The Pillow Biters

DeletedUser

In my opinion, if a leader fails to take total (or almost) control of the tribe and its members, then the leader has failed.

DeletedUser

There's a reason for a council. So they can discuss the best interest and direction etc for the tribe, on behalf of the members.

There's no need to tell every demanding soul in the tribe what's going on. Sure some instances are crossed out and explanations are needed... But telling your members what's going on every dying second of the world while trying to play your account, manage the influx of mails, keep up to date with the forums, not to mention the insane amount of sitting requests you receive blah blah is enough to keep you busy.

Final word is members need to know what they're told. Not what they want to know.

If this is not the case, the leader may aswell disband the tribe, or appoint a new leader.

Wait, what did greeny do? Oh my bad.

DeletedUser

There's a reason for a council. So they can discuss the best interest and direction etc for the tribe, on behalf of the members.

There's no need to tell every demanding soul in the tribe what's going on. Sure some instances are crossed out and explanations are needed... But telling your members what's going on every dying second of the world while trying to play your account, manage the influx of mails, keep up to date with the forums, not to mention the insane amount of sitting requests you receive blah blah is enough to keep you busy.

Final word is members need to know what they're told. Not what they want to know.

If this is not the case, the leader may aswell disband the tribe, or appoint a new leader.

Wait, what did greeny do? Oh my bad.

Funny how suddenly players from W32, come to defend greenmonsta. So you want to say, that the #3 ranked tribe, which is doing reasonable against both TBP and LIFE, has only 4 skilled players?

That greenmonsta, who was pushing for a war against TBP, left rightfully, because AF is full of morons?

If you, as a leader declare on more than what your tribe can handle, then you fail as a leader. You can't always just blame the tribe, for your bad decisions.

greenmonsta

Funny how suddenly players from W32, come to defend greenmonsta. So you want to say, that the #3 ranked tribe, which is doing reasonable against both TBP and LIFE, has only 4 skilled players?

That greenmonsta, who was pushing for a war against TBP, left rightfully, because AF is full of morons?

If you, as a leader declare on more than what your tribe can handle, then you fail as a leader. You can't always just blame the tribe, for your bad decisions.

A previous leader got us into a war on W32, and completely screwed it up. We were losing, and the tribe was in a mess. Our opposing tribe brought in a few of their allies to help finish us off. I took over and got to work telling people what to do. We won.

We only won because they didn't spend months questioning me, they did as asked, trusted that I knew what I was doing, and hammered our enemies. All I did was tell them what to do, they all got together and did it. The way I see it, a leader is there just to help guide the tribe in the right direction.

If these guys did the same, I can promise you that AF would have pretty much won the war(s) by now.

As for AF doing reasonably....

Side 1:
Tribes: AF
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: LIFE TBP T.B.P! -TBP-
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 54
Side 2: 197
Difference: 143

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 539,799
Side 2: 1,921,339
Difference: 1,381,540

image.php

DeletedUser

A previous leader got us into a war on W32, and completely screwed it up. We were losing, and the tribe was in a mess. Our opposing tribe brought in a few of their allies to help finish us off. I took over and got to work telling people what to do. We won.

We only won because they didn't spend months questioning me, they did as asked, trusted that I knew what I was doing, and hammered our enemies. All I did was tell them what to do, they all got together and did it. The way I see it, a leader is there just to help guide the tribe in the right direction.

If these guys did the same, I can promise you that AF would have pretty much won the war(s) by now.

Side 1:
Tribes: AF
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: LIFE TBP T.B.P! -TBP-
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 54
Side 2: 197
Difference: 143

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 539,799
Side 2: 1,921,339
Difference: 1,381,540

image.php

These stats aren't complete as we did that TBP kick some members because they were losing villages (or the sitter wasn't good at all) as ARIANARA, Tiihii or orcranger in AF we doesn't do the same...

DeletedUser

Green, coming from you, the high council should had a clear idea for what were the plans. I told you, some have it and people blind follow everything, others don't have it and people doubt about all things. AF had good leaders before you and the tribe players were almost the same moronic, as you say, that kept tribe ranked #1. The thing is you talk more to public forums than to the tribe: the discussions you debate around here are far more important for your ego than those «elite» opinions your council had to give you.

w32 is a noob world compared to w4, any conclusion taken from there is mediocre thought for this long lasting old spot.

Take a look at wise words from Highque, he's a impartial opinion since he is in TBP.

Moreover RCK and IB are doing a good job, as said, and the council members are super. Entire tribe feels good and happy to play this fun game.

greenmonsta

w32 is a noob world compared to w4, any conclusion taken from there is mediocre thought for this long lasting old spot.

You were doing ok with your argument until that point. That just completely destroyed any weight your argument possessed.

Theres a tribe similar to OA currently running rank 1 in W32. I'm sure you remember OA? Yeah.

