The Rising, The Ride and a Assassination

DeletedUser

lets play tribal wars :icon_twisted:

but i wanted to see how it ends? i bet your in the story you know the strong silent seeker of the truth that brings honor to the family name and save a cute princess

DeletedUser

but i wanted to see how it ends? i bet your in the story you know the strong silent seeker of the truth that brings honor to the family name and save a cute princess

Well i hope he's wearing shades, when he rescues the Cute Princess (nice work if you can get it!)..or those Fiery yellow eyes , might give her a bit of a shock :)

I did have a post i wrote on a train, but cant seem to export it... perhaps in a bit :)

TheHowling

I agree, it would be nice.

Stuff like this keeps things interesting :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

This story may seem olddly prophetic... but it was not, just an alarming coincidence :D

DeletedUser83759

alarming coincidence?

So far it's nearly bang on the money.

DeletedUser9212

Finally after many days RedLance reaches the agreed upon meeting place. The calm of the small groove in sharp contrast to the massive wars and death raging in the world around him. Truely many disturbing words fell upon his ears on his journey. As he dodged the armies and patrols to make his way here. He also spoke with many a traveler either moving in trade or fleeing the wars.

He now knew of the disbanding of -34-. With many of their stoutest hearts moving into the Riders or Ninjas. Also although disturbing is the knowledge that some of -34- betrayed their vows and raised Gotrob banners. He well knows that fear will creep into many a persons heart when they face possible death and will cause them to do things for their loved ones that they would not usually contemplate.

Anger and hatred now flowed freely from his heart with word also of what had been done to his own Tribemates. The Lords Monolithe and Destiny101 had been attacked unprovoked by Ruey3 of Gotrob. Monolithe had barely escaped with a few of his people to a new location in the mountains. But the word was that Ruey3 continously attacks his small restart of a village, not with the intent of taking it but instead trying to make Monolithe suicide and end his line in this world forever. Destiny had lost all his villages except for three and Ruey was doing the same tactics to him. One can but wonder at the twisted, sick and warped mind of a person who would take pleasure in doing this to someone.

Sending a messenger bird to certain individuals who specialized in assasination. He layed out the plans to have Ruey3's progeny removed from this world so that the evil seed would no longer pollute this world. Being away as he was he could not take direct action himself. Ruey3 would meet death on the battlefield as fate cared little for individuals that twisted and evil such as that never survives.

Building a small fire he prepares a stew for his dinner as he awaits the others. Breaking out a small camp desk he makes adjustments to his plans to present to his fellow Lords for when they arrive. Things were definatly moving faster than he had anticipated that they would. But as fast as they were happening. They only called for small changes in the overall plans to bring light back into this world and beat off the darknes of evil that tried so hard to creep its way into good peoples hearts.

He had made a promise to his people and himself when he was betrayed earlier in this world. That those who did it would not survive in this world for their actions. It had been done to him twice. The first to do it was destroyed and gone.

DeletedUser9212

Darkness, despair, pain, suffering unimaganable...Burning villages and people...Hope all but lost...Death. With a gasp RedLance awakens from the nightmare. The campfire burned down to just the red glow of embers. That moment in the night when all is quiet and anything is possible. Sitting up he realizes his dagger is in his hand. Unable to shake the nightmare off he listens to the silence surrounding him. Evil tries in many ways to invade ones heart even in your dreams.

But he knows this was something even more. No longer can he await the others. Breaking camp and packing what few belongings he brought with him. He writes a message for any of the others that may make it here.

My Dearest Friends,

I can no longer await you here to discuss what must be done. You will find me back in my own lands. The time for secret meetings is over. Meet me at your conveniance in the open and back in our homelands. There is still much we need to discuss.

R

Slowly he lead his Horse thru the darkness of the deepwoods to begin the journey home. Just as the sun starts to rise he reaches the edge of the woods. In utter amazement his eyes fall upon a host of horsemen. A rider approaches him and a growl escapes his lips.

RedLance; Lord Djorun what the bloody hell are you doing here. He growls at the head of his personal guard.

Chuckling Djorun replies; Now Milord you may be our Leader and one of the Leaders of the Tribe. But last I checked it's my rear in the sling if anything happens to you. Now Milord are you finished running around the countryside or do I need to kill some more misguided souls trying to keep me from your side?

Shaking his head RedLance clasps his arm tightly. No my friend the time for running around doing nothing is over. Riding up to his men his voice booms across the field.

Guards, Knights, Squires...Today we ride for home in all haste. The darkness is falling across the Land and there is not much time left. It will be a fight and some will die...Chuckling...Hell all of us will problably die. But let us give a fight such as will be remembered for generations to come. That though we be few. Our Hearts beat with a light and a courage unmatched in this world. Unfurl the Banners. Let the Eagle fly.

As One the Thirty Thousand Heavy Cavalry throw back their cloaks revealing their gleaming Black and Silver armor. With a Roar echoed by every voice in the host and followed by the sounding of 500 horns. RedLance takes off at a gallop with Lord Djoran at his side and the men of the Eagle Watch behind him.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Really enjoying the story Redlance, was just wondering if you could take some extra time to put quotation marks around dialogue?
just makes it easier to read and less confusing for me.

DeletedUser9212

A dust cloud rising for miles behind him. RedLance rides over the last hill before he see his Home City below him. Taking a deep breath of the air of home. He makes his way down the hill and towards the city gates, His Legions of personal Guards following him. Reigning his horse in front of the keep, he is met by several of his advisors. His Seneschal informs him that Lord Gills28 of Ninjas has requested to meet with him as soon as he returns.

His throat coated with the dust of the road he takes a deep drink of water from his flask and sends word that he will meet Gills28 at his conveniance as soon as Gills can come to his city. Sitting at his desk he groans at the pile of reports, papers and proclamations in front of him and bellows for a pitcher of wine and food as he settles back into the mundane tasks that so many normaly do not see, but that take up so much of his time and effort.