no way to stop TW if you are addicted enough to resort to this guide when you keep hearing conversations about it all the time.

Step three: Burn the Bridges behind you
Everything you wanted to say, say it now. Be blunt, be evil. No need for cursing, but you can even do that if you really feel you have to. Basically tell everyone why you hate this game.

Step four: Ask some Elder mod to ban every forum account you ever created permanently

Step five: Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open the hosts file with a text editor.
Enter the following two line at the bottom of the text:
127.0.0.1 www.tribalwars.net
127.0.0.1 forum.tribalwars.net

The effect of this is that everytime you go to those two pages you are redirect to the IP 127.0.0.1 which is the localhost: a blank page. w

If you want to go a few steps further encrypt the hosts file writing properties with a truely random password protection (there is freeware for that in the net) and loose the password once you typed it in. Or block the internet pages in your modem (some have that option) and password protect changes to that section.

Good luck

/edit:
http://tribalwars.net/account_delete.php?action=delete_from_mail
sacredfool said:
The link I posted above deletes your game and your forum account after confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
ARGH , Don't do it !

Step two: Delete skype account, don't tell anyone who is still playing TW any means of contacting you. If you are using MSN/IRC/ICQ delete those two and create new accounts.

NO.... thats mean :icon_cry:

If anyone does that to me ( who I care about ) I will hunt them down and find them :icon_twisted:

I used to try and convince people to stay , some I still would, others I just wish Bon Voyage , as you know they will be back :icon_wink:

<3

DeletedUser

Hehe... I was waiting for someone to write something like that for quite a while!:icon_biggrin:

Nice guide.:) I think the most difficult part for me in quitting was to fight the urge to log in the forums. Nice idea to block the access to TW and the forums but it won't work as we will always find another computer to log in from or simply... Delete those commands we wrote.:icon_redface:

*Added to the favorites for when i'll decide to quit again*

DeletedUser

I think this is the best guide I have ever seen for TW. lol

DeletedUser

I've said goodbye a lot of times. I've always stated I'd be back in 2 months though :icon_eek:

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've "quit" 3 times I think it is now :icon_cry: I get an itch to come back and find myself depressed when I think about TW having quit it.

Also if you make friends its even harder to let go - I proberly would have succeded the last couple of times had I not talked to people on MSN/Skype... you just get dragged back in.

However next time I "Quit" I'll give Jamm's little guide a try :icon_wink:

Clur

Couple more ideas.

Find a new hobby first. If you have nothing else to fill those hours you would have played TW, you'll be back the second you are bored.

Try and get a few people who you get on with to quit at the same time. Why? Because then you won't feel like you are missing out on something. 90% of the time its other people who you play with who keep you playing more than the game itself. And if you do happen to keep in touch with them, you can have a competition about it. Whoever goes back loses.

Don't make a goodbye thread, cos you'll keep wanting to come back to see who posted. Anyone who makes a goodbye thread isn't ready to quit.

harlos

@clur.. Good idea on "find a new hobby first"

Like... its always easiest to find a new job when you already have one

and... Always cheat before you dump your current girl.

Galum

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Best guide ever O.O

I hope it doesn't mean you're quiting though ;-)

Galum

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
True, but knowing you this may have been just a pre-leaving thread so I wondered ;-)

DeletedUser

Ah. Actually. Thanks. I'm seriously taking this up next time.

Nudist

Honestly Jamm, I'm book marking this thread.. I've been notorious for quitting cold turkey and then returning when new worlds open up. By following your steps I may actually be able to do this. This guide rocks.

DeletedUser

If I ever decide to quit, I think I may need to follow this guide!!

LMAO

Quintus Fabius Maximus

5 quits and comebacks. Why couldn't I have had this thread before :p