The statement of DWL Re: FTR v Aos Coalition

DeletedUser

Greetings to the Forum,

I am aceofcups, Duke of DWL2. I now inform this Forum that DWL,DWL2 and DWL3 declare ourselves to be neutral in the war FTR v AoS Coalition. The specific meaning of our neutrality is that we will not stand in attack with or against either side. We are a group of tribes which seek only peace and harmony with other tribes and it is with these aims in mind that we declare ourselves to be neutral.
Effective: immediately.

I thank the Forum.

DeletedUser1089

What's the point of having allies if you won't support them? Particularly when their enemy does not appear to be on your alliance list, though FTR2 is on your NAP list. Cowards.

Lukie

What's the point of having allies if you won't support them? Particularly when their enemy does not appear to be on your alliance list, though FTR2 is on your NAP list. Cowards.
This is news to me.

DeletedUser

Gentlemen,
The issue of support while neutral has already been discussed in this Forum.
It is my duty as Duke to steer my tribe along the path which is best for the members of my tribe. If you beleive that placing the needs of my tribe above satisfying the perceptions of a propaganda forum makes us either chickens or cowards then so be it.

DeletedUser1089

This is news to me.

What? You mean that you are not on their alliance or NAP list? According to DWL 2 which Aceofcups is in, FTR2 is on NAP, but FTR is not anywhere. And on DWL I couldn't find either, though it was an unbelievably long list (Which makes me wonder how anyone in their tribes finds new villages to take over), so I may have missed it.

DeletedUser

That's an impressive list of allies you have there, do you support all of them as well in times of war?

DeletedUser1089

That's an impressive list of allies you have there, do you support all of them as well in times of war?

Tribes with that many allies basically means they have no allies. If you have that many, there's no way you take them all seriously. Doubt they go to the aid of any of them, and I would doubt that any of them would help them in times of need. I recommend to all tribes (Since there seem to be so many people that do this) a maximum of about 5 allies. 10 if you like having a lot, otherwise you just look like a good target.

DeletedUser

Smaller tribes live by the politics of necessity. We do not have the luxury of being choosy the way the big-guns have.

I quote vaia Duchess of CE:

"There are a lot of people who jump on the War Wagon or run along beside it. War is not something to be frivilously declared, regardless of your relationship with other tribes. We have to protect our own tribe first and then our associations. I'm sure most tribes think this way, or at least I would hope so"

She is right, that is indeed how DWL tribes view this.
In finalising...I opened the thread for the sole purpose of delivering our statement and have explained our position fully.

I thank this Forum for the interest shown.

DeletedUser137

CE only made a statement of nutrility because they were implicated in the original plan.
if all tribes that werent involved madea thread, the ftr vs most thread would be 3 paged n a minute.

DeletedUser1082

What is this, the 44rth thread saying that a tribe won't go aid their ally? Can this end, as the contents of these threads are extremely predictable?

DeletedUser

It seems to me that the majority of the people in this game use the word ally as another word for N.A.P. If you are an ally of 76 tribes then your not much use as an ally in my opinion. I'd personally rather be allied with 5 or 6 really meaningful tribes then 100 that don't give a damn.