The Like Cartel

DeletedUser

back in day rep cartel gave me rep and it was great. i had a green glorious bar of rep and it meant something

but the time passes and changes and everything turns to poop eventually

give me likes now please people. bunch of noobs are getting more likes than me. anger

DeletedUser

yeah, I think the old system added a much more interesting dynamic to the forums. Well come to think of it, its not hard to be more interesting than just accumulating "likes", so that's not saying much I guess. But I once suggested some xenoforum feature that would kinda replicate the old system in a secretish forum called "Community Champions". The superiors didn't seem very interested in making this place any more interesting. It's almost like the superiors don't even exist at times. The gods have abandoned us! The end is nigh!!

DeletedUser

Basically it's shit because people can trade likes back and forth with silly gifs. Lets just tell it how it is.

DeletedUser

well people could trade rep back and forth too. But there was a limit on how much one could do it in a day. I dont really care about people abusing some forum point thingy.

Just annoys me the superiors have completely stopped caring. They are jaded towards the game, jaded towards the externals, and jaded towards the community. I've seen it first hand.

I can't really blame them too much either. I feel like that's just the natural process of things. And maybe there are things out of their control and they can't even talk about it, so that's why they've tuned out. I don't know.

Michael Corleone.

Loved telling people in skype chats to assemble the red rep squad and then red rep people repeatedly

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The red rep brigades on 83 were crazy. Then you'd have the god Jasper come in and save you with a +10 green

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Trading of rep and likes is why the systems suck and don't really contribute anything. Esp that silly rep system was dumb since the higher rep you had the more your +rep and -rep was worth, so it basically became a system of bullying. It really didn't improve anything. At least this like system Xenforo got by default don't allow for that kind of stuff (even though there occasionally are the posts where even I wish it could be downrepped into the deepest abysses of oblivion).

DeletedUser85032

Trading of rep and likes is why the systems suck and don't really contribute anything. Esp that silly rep system was dumb since the higher rep you had the more your +rep and -rep was worth, so it basically became a system of bullying. It really didn't improve anything. At least this like system Xenforo got by default don't allow for that kind of stuff (even though there occasionally are the posts where even I wish it could be downrepped into the deepest abysses of oblivion).
I disagree and it seems as if time has not improved you're intelligence.