And this world? It's dead. Inactive tribes with bad leadership for the most part, any decent member has long since left and given their accounts to n00bs.

DeletedUser

You still seem to ignore the fact, that this is a much older world. I have played in a new world with OpenEye and a bunch of other "legends". The funny thing is, that even the "elite" players have their own agenda and priorities. It just makes much less of a difference, that people have their own agenda, when everyone is basically fighting in the same continent. Somehow it's quite easy to involve even selfish players, if they know that if the tribe falls, they will be gone in a month.

Obviously AF had a war going on with LIFE, with 40.000 villages. A war, that seemed to be quite equal, and never ending. Even if LIFE would have stopped fighting, and every AF player would be nobeling optimally, it would have taken more than 6 months. Then AF leadership decides to declare on TBP, adding another 70.000 enemy villages.

I don't want to question your skills as war planner. I don't know anything about that. But if a leader plans the war efforts 1+ years into the future, without having the backup of the tribe members. Then it is a failure, as a leader.

Everyone can be a leader in tribal wars. But earning the trust and respect of the members, is difficult. After declaring on TBP, instead of just letting them help fight LIFE, I don't think it is strange that AF players question the judgement of the leadership.

Reasonably, as in considering the fact that they are fighting 2 tribes, equalling more than twice their size.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sure green, disband w4 then. We all know from you that w32 are la créme de la créme of the strongest big warriors, ancient war gods, magnificent lead by you in visionary Hostile tribe.

Anyone remembers OA, for me it has been only a myth. When things get tough, those beautie queens were dead. But wait, this is not a speed round.

I just wonder how can you spend so much time in w4 forums moaning all of these players that still stand. For you it seems all tribes are dead, all players are noobs, all things are fool. Take a look at yourself mate, you're becoming anger man. :icon_wink:

Shiberu

And this world? It's dead. Inactive tribes with bad leadership for the most part, any decent member has long since left and given their accounts to n00bs.

I found this funny, too. Yeah, this world is dead but I wouldn't say all or most of the leadership is bad. And I don't really believe that its only the noobs that are left.

You know green, you would sound more convincing if you didn't come back here so often and kept posting. This way you just seem stubborn and unwilling to give up a grudge. Stick to W32. Just disinterested advice.

Last edited:

greenmonsta

I found this funny, too. Yeah, this world is dead but I wouldn't say all or most of the leadership is bad. And I don't really believe that its only the noobs that are left.

You know green, you would sound more convincing if you didn't come back here so often and kept posting. This way you just seem stubborn and unwilling to give up a grudge. Stick to W32. Just disinterested advice.

When I leave, these forums die.

You guys need me to keep this place going ;)

Sithz, if I disbanded AF I would be bragging about it from inside another tribe.

DeletedUser49981

Cripes, bitching about your old tribe on a public forum. Real classy and shows 'great' leadership.

DeletedUser7846

Well.

I agree with Green in some respects, and others I don't.

As for his idea that there need not to be a council, he is correct. A dictatorship is the ideal way of running a tribe on Tribal Wars. You can have a council there for little decisions like "Should we let this member in" etc, but for the rest you just have to make the decision yourself.

As we all know, AF was originally APOC and FLX. FLX was led by a player named Braund. Now he was a dictator. He had one or two main off-siders (Nimiza and I [Nimiza being the brains]) His complete dictatorship led the tribe to great heights. After the merge, I became duke of AF (With Jupiter, then Lord OOL (who I forced out of the game due to his idiocy) and then finally, the original Red Cross Knight. RCK and I ran a tight dictatorship, until I slowly became inactive.

Anyway, after I started to become inactive, AF's leadership was more council based. This went on for a while, and green was promoted to duke. Now the reason why he wasn't well received was that players weren't used to dictatorship anymore, and as such, his attempts were unfortunately unsuccessful. I have always said if AF had of followed green, it would be in a much better position then it is today. I by no means aim to offend the current leadership who I'm sure are very capable.

I don't agree with the AF=shit though, as the core of it is a good tribe, just a few selfish players. (One of them went to GX :eek:)

Anyway I'm tired so apologies for the lack of sense.

DeletedUser

thanks for the kind words SDA ;) but i was kinda sick of the stupidity and inactivity in AF and after a few tries and no success moving was the best option but that doesn't mean i'm a selfish player.

ancient13

Selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others;The word selfish is an adjective and is used to describe people who are self- centred and self serving;

Selfish Meaning and Definition. (a.) Caring supremely or unduly for one's self; regarding one's own comfort, advantage, etc.

DeletedUser

Selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others;The word selfish is an adjective and is used to describe people who are self- centred and self serving;

Selfish Meaning and Definition. (a.) Caring supremely or unduly for one's self; regarding one's own comfort, advantage, etc.

Certainly not the death knight I know. He is a wonderful team player here in GX.