The Northern War

DeletedUser

The St Family and Aten both currently have their first major operations of the new year in progress.

Aten's is just a few days ahead of the St op, and seems to have, once again, netted many St strong zone villages for Aten.

Now it remains to be seen how the St offensive pans out.

Some statements from St leaders and high profile players:

Hreoaj
Saints Patriarch W2
CEG 2nd in command W8

Saints are the best strikers in the game...

Tien Lung

...it's clear Aten is losing the real and propaganda battle. Leave it be and lets see Idefix's reply in a few days.

Now why don't you scurry off and prepare your spin speech about how Idefix losing a bunch of front line villages doesn't mean Saints is turning around the only place where Aten is making any progress?

I'm going to enjoy you spinning your coming loses as an Aten victory. You're almost as convincing as Saddam's minister of information; "There are no American troops in Baghdad!" lol

big092701

Dont worry mate, you may become as good as some of us...someday

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does the world think? Will the success of the St offensive prove to be as large as the success of the Aten offensive. Will it be as large as their cocky statements would have us believe?

DeletedUser

Normally I would say that St offensive will be more sucsesfull

However given the nature of this post I get the feeling Aten have somthing up their sleeves

Best of luck aten, show us what your made of:icon_smile:

DeletedUser

st atebn

of course St's offensive will be more successfull. Unless aten uses their troops.
@aten...why do 3/4 of your players not participate...(wait 1/4 of your players is 2 times as much as St players) anyways somehwre about there...

DeletedUser

Normally I would say that St offensive will be more sucsesfull

However given the nature of this post I get the feeling Aten have somthing up their sleeves

Best of luck aten, show us what your made of:icon_smile:

I am curious as to why you would normally say St?

DeletedUser

erm because they are winning the war at present:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

erm because they are winning the war at present:icon_rolleyes:

That does seem to be the perception with some.

Despite all 4 major ops run by aten against them having been very successful and Aten pushing deeper and deeper into their strong territory.

DeletedUser

hahha

idefix is right aten have been getting better,,,

--->made a guy at 890k points and 65 villages in a huge cluster leave the game...peace!

DeletedUser

Despite all 4 major ops run by aten against them having been very successful and Aten pushing deeper and deeper into their strong territory.

well Ive only glanced over numbers so ill take your word for it

Go aten go! Crush em :p

DeletedUser

Aten|E is not Aten. cpt_jack, idefix, bad_monkey, Scarus and the others that post are not Aten.
Aten is a family of 19 tribes, all of which considered part of this war. All the villages are Aten villages. If twstats shows us taking more villages than you, by definition, we are winning. At the moment.

It's just a local issue if Atens forum posters and ingame elite have a positive score. Its a local issue if you guys are pushing into a K we are strong in. The villages we take from anonymous players are Aten villages and will be accounted in war scores.

If Aten leadership feels differently, I strongly reccomend you disregard those players as part of your family. Because to us, they are enemies just as relevant as the rest.
They are enemies left alone, enemies who got recruited where it made no sense for them to be recruited, enemies who decided to make a far-away cluster with no troops in it. They are still Aten.

You guys are happy you are pushing into K34. By the time you guys are done, 4 other Ks we did not dominate when the war began will be just as strong as 34. You'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

k123

I have a VERY good idea what 4 K'S those are,,,,

one of them is mine

DeletedUser

This was not a global attack on ATEN, just attacks by St A...it]s not that big...ST. R was not involved...so it's one branch vs 19 branches of ATEN....I wonder who has more troops?

DeletedUser

This was not a global attack on ATEN, just attacks by St A...it]s not that big...ST. R was not involved...so it's one branch vs 19 branches of ATEN....I wonder who has more troops?

lol, here comes the spin meister. :lol:

Sure, sure ... it is not that big... "only" St A, the second largest tribe in the game attacking.

DeletedUser

Anyone wanna do some number crunching from this latest Op by Aten? :)

DeletedUser1125

Northern War

I love this. Spinning before the attacks even hit.....lol

Scarus

DeletedUser1125

Northern War

Aten|E is not Aten. cpt_jack, idefix, bad_monkey, Scarus and the others that post are not Aten.
Aten is a family of 19 tribes, all of which considered part of this war. All the villages are Aten villages. If twstats shows us taking more villages than you, by definition, we are winning. At the moment.

It's just a local issue if Atens forum posters and ingame elite have a positive score. Its a local issue if you guys are pushing into a K we are strong in. The villages we take from anonymous players are Aten villages and will be accounted in war scores.

If Aten leadership feels differently, I strongly reccomend you disregard those players as part of your family. Because to us, they are enemies just as relevant as the rest.
They are enemies left alone, enemies who got recruited where it made no sense for them to be recruited, enemies who decided to make a far-away cluster with no troops in it. They are still Aten.

You guys are happy you are pushing into K34. By the time you guys are done, 4 other Ks we did not dominate when the war began will be just as strong as 34. You'll see.

Well, I've said this before, but why do you equate clensing your own continents of unfortunate isolated aten players with winning? Everyone admits that Aten is growing faster than it's enemies and that Aten is consistantly conquering many, many, more vils than it's enemies, so how could we be losing. Our enemies are taking some of our vils, granted, but their growth is severely impaired by the war, and ours is not.

Everyone talks about Aten's size as if it were an unfortunate accident, or some kind of liability. This was not an accident, and we are quite happy about it. The fact that we are growing much faster than our enemies means that we are winning. Again, we didn't just fall off the turnip truck, we did not just wake up one morning and go "oh no", we are growing too fast....lol Every tribe should have such misfortunes. Again, this game is not about tactics alone, but about strategy, and tactics.

As a matter of fact, we are winning both the strategic, and the tactical wars. As many of us have pointed out many times, we are spearheading major ops into enemy territory. What we initially established as small beach heads in enemy territory have now grown into established clusters that we are using as noble bases. We are thrusting into enemy territory while ST is picking off odds and ends of isolated vils that really have no "strategic" value at all. The fact is that ST has realized this. They have finally manned up, and have launched a major opp at Aten. You won't need to hang in suspense though as to the outcome. I think that it's pretty obvious that when the ST propaganda meister is already making excuses before the attacks even hit, that there should not be any great expectations on the part of the ST faithful.

I, for one, applaud their effort though. ST is truly one of the elite warrior tribes of W2. There is only a handful of tribes on this world who would venture to strike at an elite enemy in their stronghold, many days distant. Many have disparaged what this game is becoming. You hear a lot of comments about "tribal merges", and such, but what I see are a few strong tribes in both the north and the south that are engaging in major ops against elite enemies over a prolonged period of time. This is a major step up from our previous "World War". It's exciting to see how this world is evolving.

Scarus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I, for one, applaud their effort though. ST is truly one of the elite warrior tribes of W2. There is only a handful of tribes on this world who would venture to strike at an elite enemy in their stronghold, many days distant. Many have disparaged what this game is becoming. You hear a lot of comments about "tribal merges", and such, but what I see are a few strong tribes in both the north and the south that are engaging in major ops against elite enemies over a prolonged period of time. This is a major step up from our previous "World War". It's exciting to see how this world is evolving.

Scarus

I agree.

They are a good tribe and have some good players, although I am not that fond of some of their tactics.

DeletedUser4827

Well then you are going to have to qualify that statement otherwise it is meaningless.