[THE TV] Decision on Hammerin'

skelmersdale

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
lol.. very useful :p

hahaha look more than one word.

i think this war could get interesting without interference from other tribes

DeletedUser70594

yeah funny to hit tribe when its already in war ... Only This way THE MAY have a little more advantage ...

skelmersdale

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I Agree that it is out of order to wait for two other tribes to start on you b4 they do themselfs.

if they want a war with you 2 it should be

THE vs hammer + decide

DeletedUser92

Umm...Skelm? Yeah. Dude. It...Is.

THE, y'know, declared war against both Hammer and Decide. Its a 2v1 by default. I don't believe this ends up too unbalanced, even in the face of a war Green and BH might have against them. That makes it 2v1's on both sides of THE's war, and if BH or Green don't have wars of their own on, I dunno how I can change that. Buuuut last I looked, BH hadn't declared on Hammer. And Decide declared on Green after considering the possibility of jumping us and knowing, full well at the time, that there was every possibility we might do the same.

Its not unfair.

skelmersdale

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
ok then i accept your opinion on the matter. its just i feel that it could have been done with a little more sophistication .i.e waiting for the other two wars to end

skelmersdale

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
PS (I will watch the video at another time when I get to some buddie's house with bb internet, as I am mobile atm - I got a small texted description...)

i didnt know he has no hair lol..

it was decent declaration but nothing compared to the other one earlier in this world ... cant remmeber his name tho

DeletedUser

Mi-ck me-llow.

Don't ask me why I remembered her that way. Also, we dropped the NAP. We hadn't declared war. Either way, if talk of a Hammer+Decide war against us dates back to July 4th - when I'm pretty sure we were at war with someone - why is it so bad to declare on you now, at a time of our choosing?

Also, what were we supposed to do to find a reasonable target that wasn't already at war?

Also, add up your 51-million points with Decide's 50-Million and you guys are above our 97. Us fighting a war where your combined force shares a border with us at a geograhic ratio of two front-side K's versus about 4. Including the depth you guys can pull, its about a total of 6.5K's to 4 on the front line. So you have plenty more resources to hit us.

But most of all, there could be no "fair fight." I can't help your player base's strength. Or, for that matter, your diplomacy. Or, for even that matter, the threats you're facing that aren't official wars. I can't help this because it would be stupid in the extreme for us to let you either die on your own (and be absorbed into an even greater threat), or to stabilize yourself and be ready to pounce on us - and we'd known for months you'd be a potential problem. So, while we could have declared war on one or the other, consolidated that terrain, then made another move on the still-alive, even-more-weakened power...

...Or we could go to war with both to make it at least a somewhat balanced match.

If this war is really that unfair, I don't know what to tell you. We're sorry the tribes out west can't provide us with any kind of fun anymore, and we're going east now?

I personally never spoke of a war between HAMMER/DECIDE vs THE, but I always did think that, eventually, we would war. I always thought of it being a 1v1, to be honest. We've tried to stick to that in every war we've been in. We would have been strait forward, though. No attacks until a declaration, that kind of stuff. I always expected this from BD and upon knowing how close some of the guys in BD and BH were, I understood why they did things that way. At least they are honest with themselves.

Dishonesty is dishonesty. Shadiness is shadiness. They haven't hid it. The difference here is that you're trying to make yourselves seem noble and as if you're taking some kind of high ground. You're trying to make it seem as if you're trying to be fair by attacking both tribes since they are already at war. Stop trying to deceive yourself and everyone else. You're the only one who's being deceived if you actually believe yourself.

I guess you believe that quote from Sin City - "Power doesn't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes outta lying and lying big and getting the whole damn world to play along with you, Once you got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true you got em trapped. You're the boss. You can turn reality on its head and they'll cheer you on."

Play your game, JP. Just quit distorting the truth. You were not in this for a fair fight, and you're touching on that in your post. You're following the gang-bang strategy. No skill involved there.

(oh and your last sentence is confusing. Looks like a statement but written with a question mark. I'll assume it's supposed to be a period)

DeletedUser92

Well, as I already posted in the "usual non - related" to all this thread:

Finally, "-THE- ARE TW POLITICALLY CORRECT" ... to my eyes at least.

I think I had my little part in this. This is what I expected them to do, regardless of the why's and how's...

First: Politically correct? How? I just don't get it.

Second: No. You didn't. We'd pretty much made up our mind about this before we decided to drop the NAP. While that doesn't mean there was no other possible alternative, we knew we had to pick one of the eastern tribes - if for no other reason than this:

Hammer had 6 K's, with at least two more likely to fall, and had just eaten TER. Decide had 2, but is steamrolling Green and will ultimately have at least four of their former six.

We had maybe just gotten 6, ourselves.

One of you had to go for our own survival, so we could set something beneficial up for ourselves. We had room for about ten, but we knew Hammer and Decide were buddies and if they landed with about 10 K's each, we'd be in a lot of trouble. We had to make a move, and we planned it and made it.

For you to hop up on the forums two or three days before the declaration and trash us and think it effected us is...Well, simply not accurate, I'm afraid.

DeletedUser

Hammer had 6 K's, with at least two more likely to fall, and had just eaten TER. Decide had 2, but is steamrolling Green and will ultimately have at least four of their former six.

For one, the order of this sentence is ridiculous.

For two, I have highlighted a keyword that has blown out of proportion

For three, I think we will have 7 K's thank you very much. I dont think its a matter of if decide will disband but when and when that happens I feel we have earned K36 at least for ourselves

We have put Decide under the pressure to crack very much, and i believe your declaration will just tip them over.

