The Scavenging Guide - The Future of Early Game Farming

• Thread starter DeletedUser121448
  • Start date

DeletedUser123773

Aren't you the same ghio1 steve? The one who ddos'ed me? lmao
I've done childish actions in the past, and I'd say I've been punished justly for what I've done.

I just enjoy providing guides and showing people the most optimal levels of play through math and statistics rather than cheating/botting.

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
I've done childish actions in the past, and I'd say I've been punished justly for what I've done.

I just enjoy providing guides and showing people the most optimal levels of play through math and statistics rather than cheating/botting.
I liked playing with ya the one world I did. You were a decent guy to chat with on skype. Just lame of you ddos me lol. All is forgiven bro :p

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
How is that posible in a world that is about 15-20 days open ?

https://prnt.sc/q5h18v

It’s not. Nobling barbs and scavenge is so bad and only noobs do it. You should never ever scavenge and don’t even think about changing your playstyle to fit the meta.

Rush LC and farm barbs, then call BobOnFire a cheater and everything will soon work out okey.

And the real answer is more complex and I have done some guides that I might translate from Swedish to English if that would be interesting.
/Bob

kk1ng

Reaction score
It’s not. Nobling barbs and scavenge is so bad and only noobs do it. You should never ever scavenge and don’t even think about changing your playstyle to fit the meta.

Rush LC and farm barbs, then call BobOnFire a cheater and everything will soon work out okey.

And the real answer is more complex and I have done some guides that I might translate from Swedish to English if that would be interesting.
/Bob

I'm not calling anyone cheater mate, I'm just asking :)

DeletedUser123825

/Bob

Yes that would be really interesting. Also a link to swedish discussion can work (google translate ftw)

donki

Reaction score
Firstly, lets be real, it's near impossible to implement a feature that benefits noobs more than 'veterans'. Obviously there are a few ways ie morale or being unable to attack a noob if you are experienced etc. But in general the reality is that any feature you put in the game, even when beneficial to the new player, will almost always benefit the experienced player more.

Back on topic though -

No. You need to be splitting more efficiently than that. I don't know any coding or anything so I can't even find the source code to sift through, but apparently you can do that if you know how, to be able to find the factors relevant to the world. Based on the above mentioned figures for UK35 though, you can actually get excel to tell you what the splits are. If anyone can get the factors for 98 and post them that would be great.

For now though, you can download my excel sheet here, which is based on something made by @JSluggy.

How it works:
  1. First, open the document on excel (I am unsure if it will work on google sheets)
  2. The only thing you actually have to fill in is your troop counts, where I've highlighted green.
    • Once you hit LC I'd recommend only using spears and the 60 swords you end up with if you did the quests for scavenging. As mentioned earlier on this thread, sp/lc is probably your best bet. I'm not even bothering with axes for now.
    • You will see next to each unit under 'send per spear' how many of each unit to send per spear the calculation will give. (So if calculation says send 10 spears, you'd need to send 25 axes to fill that quota
  3. Go to tools -> Excel Add-ins -> check the box for solver.
  4. Then again, tools -> solver. This opens a dialogue box.
  5. Set Objective: click K6, and select 'max'.
  6. By changing variable cells: this depends on which levels you have unlocked. If only up to level 3, select cells G2 - I2. If Lvl 2, G2 - H2, and G2 - J2 if lvl 4.
  7. Subject to the constraints: Click add. In cell reference, click K2. In constraint click L2. The sign in the middle must be '='. Click ok.
  8. Click solve. Give it a second, then when the dialogue box comes up, click 'Keep solver solution', and click ok. I'd advise also first clicking to save the scenario. This way it's quick to re-run. You will now see in the box for Qty of spears how many spears or the equivalent of how many spears if you're using other units as well, to send per level. This will maximise your loot per hour.

The way to use this best is when you wake up, or any time you have no scavenging runs out, or if your troop counts have changed significantly at all. When any of the above is true, re-enter your new troop counts in (obviously excluding any you are keeping at home or using to farm normally), then run the solver again. Then as soon as a scavenge returns, resend those troops and anything else that's trained in that time. This way you keep your troops working all the time, and your recruits will constantly be cycled in as well. Doing this will maximise your loot per hour, and is clearly more efficient than just sending 200/200/200. (For 600 sp 209/205/185 is actually most efficient with only the first 3 lvls).

Also worth noting, don't use your pally to scavenge (except right when you start out). His res bonus is greater than his contributions to loot per hour.

As I said, if anyone has the correct factors for 98, please post them. And if anyone spots any errors in the sheet or anything also please do say!

Edit: Thanks @JSluggy for providing the correct figures for 98. I have re-uploaded the spreadsheet, so now it's accurate for 98 :)
Cannot find the spreadsheet anymore

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Would personally love to get any sort of start up guide from the Swedish king himself, if only just to better understand how he continues to dominate his opponents. Personally would still say that long term, farming will overrule scavenging, outside of pp abuse. But I don't think anyone can argue that scavenging is not the king of start-up.

lodi94

Reaction score
can you share that?

How to read:
It's a classic csv file. The first column ("lance") is the totale number of spears you have. If you have different kind of troops just use "equivalent spears" according to their loot capacity (i.e. 10 swords = 10 * 15/25 spears). "Slot" are the scavenging levels (1 is the worst). First link is for 3 levels (the last column is always 0),tge second is whit all the lvl unlocked.

Deleted User - 848915016

@lodi94 it is not balanced per time of scavenging, right? Is it balanced to maximum performance or what? :)

Deleted User - 848915016

Thanks! Do you have excel or something? I am interested in looking into it and I am also thinking about making script for this, but that would need to cover more than 2000 of spears. Then I would have to make it work with spears and then other units.

Do you also have csv when other combination is better? (like sometimes it is better to have only level 2 and 3 etc.) :)

lodi94

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you have excel or something? I am interested in looking into it and I am also thinking about making script for this, but that would need to cover more than 2000 of spears. Then I would have to make it work with spears and then other units.

Do you also have csv when other combination is better? (like sometimes it is better to have only level 2 and 3 etc.) :)

yes, i have some excel spreadsheet whith some comparison between different troop allocation.
Make a script is quite hard because there isn't an analytic easy way to found the best allocation (or at least i didn't find it); it's also not so usefull because you would need it just for the first run (if you never stop the troops will come back at different times so you just send all the avaible troops in the avaible slot).
If you use this setup it's always better to use all the avaible slots, if you add me on discord (@liberodaniele) i can share whith you my comparison file :)