The Leadership: From a Beginner to an Expert

DeletedUser

@Rukoh:

1.) Read the lines BEFORE where I counted those few ingridients, and you must be known with word / phrase STEREOTYPE - if you're not, then I can explain -> don't take this as offence.
Ah, but at the same time, and I cite: "You can't avoid the facts, that for creating an Elite Tribe you need following ingridients" That heavily implies that it is not just stereotyping, but also necessity.

2.)
- I admit the mistake about "Gaming" don't remember now what I meant with that word.
- This Guide is actually about how a NON-premade may become good Tribe, but mostly people categorize elite tribes with premade tribes
- Create Scripts? No NOT create - USE scripts, and that IS an importamnt ingridient to be a good player (Train Snipes, etc)
- OK Personality or Reputation, I could switch that, true
Ah, but it does not take 'rare skills'. Basics suffice, so in that regard, maybe it's not important for this guide, after all, basics of any aspects are important for a leader. Perhaps rewording would help, yes.

4.) Tribal Forums are just a "Formal" way to express yourself - you may see LOTS of PnP's of people making fun when Spying (which may occure while recruiting InGame) a Tribe -> if you do get a spy in, give him nothing to talk about on PnP's.
Would you really advice new leaders to focus on having spies? Surely nobody can make bad PnP from your forum catagories? Hell, I could coin my announcement section Tea 'n Biscuits for all spies care. The spy->PnP part usually only comes into play if your tribe is notoriously crappy. I do not think your forum adds to that 'crappyness', by far more of the time it is the tribal profile, or diplomacy list. I think it would benefit your guide more if you directed 'good first impression' to the tribal profile instead.

5.) So you are for early, spear wars? I will never step on that side, as your thoughts are - but interesting points of view.
Spear? No. But rams 'n cats? Definitely. Prime-time for early-coordination, I consider it a once-in-a-while chance to bring your tribe together for a small cost (clearing some enemies which you may or may not clear anyway).

@Bullit; Oh, definitely, activity is one of the major keystones for any leader without a doubt. Maybe it should be emphasized more in the guide even.

Child in time

Few thoughts of my own to quickly summarize this:

1: You don't 'learn' to be a good leader like this, usually, you just are a good leader, or you aren't

2: Don't get banned as a leader :lol:

3: Stay calm within your tribe, your players must know you're dedicated to them.

4: Never just throw in the towel, always put up a fight, a true captain goes down with his ship.

DeletedUser

A true captain makes sure the opponents ship goes down :icon_wink:

I happen to have a pills guy near me :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

1: You don't 'learn' to be a good leader like this, usually, you just are a good leader, or you aren't

3: Stay calm within your tribe, your players must know you're dedicated to them.

4: Never just throw in the towel, always put up a fight, a true captain goes down with his ship.

You can't comment on this You aren't a good leader like god getting banned for asking for someone password Nice one :lol:

DeletedUser

ya seems ok, but i dont think this quide will make a player an elitest. A good leader must know how to build a tribe using the right mix of players, and a great political animal. The leaders job really boils down to how well they can handle the politics. Leaders need lots of time on their hands to run a successful tribe. Im afraid a nice letter will not cut it either.

I really think if a player wishes to becoma a leader he should start by trying to move up the ranks in another tribe and become a Baron,general,co-leader or a Diplomat. The player will need a taste of each job to gain such traits. An elite leader should be fairly skilled in every domain of the tribe.

To become an elite player really depends on commitment and simple trial and error.

this is really just my opinion though.

sorry sasuke hope you wont kick me from your tribe now.

Shlomzi

CiT, you should perhaps follow your own advice in regards to rule #2.

:icon_wink:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Merlin, irony-detectors are so hard to come by now that everyone is using sarcasm detectors instead :lol:

Majickninja

Too long for me to read it all, considering it didn't go into depth,
I like to think everyone has different style's and means, which is what tends to make them stand out.

Having said that, I liked it and if I was new to leading then I think it would be a necessary/Interesting read, and would advise anyone considering it to have a good look through.

Nice post Sas.

DeletedUser

does any1 have any gides on growing fast and building troops and also about farming. Kind of summet like 'from begginer to elite' Or summet like that :p

Majickninja

does any1 have any gides on growing fast and building troops and also about farming. Kind of summet like 'from begginer to elite' Or summet like that :p

Mail me in game and I'll send you an LC rush guide :p

DeletedUser

there are some few points in this thread.

However as a player who has lead major tribes in other worlds I dont find this thread really useful. There are very basic things in the thread that you sometimes should notify noob leaders about, but in real game the situations are more complicated than that.

your war/recruitment/diplomacy/ suggestions doesnt always work. They rely more on the situation than making a general rule about it.
but of course, to make the noobish tribes look better, this guide might not be completely useless.