The Hunt Begins

• Thread starter DeletedUser84494
  • Start date

DeletedUser117635

Pastor Repo, I would like to thank you for that. Very well said.

-Sam

DeletedUser110713

i never played this world so can someone clear 2 things for me, are they mistakes by leadership and if not then why did they do it.
first, in mid game, why did infect noble straight through to the east leaving a front for both south and north instead of having a decent cluster so it wouldn't be hard to defend?
second, why did ronin recruit people other side of infect? in that position it would've been safer for infect to team up with dsy4 no?

DeletedUser84494

first, in mid game, why did infect noble straight through to the east leaving a front for both south and north instead of having a decent cluster so it wouldn't be hard to defend?

In mid-game, Infect had an end-game agreement with both DSy4 (to the north) and Ronin (to the south). So they were busy trying to clean up their east (it's always wise to have your back against the rim) and were pushing hard through the west. As per their end game agreement with DSy4, the fight would begin when Infect had nobled the southern half of the map and DSy4 had nobled the northern half of the map.

second, why did ronin recruit people other side of infect? in that position it would've been safer for infect to team up with dsy4 no?

DSy4 had been doing things that unnerved Infect, and a few comments they made was making it difficult for Infect to trust DSy4 wouldn't hit them hard if they became immersed in a battle elsewhere. Infect had the choice of fighting Ronin and hoping that DSy4 didn't hit them from behind, or hitting DSy4 and hoping Ronin didn't hit them from behind.

In the end, comments made by DSy4 caused Infect to decide the agreement between the two tribes was null and declare on them in order to have an end game war with Ronin. Ronin agreed to an end game war and both tribes set a date for the first of the year.

Tensions were high right before the fight, since both sides were expecting the other to attack in advance to get an advantage. It was made even more tense by esteemed players like Googly having some of his spies in Infect intentionally start skirmishes with Ronin to try to cause a premature fight.

Honestly, in the end no tribe acted flawlessly. Each worked hard to get where they were, and the politics were a lot of fun. It was very easy to not take Ronin seriously, especially since I made it very clear that most of my players were first-time scrubs and plucky do-gooders with more heart than skill. When we jumped the map, it just looked like a cute little attempt from a naive group of players who didn't understand how proper clustering in a church world looked.

When DSy4 decided to hit us, they became a little overly confident at both their success and their binding agreement with Infect. So when Infect ended that agreement mid-war (which had been planned out when DSy4 hit - we were giving it a few weeks for DSy4 to be fully immersed before making a move), they were caught completely off guard. All of their nukes were en route to smash Ronin's shaky cluster up north, and all of their defense was on our border as a show of full strength. Infect was able to completely steamroll their border and rip through morale faster than they ripped through villages.

DSy4 didn't see it coming: they were played. It was a mistake by a player that had a lot of promise as a duke, but was unfortunately dropped into the duke position during end game, which is not where you want to get a grip on politics.

Infect's mistake, if you can even call it a mistake, was being able to fight tribes that were mostly defense-based. Infect can handle being on the offense, but they were never completely challenged on the defense. That's not to say they couldn't defend - obviously they can - but that it had been a long, long time since they had been thrust into desperate situations that demanded that they rely on one another for survival. In that, they had a group of very aggressive players who weren't wholly familiar with relying on one another.

Ronin, on the other hand, declared war on tribes three times their size, lept 200 hours across the map and picked a fight with tribes that were ten times the size of what they had in the area, and wouldn't back down from a fight when DSy4 pushed their weight around. We struggled up north - which was expected - but 90% of our defense stayed down south. We were fighting DSy4 mostly with what we had laying around up north.

After all, agreement or not, we didn't trust any of the large tribes in the game. If Infect decided to side with DSy4 we were prepared to lose the north and take the fight to Infect. If we did, DSy4 would win the world (and Infect knew this).

What Ronin did was foolish and reckless and honestly, shouldn't have worked. Each tribe made mistakes, and while we snarl and snap at one another, in the end DSy4 played a great game to get where they were - they simply became overconfident and had activity issues in the end that new leadership could hide but couldn't fix. In the end, Infect played a good game to get to the top and stay there through the world.

But where Infect expected a clean easy fight, Ronin expected a dirty one and prepared for it. When Infect pulled a dirty trick, Ronin had tricks already lined up that could be used to counter the tricks. Each time Infect attempted an underhanded move, Ronin was able to parry it or match it with something worse.

The end game war wasn't an easy one. Infect expected an easier fight, and at times they might have been lead to believe that they had players lined up to be recruited (my guys are lovely, but they can be hateful sometimes, and stringing Infect along was a bit of a laugh for them :), Infect believed they had tribes on their side that were not.

The only tribe who genuinely joined them were the cowards in TR, who sold out their own players in order to get a chance at end game. An act I still consider the lowest thing that has been done in this world. They were meatshields and extra fodder for Infect.

The only player who genuinely joined them was quickly unburdened of their account. I think they were more of a disappointment to Infect than they were to Ronin.

