The Old Paladin Items

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Dear players,

We often see it mentioned that you would like to see the old paladin system return to the game. This system was most notable because of its items.

Our developers would like to see your arguments for and against this system. Please let us know your thoughts in a constructive way:

1. What did you like about the system
  2. What did you dislike about the system
  3. Why do you want it back?

Additionally, we have enabled an in-game poll for this. You can head over to the game Settings > Surveys and cast your vote. The vote will end on Friday, June 24th.

Please note that regardless of the outcome of this poll, we can not promise we will be bringing them back. This discussion and poll only serve to measure its popularity and make some estimations.

We will make decisions afterward, based on the feedback that was provided, which also included the possibility of a redesign of the system. We do encourage people to actively discuss here (constructively) and not just vote as this does help us with our decision.

Thank you for your feedback!

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
People ask for the old system because of nostalgia, having 1 paladin with a item brings less than what the current system does.

The only problem with the current system is how strong defensive paladins does, and i have suggested some tweaks in order to balance them out.

I think it's a waste of resources and time to bring back the old system.

Tree hugger

Reaction score
Purely nostalgia, I'd like to see one world with old paladin items for shits and giggles, but I wouldn't want it back as a regular thing

Snowbrand

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It makes defending too easy and attacking frustrating and much harder, so a no for me.

lionguard32

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
What I liked about the old system vs the new system is that with the old system you had to pick which strength you wanted the pally to have for each battle whereas with the new system you can just pump up the offense and defense stats so it doesn't matter.

The only thing I didnt like about it was being the attacked and having to smash through a bonfire stack as the bonfire could tend to be just a little overpowered. Instead of a x10 multiplier it could maybe turned down to x5 or so to make it a bit more balanced.

I think this should be brought back even if only for a special world here and there, because it does add a funner element to the game and it would help bring many old players back that truly loved this setting as much as I did. New players never got to experience it and I do truly believe is will help save our somewhat dying game.

Lan Ka Bhoda

Reaction score
I hate paladin weapons. Either make it a point based weapons. we spend in game earned points and buy weapons with it. Cata even makes a Novice ultra strong.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
What I liked about the old system vs the new system is that with the old system you had to pick which strength you wanted the pally to have for each battle whereas with the new system you can just pump up the offense and defense stats so it doesn't matter.

The only thing I didnt like about it was being the attacked and having to smash through a bonfire stack as the bonfire could tend to be just a little overpowered. Instead of a x10 multiplier it could maybe turned down to x5 or so to make it a bit more balanced.

I think this should be brought back even if only for a special world here and there, because it does add a funner element to the game and it would help bring many old players back that truly loved this setting as much as I did. New players never got to experience it and I do truly believe is will help save our somewhat dying game.

How is a system with 1 paladin relevent to a world. The impact it has is soo small.

In the current system paladins get so much more use and you always feel their impact

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Old weapon system was fuckin awful.

Only 1 weapon was ever relevant for 90% of the world duration and anyone saying it was a good system probably never got past the early game except when they lucked into a bonfire first weapon. Remember the feelsbad when you got a fucking spear buff first weapon??

Having said that if you want to shove that system onto classic or hp game modes or whatever feel free my guy those noobs need all the help they can get it seems lol

dukefan7777777

Reaction score
Looking back to the W18 memories I remember the system a bit but honestly; I can only genuinely remember the bonfire due to it's insane meta. I cannot remember a single other item....Perhaps to better enhance this discussion the mods could post the old system as a refresher and for new users to look at and analyze for themselves.

With that being said, I really like the new Paladin setup but I see no reason to not experiment or bring back old items that were fazed out at the very least for a one world test run and to give all the people who are nostalgic about it some fun (and maybe even the mods can prove a point about the new system being better :p. Not really related at all, but one of the reason Fortnite has consistently stayed so popular is because they constantly faze new and old items in and out of their gameplay catering to all people who play with their ever changing dynamics. Food for thought.

Emma Frost

Reaction score
The new system is a huge turn off to play the game for me. I would much rather go to the weapons chamber- grab my weapon of choice and go to battle. The new system is lacking in almost every way and is basically only to make you guys money. I'm an old player that started playing 15ish years ago- coming back to play a skill game, because I'm tired of every game being a pay to win and being utterly disappointed in the fact the even tribal wars has caved to ruining a great game for more money. And the fact that you are now allowing co-players ruined the game even more. You have 40 player tribes that have 200 people in one tribe... and that's just one tribe- no wonder why the game is dying lol everyone is quadrupled up or more on one account.

So yea bringing back the weapons chamber would be a step in the right direction, but the game has gone so far off from its original greatness... I don't think it will make much difference.

auracraft

Reaction score
I hate the old items. ofc it's nice to find the bonfire item and become invincible but that's just messes up fair play
Actually Ive had a lot of success recruiting players who had the bonfire item so we easily bashed enemy bukes but tbh that's just spoils the game (I ranked #1 odD bashing a few dozen nukes while I would've been easily slayed without the item)

I also hate skillbooks :p Coz it screws up early game to mid game (m)Archers and Heavy Cavalry. I like recruiting Hcav when I have just 1st village but it's highly ineffective with skillbooks coz they're weaker much weaker than LC or swords if you have a fully equipped paladin

What I loved were the ARMY CAMPS where you could send 10 (?) village's worth of troops and launch attacks from there.

Last edited:

Jdog.

Reaction score
Bring it back. Why? To piss off the upper tier of players who whine and moan about every change because they’d rather play a stagnant game they can’t lose.

Me? I enjoyed the pally items, even if I got the spear and the “feelsbad” I got over it because I both have a sack and it added a bit of randomness to the game. It was exciting in the early stages to see what item you unlocked next.

Maybe you’ll keep a new player every now and then instead of hemorrhaging them because they’d have a chance to play if they got bonfire, maybe some P2W bottomdweller will quit the world in their place because of it. Win-Win situation.

While your at it, increase the space between players/barbs so the worlds Atleast ‘look’ bigger. Like they were before this became a P2W game.

Incoming impact

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I have played this game since W5 and would love to see the old pally back but only on special worlds.

An Example is every 10 worlds we see a no-haul with this old pally system or something along those lines. I do miss the old system a lot and I think a lot of the old school players would agree with that. The new pally system to geared heavily towards players who can afford to put a ton of PP into a world. You can just pay for the books and its makes it quite unfair. I am a big PP spender and know how much of an advantage it can give.

imdoo

Reaction score
The old pally system was sick tbh. people would go over the moon when they recieved bonfire. :D to summarize i would say

Nostalgia
More fair system as you cannot reconfigure your books for you pally
Also, I think it made pally's more effective which is important in my opinion

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The old pally system was sick tbh. people would go over the moon when they recieved bonfire. :D to summarize i would say

Nostalgia
More fair system as you cannot reconfigure your books for you pally
Also, I think it made pally's more effective which is important in my opinion
You have 10 times less pallies how is it more effective?

That statement is completely wrong

imdoo

Reaction score
you might be right on one hand that you have less pallies but the pally itself is stronger than the current pallies with books what i mean is for example with bonfire your pally becomes super strong at def