The Man Utd factor

DeletedUser

I'm a 26 year old bloke and consider myself to be fairly normal (despite the kid-love...) in my sporting leanings. I've been an avid Arsenal fan for over fifteen years, from the build-a-wall-in-front-of-the-goal-to-win era of George Graham to the pervy-uncle-we-don't-talk-about season of Bruce Rioch to the sexy, raunchy orgasm-twice-per-match football of Gallic God Arsene Wenger.

I've adored my team for so, so long. I would do anything in the world to see them succeed. I love them so much that a few years ago I came into some money. I stalked... erm... followed nicely... Arsenal during their pre-season tour of Slovenia, Austria and Holland. In Austria, pre-game, I saw Arsene speaking to the press. I sprinted over, said 'Arsene?' He looked at me with his beautiful blue pensioners eyes; 'Can I shake your hand?' He smiled 'Yes - of course'. He broke eye-contact at that point. If he saw my man-caused erection he was diplomatic enough to ignore it.

After doing what any man would do with an erection and the DNA of his hero all over his right hand, I went on with watching the match. We (Arsenal) were 2-0 at half time. I remember waiting for the second half to start, I thought : I hope Man U are losing. This result will be wasted otherwise!

I stopped to ponder wrongness of my thought, in every way it is possible to be wrong. I thought for a long time and discovered that I equate Man U defeats with Arsenal successes. I don't seek the Arsenal situation first, I care about both equally. A Man U loss registers with me as much as an Arsenal win. I love my team no less.

I was stunned by my realisation and wonder to this moment whether I've been lead astray in some form.

I'd love to know if there are any English/normal people who share my sentiments. Americans can cock-off.

Wallam

Ultimately I would suggest it depends on your teams position in the league and the rivalry you have with the team you hate. For example I am an avid AFC Bournemouth fan and I will always look out for the other teams results that could have an effect on us, recently those being the ones that could knock us out of the automatic promotion spots. I feel that is probably the case with most football fans as those results directly affect their team however I assume that local derby games such as Southampton - Portsmouth because of their rivalry for each other will always look out for the other team to lose because of their intense dislike. Personally because Bournemouth does not really have anyone like that (well maybe Leeds, due to there fans appauling behaviour in the past when visting our stadium.) I dont not look out for anyone to lose. I suspect it is much more common to look out for other teams you like to win, for example I always look for Everton's result in the premiership and hope that they win. So yes, I suppose that there will be results you look out for and hope they lose, usually when they affect your clubs position but sometimes it could be a result of past/present rivalry's and derby matches.

DeletedUser89429

I'm gunna guess that the OP is a bunch of shit, created for lols.

Because it certainly made me lol.

DeletedUser

I'm gunna guess that the OP is a bunch of shit, created for lols.

Because it certainly made me lol.

It's intended as a serious thread mate - If you can't have some fun when posting then you have problems. I'm genuinely curious to find out if I'm the only only one to sufffer from this afffliction.

DeletedUser89429

So you're telling me you honestly got a boner over your football club's manager?

Issues.. :L

DeletedUser

i being an avid man united fan suffer from something similar except the team i look for to lose is LIVERPOOL.
though wether a defeat for them equates to as much satisfaction as a man united victory i'm not sure.

DeletedUser51390

wtf lol!!

well im an american and I dont undestand why I should cock off. Most people arethe same way. most people have there favorite teams and the teams they hate.

for me I am a huge packers fan(american football :D) but I hate the eagles with a passion... The packers could loose but im still happy and talk shit if the eagles loose aswell lol.

With baseball im a mets fan and I hate the eagles. Hockey im a flyers fan and hate the devils.

DeletedUser

wtf lol!!

well im an american and I dont undestand why I should cock off. Most people arethe same way. most people have there favorite teams and the teams they hate.

for me I am a huge packers fan(american football :D) but I hate the eagles with a passion... The packers could loose but im still happy and talk shit if the eagles loose aswell lol.

With baseball im a mets fan and I hate the eagles. Hockey im a flyers fan and hate the devils.

get on skype wall-e

HeftySmurf

All i have to say is, about football.

WE ARE LEEDS, WE ARE LEEDS WE ARE LEEDS

GOING UP, M.O.T! <3

DeletedUser

I'd love to know if there are any English/normal people who share my sentiments. Americans can cock-off.

I do not share your sentiments.

For me the team I support comes first, and I do not get that excited about the team I dislike losing. My team comes first, and I don't really give a shit about anyone else.

For example if Wales lose a rugby international and England win I am depressed for the next week. If Wales lose and England loose too then I am still depressed for a week (albeit slightly thankful that I don't have to put up with gloating, and the media banging on about "resurgent England" for the 30th time that season).

DeletedUser

wtf lol!!

Americans are banned due to having the mental capacity if a goldfish. A particularly stupid goldfish with a neurological problem. And aids. Of the brain.

DeletedUser

All i have to say is, about football.

WE ARE LEEDS, WE ARE LEEDS WE ARE LEEDS

GOING UP, M.O.T! <3

M.O.T ???? What the cock does that mean spasm-brain? Are you enjoying having Joe as duke? He's a prick but will get you to no.1 guaranteed. Stick with him.

DeletedUser

Yanks football is a sissy sport , British football is the real deal .

Actually I get glad if any southern team lose , and happy if any NW team win.