DeletedUser110713

"first, in mid game, why did infect noble straight through to the east leaving a front for both south and north instead of having a decent cluster so it wouldn't be hard to defend?"

so the mistake was making end game alliances with 2 different tribes... I can understand ronins POV though now.

bronse

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Long Long ago a small tribe was formed by a few friends, just messing around really, we started to grow on the rim, that tribe was PWM, long gone now. We made a few friends and we made one enemy, that was infect, there absolute arrogance talking down to us was unbelievable, I still have the mails and skype convo's. We decided we would bow to no one, the stats actually speak for them selves :)
Infect asked us for a NAP not us asking them, I did not trust or want this NAP, my co duke organised ( T I am pleased you have made contact and are safe and well ). After my co duke went missing :( and a few other things happening I Lluisins account decided to delete, I asked Jen to look after my tribe, she kept her promise, my promise to her, was I would come back with a few players when required, I hid and came back last Jan, but sadly illness took me away. In August, I contacted Jen and said I was ready, I was pleased to see a few of my old tribe still here Tat and Carl, spear, although a new player, I joined the joelllove account and quietly sorted things :)
Though many postings here and in game mail, I was told the account was not good and I am not a frontline warrior LMAO, look at the stats.
I don't claim to be the best as did Infect, the best skill in this game is activity. Jen has kept ronin on track for a long time, I give her respect for that, I have paid back my debt and totally enjoyed doing it :)
Bronse :)

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
*their

71930e9ea00a94c6a695b59e1441fc3cf451d3ab35a5c22ea74e69eb8b64a395.jpg

I don't claim to be the best as did Infect, the best skill in this game is activity.

4krqf8.jpg

Jen has kept ronin on track for a long time

tumblr_inline_nvusgcpxcV1rpf997_1280.jpg

DeletedUser94483

Count down clock pretty much starts whenever we decide it starts now. Thank you for playing ladies and gentle creatures.

Purely it was definitely not luck.

Nukes-Galore

All that red means nothing while Luper is in the positive. If Luper is growing, infect are still in with a chance :lol:

DeletedUser99939

Long Long ago a small tribe was formed by a few friends, just messing around really, we started to grow on the rim, that tribe was PWM, long gone now. We made a few friends and we made one enemy, that was infect, there absolute arrogance talking down to us was unbelievable, I still have the mails and skype convo's. We decided we would bow to no one, the stats actually speak for them selves :)
Infect asked us for a NAP not us asking them, I did not trust or want this NAP, my co duke organised ( T I am pleased you have made contact and are safe and well ). After my co duke went missing :( and a few other things happening I Lluisins account decided to delete, I asked Jen to look after my tribe, she kept her promise, my promise to her, was I would come back with a few players when required, I hid and came back last Jan, but sadly illness took me away. In August, I contacted Jen and said I was ready, I was pleased to see a few of my old tribe still here Tat and Carl, spear, although a new player, I joined the joelllove account and quietly sorted things :)
Though many postings here and in game mail, I was told the account was not good and I am not a frontline warrior LMAO, look at the stats.
I don't claim to be the best as did Infect, the best skill in this game is activity. Jen has kept ronin on track for a long time, I give her respect for that, I have paid back my debt and totally enjoyed doing it :)
Bronse :)
However when you returned you found out you where not the only w30 on the world. ;) Glad you came back, not a world without you best buds around and the new buds.

Infect I wish you a Merry Christmas..I would mail you in game however a few of you have ever so kindly (Simon I'm talking to you) blocked me after mailing me to taunt or just because being a snot (xxavier!). Stormy I have heard from Trawl account that you are not feeling well, get well soon and see you after the breaks for round 2.

I also expect Infect to attack me at least once before this world closes to take back Rank 1 ODD. You really don't want Jen or toll to finish with it do you? Might as well be someone you hate or is just a downright pest that won't die... ;D

Love you all and happy holidays.

War

DeletedUser94483

Top tribes by dominance
Ronin 59.9%
Infect 35.3%

Even though these numbers are altered a bit(holding back pushing the 60% marker) looks like in 90 days from sometime this week the world will be ours.

DeletedUser99939

Pick me! Pick me!

Or better yet Connor would be funny to watch..."Who kicked me!" lmao.

DeletedUser

I also expect Infect to attack me at least once before this world closes to take back Rank 1 ODD. You really don't want Jen or toll to finish with it do you? Might as well be someone you hate or is just a downright pest that won't die... ;D

War

Not going to happen by a long shot

Rank Name Tribe Defeated
1 TollxBooth Infect 596,96 Mil
2 Do Not Disturb Ronin 507,08 Mil
3 Kellycorpicus Infect 456,68 Mil
4 T-H-C Ronin 449,86 Mil

DeletedUser99939

Not going to happen by a long shot

Rank Name Tribe Defeated
1 TollxBooth Infect 596,96 Mil
2 Do Not Disturb Ronin 507,08 Mil