The Not So Mighty Kraken

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Matt II

3: Since you're so sure IKEA didn't make anyone a diplomat after 3 days, after how many days did they appoint a diplomat? And how is it syupid to appoint a diplomat after 3 days if you know the person who you knew would be made the diplomat?

0. We haven't appointed anyone to anything yet. Any positions currently held in IKEA other than most sexiest member were decided before the world opened. :icon_razz:

Also to your last question, it's stupid because they promoted someone they'd known for a day to diplomat giving them privs when they had just left their "enemy" tribe a day earlier.

You posted replies that made no sence, when he flamed you for it you tried to use the excuse something like "i was drunk (i assume you were drunk since you mentioned beers), i couldn't write properly" when you knew you was replying. So the best thing would've been not to post at all, right?

And this is why I came to defend Mike, because he was drunk and couldn't reply himself. I noticed how that guy disappeared after my reply though.. I guess he got lost for words hmm? :icon_confused:

Last edited:

DeletedUser93754

Okay, so you've had your fun now eh Mike?

Infiltrating tribes in the first few weeks of a world is nothing uncommon, and finding a tribe which, for example, mass recruits, doesn't fit every player's ideology. Why? The wave of potential spies, recruites etc.

So, why does Kraken do this? To be honest, I was wary about the mass recuitment idea of the tribe, but for us, we've only encountered upon one problem - you :) Please take me in the lightest of heart.

As with many other tribes, without naming some, I know of at least 5 tribes that have:

a) Mass recruited.
b) Stayed in the top 5 of a world for at least 4 months. Which, again appealing to those that disagree with mass recruitment is quite a considerable length of time.

What you found is interesting, but rather than criticise those that you see as noobs, which evidently is a large proportion of the Kraken tribe, and dare I say family, why don't you focus on the many aspects of learning etc.

In the Kraken forums, as you are well aware, we have an ever updating "TW School" section. This, created by me, is an effort to teach those that are newer to the game. I find it more rewarding to not be in the top ranks of a world, but to know I have good players in my tribe, be it through teaching, or recruitment by chance.

Kraken also has troop and point deadlines. I do not agree with the latter, hence why the troop deadlines have become more frequent, and hopefully, will soon start to phase out the point deadlines.

Now, to make a judjement on you. My first opinions were not the best, but, he won't mind, like Mr. Shooting of w38. A good player, who is an idiot at times, but overall a good player. I only hope that if we are ever in a war together, you and I, or indeed tribal warfare, you can prove that you aren't all show and no go.

Regards,
Jellyfrog, Baron of Kraken w54

DeletedUser95962

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

In the Kraken forums, as you are well aware, we have an ever updating "TW School" section. This, created by me, is an effort to teach those that are newer to the game.

do you have a kindergarten aswell :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser93754

do you have a kindergarten aswell

We could well have one, I'm sure for those with a mental ability such as yourself would fit in just fine there ;D

DeletedUser95962

OOOoooo, big mistake flaming the Kraken family
there is 400 of you to defend yourselves

DeletedUser93754

All in jest of course :p

400? I don't know where you got that figure, member limit isn't that large is it?

DeletedUser93754

I see nothing wrong with family tribes. Admittedly, the inlaws do get in the way.

DeletedUser93754

400 still seems like an overexaggeration.

You must bear in mind we relinquished all responsibility of two of our Kraken tribes. They are related in name only.

King Matt II

Infiltrating tribes in the first few weeks of a world is nothing uncommon, and finding a tribe which, for example, mass recruits, doesn't fit every player's ideology. Why? The wave of potential spies, recruites etc.

It isn't uncommon as you say, but you're missing the point. Not only did your tribe recruit a spy, your tribe recruited that spy while he was still in the "enemy" tribe. You could've turned this around and got info on IKEA, but you didn't. Why, because you didn't think of doing that?

Then you promoted him to a diplomat because in your dukes own words "you did write elaborate proposals for the diplomacy chair". So words can get you a position in a tribe days after joining? You can't call this uncommon, simply put, your duke failed. Just so you know, it was me and a few others who wrote that "elaborate proposal" for him in the skype chat. :lol:

So, why does Kraken do this? To be honest, I was wary about the mass recuitment idea of the tribe, but for us, we've only encountered upon one problem - you :) Please take me in the lightest of heart.

What about ~AoE~? I heard they were farming quite a few of your members. What about your duke being cleared and catted? These aren't problems? Well, I guess you'll have a long and fulfilling time on W54 if you think being farmed, cleared and catted isn't a problem for you or your tribe.

As with many other tribes, without naming some, I know of at least 5 tribes that have:

a) Mass recruited.
b) Stayed in the top 5 of a world for at least 4 months. Which, again appealing to those that disagree with mass recruitment is quite a considerable length of time.

Once again, missing the point. The tribes that mass recruit that survive actually dismiss noobs and recruit experienced members. But from what I can see, I don't see why any experienced player would want to join Kraken unless it was to spy.

The tribe I'm thinking of that mass recruited, lasted 4 months and then failed in it's first major war, against a tribe that had 22 members compared to it's ~97.

And what about your blog? Half of the annoucements are reassuring your tribe that falling from the ranks is fine, and tribes like IKEA are only highly ranked because of their spread. If we're ranked so high because of our spread, then don't you think you're doing it wrong?

What you found is interesting, but rather than criticise those that you see as noobs, which evidently is a large proportion of the Kraken tribe, and dare I say family, why don't you focus on the many aspects of learning etc.

