The International - Comments Thread

DeletedUser

Another great edition, still waiting for Harbs 'Food for thought' to load so I can read that bit :( dam Internet failing to work fast :icon_cry:

Yeah I had about 400 posts before becoming a mod... much of them were spam though :p

That did make me laugh from a mod though :icon_razz: As did the cartoon :)

DeletedUser

Yay, my arm is smexy girl of the week! Woot! lol... I have 5 more pinups inked on me if we have no other girls for the competiton...But 3 are R rated... so dunno if I can post them...

Good job, these are fun. :D

DeletedUser

Good stuff there guys, as self-centered as i am i almost thought there was a reference to my ign in the cartoon :p

DeletedUser

It was actually derived from a cartoon which was between Jedi's and Warhammer 40K Space Marines.

A bit of editing, but the partial ign reference was pure coincidence. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another great edition, still waiting for Harbs 'Food for thought' to load so I can read that bit :( dam Internet failing to work fast :icon_cry:

That did make me laugh from a mod though :icon_razz: As did the cartoon :)

Yeah, i didn't think that one through. I'll try to keep file size in mind in the future. :icon_razz:

eLeMeNOhPi

I've just Moved all the posts here... Will try to delete/edit some of them later to make it more appropriate... plus... It's stikied too

DeletedUser

Yes v.good read. Nice to hear from some of the other tribes on their thoughts and aspirations.

Also good to find out past experiences and worlds players have been on, as with me being so old I recognise all the names but can't put them to which world I played with them on :icon_redface:

DeletedUser59845

A good read, just doesn't seem quite as entertaining as the first 2 were. Stille 10x more entertaining than anything else on these forums though.

I look forward to the 4th edition.

DeletedUser

Mid-week Express has been published, above the latest edition. clicky for lazies

I enjoy reading the newspaper and usually agree with most if not all of the stuff in it however I do not agree with this mid-week addition.

I know the media likes to portray things as bad and worse than they are because it sells, this is a free paper so this must be your opinion which your entitled to however I disagree.

Yes good players will leave (perhaps more than usual in this case due to lack of action admittedly) but they will be replaced, this world is so young so much can change. Trust in the rim to produce some quality (not necessarily the current rim but the future rim).

Don't get me wrong I like frst and think its future looks great but they need to make the most of it as threats will emerge. I know there are current threats but without a gang bang I can't see anything too major.

My view on what has happened:

Old world settings attracted people who have just rejoined from extended brakes (like me), unlike me they remembered why they took that brake e.g. time issues, they leave once again.

We had a boom of people joining (world started) all booms are followed by recessions, join : stay ratio, think about it.

Chain reaction - people see people leave they do to, there will always be people who will see it out till the end.

...I predict it will be core supper tribe(s) created from the boom of the start of the world v future rim supper tribe(s) created from the boom just before the world closes to players joining (when it is at the top of the list).

To conclude:

The worlds life is so long you can make predictions but they are based on only a small part of the worlds life therefore reducing the reliability of the predictions (including my own), I haven't looked at the first few worlds for some time but I am not aware of any singular tribe that can "claim ownership of the entire world" they are in - waiting for someone to prove me wrong :lol:.

DeletedUser

[SPOIL]I enjoy reading the newspaper and usually agree with most if not all of the stuff in it however I do not agree with this mid-week addition.

I know the media likes to portray things as bad and worse than they are because it sells, this is a free paper so this must be your opinion which your entitled to however I disagree.

Yes good players will leave (perhaps more than usual in this case due to lack of action admittedly) but they will be replaced, this world is so young so much can change. Trust in the rim to produce some quality (not necessarily the current rim but the future rim).

Don't get me wrong I like frst and think its future looks great but they need to make the most of it as threats will emerge. I know there are current threats but without a gang bang I can't see anything too major.

My view on what has happened:

Old world settings attracted people who have just rejoined from extended brakes (like me), unlike me they remembered why they took that brake e.g. time issues, they leave once again.

We had a boom of people joining (world started) all booms are followed by recessions, join : stay ratio, think about it.

Chain reaction - people see people leave they do to, there will always be people who will see it out till the end.

...I predict it will be core supper tribe(s) created from the boom of the start of the world v future rim supper tribe(s) created from the boom just before the world closes to players joining (when it is at the top of the list).

To conclude:

The worlds life is so long you can make predictions but they are based on only a small part of the worlds life therefore reducing the reliability of the predictions (including my own), I haven't looked at the first few worlds for some time but I am not aware of any singular tribe that can "claim ownership of the entire world" they are in - waiting for someone to prove me wrong :lol:.[/SPOIL]

I believe DNY could be considered owning a world. :icon_razz:

It may have only been 7 months or something, but it is leading towards the end. I didn't mean it IS the end, i simply meant we are over the hill, and beginning to move towards to the end, one way or another. I'm not talking in technical terms, the world wont technically end for a while I'm sure, but in terms of activity and interest, its almost flat lined already.

DeletedUser

I believe DNY could be considered owning a world. :icon_razz:

It may have only been 7 months or something, but it is leading towards the end. I didn't mean it IS the end, i simply meant we are over the hill, and beginning to move towards to the end, one way or another. I'm not talking in technical terms, the world wont technically end for a while I'm sure, but in terms of activity and interest, its almost flat lined already.

Ha. Knew I should have checked before saying that :icon_redface:.

I am an optimist I suppose... It is leading towards the end of the core, not the world in my opinion. I am talking in the same terms as you (interest, activeness...), guess we shall see :icon_biggrin:.

DeletedUser59845

Harb, the International is the only thing on the forums worth reading these days. There is absolutely not need to apologize for it!

DeletedUser

Harb, the International is the only thing on the forums worth reading these days. There is absolutely not need to apologize for it!

second this.....................

is mario missed then????????????