The Settings

DeletedUser

Ohai,

After MTAR's inspirational rant yesterday (within the Golden Awards thread :lol:), I've been thinking of what we could have some discussion on. Possibly to inject some debate/discussion in to these young forums.

So...

[SPOIL]
W57 settings said:
Speed: 1.25
Unit speed: 1.0
Paladin: Yes, with weapons
Archers: No
Church enabled: No
Noble system: Gold coins
Morale: Points and time based
Bonus villages: Yes
Barbarian villages: Grow to 2500 points
Tech system: Simple
Beginner protection: 3 days
Tribe limit: 150 (ranking based on top 20)
Other info: Players can choose their starting direction. There will be an attack and support gap of 100ms. This world has a fake limit.
[/SPOIL]

My question to you is what do you like about the settings, and what would you change if you could and why? Naturally I'll kickstart.

In my own opinion W57 does seem a tad easy. Fake limit doesn't really do anything apart from decrease the amount of fakes you're going to get at late game (I'd personally never have this limit implemented on any rworld). Coins make it easier for nobling, as opposed to packages - you don't lose coins when you've lost a village. And pally weapons makes it so much easier to fend off attacks when nobling starts to happen. Tribal limit is also a tad OTT for me.

I like the speed as it isn't stupidly fast for anyone who has a job to play. The barbarian growth is ok-ish, but I'd of toned it down a tad more. You know at 2500 points, someones going to have a buffet late game ¬.¬.

Anyway, let us know your opinion :)

- Karl

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hm, the settings are good, as you said with the pally weapons and coins, but the disadvantage is the militia, thou only a problem early in game, around now, a player who checks in once a day, might get lucky and log on when your attack is coming (eg. a clearing attack) and he'll call up militia (probably around 150) and that could kill most of your troops, so it'd prove a small problem this early when you're trying to clear half-inactive players.

DeletedUser

• Speed is what i don't like, i love speed 2, love playing on my feet in a fast paced world.
  • weapons are fine to me, as long as it isnt the new weapons (bonfire increases cat def x 10, hate dying on a cat vil)
  • Morale is and always has been the worst thing since before amy camps and church, it just really pisses me off that you have to wait for your opponent to get bigger to noble a couple vils, then wait again. You cant properly rim somebody this way.
  • I am still yet to play a world where barbs are disabled, the disabled raiding on w56 why cant they disable barbs?
  • rankings based on top 20 will bring small tribes into top 20 more easily which will be interesting!

This is just my 2 cents worth :D

DeletedUser

• I am still yet to play a world where barbs are disabled, the disabled raiding on w56 why cant they disable barbs?

Interesting idea, that would make endgame a LOT more interesting as well. Although I can think of soe technical problems.

DeletedUser

Interesting idea, that would make endgame a LOT more interesting as well. Although I can think of soe technical problems.

Hmm, im quite sure they can remove villages :~
And disabling bonus barbs shouldn't be too hard?

DeletedUser

elaborate on the technical problems?

-If a player quits. What happens? The villages just disappear? Seems impossible to work that out. Leave the villages as the players owndom? Then it would get a lot harder to find out who quit, and besides of that would it be pretty much bad for the tribe.
-In the start, everyone would have to noble a player. This means, in the first 3 weeks of the game, over 70% of all players would have been gone already by either inactivity or being nobled. It would be a very hard world for new players, and considering the fact that TW is always looking for new players and is always stimulating a process of 'teaching the noobs' I'd say this would go against their own cause.
-What would become of spiking?:icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:
-I'm sure there's more that I'm just not thinking of right now.

DeletedUser

Then mabye disable restart option, and when the player goes to delete their account it goes to TW support and they automatically delete the village as well? (This could be an automated proccess)

DeletedUser

I like faster worlds, so kind of a bummer coming back to a slow one, but it works.
I don't care about paladins, but I don't see them being extra useful without weapons later on.
Coins are cool, makes stuff go faster, but easier too, dunno what to say.
I love the rankings being based on the Top 20 Members, but totally lame combined with the 150 Max members limit. Either have both high or both low would go smoother, imo.
Would be sweet without barbs, or at the very least ones that don't grow to 2500.

DeletedUser

Then mabye disable restart option, and when the player goes to delete their account it goes to TW support and they automatically delete the village as well? (This could be an automated proccess)

This would leave huge gaps between villages, making nobling like something you need to travel 60 hours for. Especially later in game.

DeletedUser

This would leave huge gaps between villages, making nobling like something you need to travel 60 hours for. Especially later in game.

But if that did happen, players would start out nearer? So instead of the barbs taking up the space new players who register would start out there?

DeletedUser

But if that did happen, players would start out nearer? So instead of the barbs taking up the space new players who register would start out there?

But you still got the thousands who quit and there village goes *poof* before nobles. That's already a lot of space. (Sorry if i'm stealin' anyone's thunder, i felt left out.)

DeletedUser

Could be, but think of later in game. A 18 mil player quits. Any idea what kind of a gap that leaves? It could actually become a tactical move to remove some accounts to make a defensive wall against another tribe. I admit, it gives new opportunities, but really, no way this could possibly work.

DeletedUser

Then there would be no point of no-barb world because without them there wouldnt be enough villages -_-

DeletedUser

I believe w36 fitted just that.

W36 was epic ^_^

______

Guys, can we stay on topic please. You're wandering off in to the Settings for next world thread in General forum, or Suggestions.

My question to you is what do you like about the settings, and what would you change if you could and why? Naturally I'll kickstart.

DeletedUser

Sorry chief.

As for these settings:

I like the speed, although 1.50/1.75 would suit me better. Unit speed should really be higher for my liking.
Coins, well you like it or you don't. I do.
No church is always good.
Pally or not doesn't really bother me.
Actually, I don't give a damn aboout settings, I really don't understand people who only play certain settings. It's all the same game, if you think of yourself as a good player, you must be able to play any kind of settings right? I could of course understand people who don't co-play to not start a speed 3 world. That's something different of course.

The only settings I really don't like is church enabled. But that's not the case in this world.

DeletedUser

Yeah ok :p
Well then i already said my opinion about militia :D
But my favourite setting would be the pally weapons, can really help, especially with cats.

EDIT: The people who play certain settings, well, they can play different settings but they just prefer the ones they like?