The International - Comments Thread

DeletedUser

add my congrats. kudos for an excellent post... you're back to being my no. 1 poster :icon_smile:

DeletedUser59845

I enjoyed the read on my break at work. I wish it were updated daily! Lol

DeletedUser

Sorry guys, i had my net cut off and lost the house, and a million other dramas. I have temporary net now, but its all up in the air. Great job parge and Cap, really good stuff :)

DeletedUser

Archiving here:

[SPOIL]
Edition 2 is here!

Disclaimer: I know it's dodgy and short, but I didn't have long to make it. Ok, I'm lying, I did, I'm just lazy.

Page 1:
[SPOIL]
page1oh.png
[/SPOIL]
Page 2:
[SPOIL]
page2zl.png
[/SPOIL]
Page 3:
[SPOIL]
page3f.png
[/SPOIL]​

Previous Editions:
Edition 1
[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

HorseSoldier

any suggestions on how where it is at now can be improved?
Here's the idea. You guys should be added to the tw blog staff and give their blog some much needed content. They already have other world bloggers that update with such posts. That way this paper can be updated more effeciently rather than editing forum posts. Who do I need to threaten here in tw staff to get this to happen??

DeletedUser

But i write in green, i don't want a purple name! it wouldn't make sense! :icon_biggrin:

Text color racism aside, do you mean actually doing the newspaper on the blog section? Create a World 43 section? Why don't we have one already? Someone should do it, if they can be bothered.

EDIT: But will W43 people actually be bothered to go there and look? It's kind of out of the way, and not as accessible. I suppose it could be linked here, and updates announced here.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I've never been to any blog site for TW. I have enough to look at.

DeletedUser

@harb,

Very nice you could update the first page. But really why oh why center all the text. It makes it so much harder to read. Your really wrong there. There is no paper no book which centres the text. If only the heads. There is a very good reason for. It is how our brains work. By centre a txt you give it an abnormal position so it gets more attention. That works only on heads and small pieces of text.

A main text should be read. And we read from left to right. Not from the centre That is why text never ever in papers and books is centred

DeletedUser

Well, i personally think it looks more like a newspaper on the forums centered, remember this is a forum :)

If people generally agree, i can make it all left, i was merely attempting to give it a bit more of a newspaper look, instead of a forum post. I didn't find it hard to read, but maybe that is just me.

DeletedUser

To keep the publication of the International easy to find, we are going to reserve the stickied thread just for publication and put all the other comments into this thread.

Please respect the decision and just leave the stickied thread for Harb or Parge or I to post new editions as they are ready.

3rd edition should be out in the next 24 hours or so!!!

Rather than quote all of the old posts across, Ele is going to move the existing comments into this thread so the stickied thread will be clean.

DeletedUser

Well, i personally think it looks more like a newspaper on the forums centered, remember this is a forum :)

If people generally agree, i can make it all left, i was merely attempting to give it a bit more of a newspaper look, instead of a forum post. I didn't find it hard to read, but maybe that is just me.

I agree with you. I've made over 20 newspaper editions in my time on this game...onto my 5th edition in World 47 and I always find the "center" position of the text makes it appear more structured.

DeletedUser

Archiving old post here:

[SPOIL]

The International

Page 1:
[SPOIL]
ed1pg1beta.png
[/SPOIL]
Page 2:
[SPOIL]
ed1pg2.png
[/SPOIL]
Page 3:
[SPOIL]
ed1pg3.png
[/SPOIL]
Page 4:
[SPOIL]
ed1pg4.png

The FRST/Nuts! War[/SPOIL]
Page 5:
[SPOIL]
ed1pg5.png
[/SPOIL]

Thanks for reading!

Comments thread may be found here Please comment there.

Thread will be updated for new editions.
<3​
[/SPOIL]