The TeachU TW Textbook

DeletedUser

I wonder if a HC strategy argument is going to get started in here..

invalid user

Well, His Hcav/Cat strat is solely setup for OLD style worlds. Not a whole lot of use in the w13 forums ;-)

DeletedUser

I wonder if a HC strategy argument is going to get started in here..

Simple Answer - No.

"I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
This guide will bring you fame and fortune
and everything that goes with it

Members of TeachU
I thank you all"

DeletedUser

There was one other strategy of his I dont personally agree with. But thats just personal opinion, not that his wouldnt work.

Otherwise, very good guide indeed. Very likely the first one ever posted publically.

DeletedUser

Yeah the only other ones (that I've been able to find) that've gone beyond the basics haVE been Mimelim's offense/defense guides.

openeye

Well, His Hcav/Cat strat is solely setup for OLD style worlds. Not a whole lot of use in the w13 forums ;-)

It was written for old worlds but with very little work it could easily be applicable in new unit worlds. The defense is still totally applicable as you can get away with never building a single archer on D if you like. But more importaintly it clearly explains how/why players use HC effectively despitethe fact that the math says they suck.

invalid user

But more importaintly it clearly explains how/why players use HC effectively despitethe fact that the math says they suck.

Couldnt agree with you more there. I always use H.cav .. Always

DeletedUser

absolutly brilliant. Mods please sticky. Especially loved the Queen guide, I shall take it to heart.... :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the wonderful guide!!! And sharing it with the rest of us.

DeletedUser

I'm more or so the kind of person who would like to see players learn it from experience on their own.

I'm just glad you didn't give away too many good secrets, you just posted more or less the basics with a few more intermediate guides. ;)

I personally love the HC strategy use my own adaptation of it on w11.

<3 :heavycavalry:

also the queen strategy is killer, I must admit.

DeletedUser

I'm more or so the kind of person who would like to see players learn it from experience on their own.

I'm just glad you didn't give away too many good secrets, you just posted more or less the basics with a few more intermediate guides. ;)

I personally love the HC strategy

What he said, I have been playing with / against OE and co from world 4 and most of us discuss in various aspects of the game on how to finetune our game-play...

The ones OE published here, if you can follow you would certainly be a very good player. BUT... to get that extra one inch ahead of your enemies, all you need is self believe and find tricks on your own...

There is no fun if you already know everything by reading guides... the fun is always to learn it the hard way, then you will remember and embrace the knowledge for a long time... :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

There is no fun if you already know everything by reading guides... the fun is always to learn it the hard way, then you will remember and embrace the knowledge for a long time... :icon_wink:

you mean like when i learned that nobling 1 village a month isn't good >_>

openeye

I personally love the HC strategy use my own adaptation of it on w11.

The guides are no substitute for experience. Besides even with these guides many still wont put forth the effort to read and comprehend them.

DeletedUser

I don't like the strategy with lowering your own villages loyalty and having them re-noble it over and over again.

1. Only useful if you're defense has already been destroyed, which shouldn't happen...

2. What if the last attack has a massive defense. A defense of 4000 of each wont take much of a beating from re noblement and may be very hard to take back. You could just end up causing a bit of damage but ultimatly loseing the village in the end.

So, I would like to add that, if you are going to do this, you might want to knock you're own wall down just in case. I think you hinted at that, or that the player would knock it down for you. But I think you should add it as may make a huge difference.

DeletedUser

Looks very useful and easy to follow. The only correction I'd make is that not all buildings take away from your troops total; farms and warehouses don't use any villagers.

DeletedUser

Oh and can we get some of the graphs up. I've been looking for some on the forums but I can't find them. They were really useful for the HC strat, showing the difference in time factor, defense, resources etc..