I dont mean to get angry at you but this post was just wierd

DeletedUser92

Wait...So...

...Dude, just stop crying already, wouldja? All you do is wahh, wahh, wahh. "I got to you!" "Its not fair!'" "I R Legend Robot!" Enough. Take a deep breath. This is a game. If you're not gonna at least try to have fun with it, if you're gonna complain and make excuses and all the rest...I mean, quit. Seriously.

Now, positive comments/etc accepted. Un-answered/un-addressed questions welcome. Negativity denied.

DeletedUser

Wait...So...

...Dude, just stop crying already, wouldja? All you do is wahh, wahh, wahh. "I got to you!" "Its not fair!'" "I R Legend Robot!" Enough. Take a deep breath. This is a game. If you're not gonna at least try to have fun with it, if you're gonna complain and make excuses and all the rest...I mean, quit. Seriously.

Now, positive comments/etc accepted. Un-answered/un-addressed questions welcome. Negativity denied.

So... you've ran out of arguments, I take it? Usually when people drop to insults, that's the case.

DeletedUser92

Yeah, cuz I'm the one resorting to insults and "getting to people." Well, I guess that's one sad candidate for the 'ol "ignore" list.

Supah; I'm not making an argument. I've already made it. Either you accept it or you don't - that's your decision. I've expressed how my tribe feels - this is the best way for us to get a fair challenge, and it is a target(s) suited to our long-term prosperity and survival. If you think that somehow we're just looking for the easiest meal, then Goddess bless, I guess. In my opinion, if you think that lowly of yourselves - that you cannot possibly be a challenge to us, and deceit is the only rationale remaining for our actions - then you'd agree THE is wasting its time, and the good news for us is that we'll be done with you quick, and we can try to find someone else to really match us.

So, is your tribe that weak? Or are you just viewing this negatively?

DeletedUser

ha ha ha bring it on

man id like to see what u guys /girls have.
u think hammer and decide are weak
huh what a joke!!!!!!
it only makes us stronger and we shall prevail :icon_evil:
so with the powa we shall make you weak!!!!!
:axemen::axemen::axemen::axemen::axemen::axemen: :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

Yeah, cuz I'm the one resorting to insults and "getting to people." Well, I guess that's one sad candidate for the 'ol "ignore" list.

Supah; I'm not making an argument. I've already made it. Either you accept it or you don't - that's your decision. I've expressed how my tribe feels - this is the best way for us to get a fair challenge, and it is a target(s) suited to our long-term prosperity and survival. If you think that somehow we're just looking for the easiest meal, then Goddess bless, I guess. In my opinion, if you think that lowly of yourselves - that you cannot possibly be a challenge to us, and deceit is the only rationale remaining for our actions - then you'd agree THE is wasting its time, and the good news for us is that we'll be done with you quick, and we can try to find someone else to really match us.

So, is your tribe that weak? Or are you just viewing this negatively?

Oh no. Don't try and play that psyco-bologna on me. You know we're a more then a challenge for you, but you declaring at a time when you know both tribes were already engaged is deceitful. You guys got some easy caps, but don't think that's the way the rest of this will go.

You might not have been looking for a meal, but you were looking for an easy fight. You won't get one.

This still doesn't change the fact that you claiming to try and make this "fair" is a lie. When you can accept that you're lying, we'll be fine.

DeletedUser

Hey he's a writer. Maybe he just considers it "poetic license." :lol:

DeletedUser

You don't get to no.1 by being the most noble and to stay there you've got to be ruthless.

I agree with the sentiment of supa here but anyone in the region with half an eye on the map knew this was inevitable and why would you want to take on a tribe at their strongest.

DeletedUser

Supa, would you have sat on the fence patiently for a year and waited for those wars to end? Because at the rate y'all were going (slow) THE would have suffocated from lack of fun. Also, in regards to posting a declaration before attacks hit, I guess I missed Hammer's declaration on BH.... Or is that just a rule that applies to us and not you?

Don't kid yourself. THE needed a war, and the biggest challenge we could see was a DECIDE/Hammer war.

Good luck to both sides.

inflrc

Good luck to all sides: THE, BD, GREEN, HAMMER, [DN] and DECIDE

Who else wants to join? Come on guys, it's open season, don't be timid, you dont need to declare, just choose a target and launch nukes

DeletedUser

Good luck to all sides: THE, BD, GREEN, HAMMER, [DN] and DECIDE

Who else wants to join? Come on guys, it's open season, don't be timid, you dont need to declare, just choose a target and launch nukes

I see you are still harbouring skunk15 after he attacked me without provocation. If you guys see incoming from me, its because I have tried for the last month to diplomatically resolve that matter and you lads simply weren't having any of it.

And I am only talking about and concerned with my problem which DECIDE never addressed. It took you over a week to even have my diplomatic letter get through to someone who could be botehred actually replying to it. Thats how you make enemies. Allowing your members to attack whomever they want and subsequently ignoring a resolution offer.

Making enemies in this way is absolutely fine if thats exactly what you want to do - god knows I have done it on plenty of occasions my own self. However, you cannot then complain when EVERY tool in a box of tricks is utilised against you. I ain't saying that provoking me is the sole cause of this war - its not, but its a contributing factor.

In future, I trust players will be more careful in ignoring my diplomatic requests. If you are engaged in war, when the top player has a diplomatic issue with you, ignoring him is a really dumb move.