The Saint

DeletedUser

She was known by her peers as Saint Aislinn and was the much beloved mother figure for most W2V members. She was a core member from the beginning and was the essence of W2V. There was a sadness in the camp when she left after the [T] war but council held onto her account for months in the hope that she would come back and get the win with her tribe. She did make a comeback 4 months later after some ‘gentle’ prodding but today her account officially vanished from W56. Even though I am in the enemy tribe, it is a sad thing to have the one person that truly personifies a tribe, delete.

Glynjack was a solid and key figure for W2V but he did not evoke the kind of emotions that Aislinn did. I recall hearing about her stories from Sheep days (way before my time) and then how members would run to her protection if ever anything was said against her. A piece of W2V died when glynjack left but today the heart and soul of W2V has died.

I was very upset when a good friend of mine from a prior world deleted recently so I can imagine what it is like for those that remain in W2V when the person is a good friend, for not just a few, but for the bulk of the tribe. Many have said that it is not the Tag that makes the tribe, it is the people. That statement rings especially true today.

She won’t be the last casualty in this war but she is surely one of the ones that will be missed the most by W2V-R and will leave a hole that no number of new recruits and replacements can fill. It would be akin to someone like GP deleting. Ironically, it’s the price of end game warfare that we were trying so hard to avoid at one point.

Anyways, I wish Aislinn the best of luck in real life and hope she enjoys her new found freedom.

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For her greatest detractor (some would say jealousy personified), you sure show a forked tongue by posting this.

For someone who preached that the smallest MM members should be allowed an invite too for their social value, you should know that ingame presence is not always analogous to actual presence.
Or is this another two-rulers thing, in your zeal to matter? Aislinn has not 'died' and can still be found on both facebook and skype.

I'll agree with your 'best of luck' line, although I can't help but suspect a hint of spite in your tone. Glad to be rid of a principled, headstrong, honest rival, perchance? Too bad Saints don't pass on their titles, eh. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Aislinn has not 'died'

Then who the heck is that passed out or asleep on the couch in the w2v break room for the past 12 days?:icon_eek:

I'd assumed of course that it was Aislinn lying in state.

DeletedUser

For her greatest detractor (some would say jealousy personified), you sure show a forked tongue by posting this.

For someone who preached that the smallest MM members should be allowed an invite too for their social value, you should know that ingame presence is not always analogous to actual presence.
Or is this another two-rulers thing, in your zeal to matter? Aislinn has not 'died' and can still be found on both facebook and skype.

I'll agree with your 'best of luck' line, although I can't help but suspect a hint of spite in your tone. Glad to be rid of a principled, headstrong, honest rival, perchance? Too bad Saints don't pass on their titles, eh. :icon_wink:

I have never been the jealous type so I can't even begin to comprehend how one could be jealous of an online persona. I mean, what am I supposed to be jealous of? Do her fake villages do more then my fake villages can do? No. All I did was point out that a player that has been absent from the game for the 4 months prior to the merge talks is not more worthy of a win than smaller -MM-players that had remained loyal and in the tribe for the entire time. I had no issue with Aislinn's account being invited as long as all the -MM- players were given the same courtesy. We know that didn't happen. Regardless, that was a game related issue and had nothing to do with her as a person - I have no idea what she is like in real life and probably never will.

All the females I am friends with on TW are strong and principled - Joann, Niyah, Freddy to name just a few. She was on the enemy side and I treated her as such IN GAME. It doesn't mean I have anything against her outside of W56. Get a reality check Rukoh, seriously.

I took it upon myself to do a nice goodbye topic for one of the bigger names in both tribes. If you truly cared for her you wouldn't be on here trying to derail and trash this thread. If anyone is being spiteful here, it is you.

DeletedUser

@DH; Of course dear, of course. :icon_rolleyes: Figures that you would try to come across as saintly now that Ais is gone (despite hating her guts). Coincidence? I think not. :icon_wink:

@Z; They've been dropping, down to 3k :icon_eek:
I think I'll ask the three people who sent incoming to send some more, lest I get lonely. :lol:

DeletedUser

Only solid and key figure W2V needs is Choco Death... As long as he is about, there will always be a W2V I am sure

DeletedUser

Aislinn hasn't been around for months....

Hardly a casualty of war, though you're correct, she will be missed IG, she won't be missed out of it because she's still around for those who enjoy conversations with her.

DeletedUser

Aislinn hasn't been around for months....

Oh, so you were lying in the other thread when talking about how many people you have lost? Just kidding, I knew you were lying all along. That seems to be your standard operating procedure.

DeletedUser

Oh, so you were lying in the other thread when talking about how many people you have lost? Just kidding, I knew you were lying all along. That seems to be your standard operating procedure.

Hardly active =/= lost.

Congrats, you caught me in a moment of semantical weakness.

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

yes we feel sad about ais going barb...but still imo this thread is highly exaggerated

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@DH; (despite hating her guts)

You can't seriously be that delusional. I barely knew her and hate is such a big word, even for rl circumstances. All I know about the real Aislinn is that she was a middle-aged woman. We barely got to talk as she was never there in council chats until she came back for the merge. She very rarely spoke in the joint chat and we never pm'd.

Using her ACCOUNT as an example INGAME is not equal to me despising/hating her IRL. Try and separate. Maybe reading those books you used as an excuse to hide like a coward last year would be a good start.

@ Willy: It's so cute that MoM is the core of W2V now. All you need to do is convince DK to give you that tag and profile pic.

DeletedUser

aislinn is the heart and soul...mom is the core...pfft you are way off. if you'd ever been lucky enough to be invited to one of our karaoke nights you'd know that sgtboo is the true heart and soul and core of w2v. there isnt a single Donna Summer song that that guy doesnt nail!

also - we found a long sleeved and belted white jacket gathering dust in the conference room. assume its yours but we'll need a forwarding address to courier it

DeletedUser

Hating someone's guts is a figure of speech, luckily. It doesn't actually mean that you hate their guts, but it indicates profound dislike. There is plenty of reason for me/us to conclude that you had a profound dislike/jealousy arrangement with Aislinn whereby snide comments are the rule rather than the exception. But hey, feel free to maintain that you're actually a saint, it suits you. :icon_biggrin:
I didn't say anything about RL, though you did: Freudian slip? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Who says Im not around any more (bandit)
[spoil]

monicks-hugs_for_you.jpg
[/spoil]