I'm glad you agree with me on this point. :)

In the Kraken forums, as you are well aware, we have an ever updating "TW School" section. This, created by me, is an effort to teach those that are newer to the game. I find it more rewarding to not be in the top ranks of a world, but to know I have good players in my tribe, be it through teaching, or recruitment by chance.

Well, I find it more rewarding to know that I have better than good players in my tribe, that we're not crying about dropping ranks on our public announcements, and that my members are loyal to the tribe. Nice to know that you're teaching your members how to play the game but it's a shame that their stay here will be so short.

Kraken also has troop and point deadlines. I do not agree with the latter, hence why the troop deadlines have become more frequent, and hopefully, will soon start to phase out the point deadlines.

I saw these in your announcements. 100 spears and swords and 20 scouts by the end of the break if I remember correctly. I'm glad you have such high expectations of your members troop counts, personally I wouldn't ask for more than a pony or two from IKEA. :scout:

Now, to make a judjement on you. My first opinions were not the best, but, he won't mind, like Mr. Shooting of w38. A good player, who is an idiot at times, but overall a good player. I only hope that if we are ever in a war together, you and I, or indeed tribal warfare, you can prove that you aren't all show and no go.

He doesn't need to prove anything, it's already proven.

I hope your short stay here isn't too painful, and wish you good luck on W55. :)

DeletedUser93754

Oh jellyfrog, why does it seem like you want to war IKEA xD

I like to fight xD

On the plus side, if IKEA continue to emply such tactics, then they will get to the top, and stay there (I noticed a 2 place drop in the rankings).

Still, you'll have to deal with a cunning old player such as myself :p

I think that a war between Kraken and IKEA will eventually break out. Whether it be straight after the attack breaks, or in a year, it will happen. But why sit here 'defending' our tribes as I am sure if we were to have a spy in IKEA, we would find many flaws too.

Wars aren't won with words, isn't that what troops are for?

Regarding your posts King Matt, as with many tribes, there will always be room for improvement. The beginning stages of a world is where great change happens before nobles are employed.

Regarding the Kraken Website, I haven't even visited it :S

Troop Deadlines, I haven't read anywhere anything regarding such measly troop counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well, you can't miss such a fun time dealing with cunning old players :)

My favorite part of this game :lol:

DeletedUser

I rarely engage in these types of arguments, but there's something I must say regarding everything you're saying.

You cannot judge, in retrospect, the quality of a tribe from random posts that you see on the off-topic forums or learning sections. There's a lot more to Kraken that a lot of people seem to have misjudged. A stereotype is, in it's own right, is a stereotype, and that's exactly what I see that you are trying to build.

A lot of the information presented in this thread is very old. I'd judge it ranging one or two weeks ago. Tribes can change a lot in that time. I can fully swear that mikebiscuit has been the only problem so far in the history of Kraken recruitment, which is a great comparison for the many top tribes in this world that have already submitted to various intel efforts by their adversaries.

If I was to compare this situation with other prominent tribes in this world, I'm absolutely sure there would be a larger positive turnout for Kraken than is clearly shown here.

DeletedUser

I rarely engage in these types of arguments, but there's something I must say regarding everything you're saying.

Not bad of a post... i must say though, making your blog/tribal site public was not exactly the best move. And while Kraken might be an organised tribe, it's still largely a very inexperienced tribe. Both in terms of members (which matters only somewhat seeing the amount of effort the leadership puts in) and the said leadership (which unfortunately is a bad combination).

Most important thing to do right now is:

1) Use this forum
2) Kick all inactives cough
3) Educate your members
4) Prove that you are no easy targets.
5) Kick all those members who don't want to educate, and merge to remove the need to be a family.

While I understand 4) will not be easy, and that you will not succeed in 75% of the cases, single victories like that of BTW or TBS can really change how tribes treat your members.

King Matt II

What about what I'm saying? Stop ignoring me. :)

You cannot judge, in retrospect, the quality of a tribe from random posts that you see on the off-topic forums or learning sections. There's a lot more to Kraken that a lot of people seem to have misjudged. A stereotype is, in it's own right, is a stereotype, and that's exactly what I see that you are trying to build.

Any judging of your tribe that I have done has been from the tribe as a whole, including your blog.

A lot of the information presented in this thread is very old. I'd judge it ranging one or two weeks ago. Tribes can change a lot in that time. I can fully swear that mikebiscuit has been the only problem so far in the history of Kraken recruitment, which is a great comparison for the many top tribes in this world that have already submitted to various intel efforts by their adversaries.

So all the noobs that you mass recruited that you've kicked so far for whatever reasons (inactivity, no troops, etc), weren't recruitment failures in your eyes?

If they weren't a problem, why were they kicked?

If I was to compare this situation with other prominent tribes in this world, I'm absolutely sure there would be a larger positive turnout for Kraken than is clearly shown here.

Compare it with IKEA. I'd love to hear it. :)

DeletedUser

Well that is the dream. :icon_cool:
We should also set up a Twitter account obvs.
I mean, people will want the minute by minute updates.

And a FB page where people can Like IKEA. :lol:

You are a genius! With twitter and Facebook we can spread the might of IKEA across the world! Into every city, street and household!

I think that a war between Kraken and IKEA will eventually break out. Whether it be straight after the attack breaks, or in a year, it will happen. But why sit here 'defending' our tribes as I am sure if we were to have a spy in IKEA, we would find many flaws too.

That depends, there is nothing useful on our forums. Well the 'Who is the smexiest in the tribe?' thread is useful.. but that's probably about it. I suppose that could be a flaw, but then there isn't much to talk about at the moment. Oh, and warham trying to seem cool. But that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.