The W16 megatribe

DeletedUser

Ok back....

From reading the latest replies Savik and Sea r making alot of sense and i tend to agree with most of their arguments :icon_biggrin:

If everyone didnt waste time with my motivations for this thread then the points would be viewed with more clarity... although i will explain my motivations here as candidly as i can...

I can assure u that there is no value to Dust by me posting on here with such a provacative post on such a sensitive subject (more value if i didnt post at all), it was obvious that people would like me less and and probably Dust too, so there was never going to be any gain for us.... i know that and so do our tribe. Come on guys lets be honest Dusts position diplomatically has been beyond hope for months lol... ever since our 'empire' bordered with HRV and LS. Therefore its arguable that we never stood a chance diplomatically anyway and diplo definitely wouldnt have helped us once they started attacking us either... weve never complained, never begged for help and never been nasty to anyone about this war...

Lets be honest, there was no way on earth we wouldve been able to diplo our way out of being their next targets, the map dictated that... It was the obvious next move for these tribes to go for us and we wouldve done the same in their position... do u really think they wouldve gone for C² before us lol

Therefore we've accepted our lot on this world and r happy to test out our TW skills at fighting 2 of the best tribes here... We know the writings on the wall and its only a matter of time but weirdly we have been growing not falling so it looks like we will be around for a long time to come... and after everyone gave us a fortnight to live around 3 or 4 months ago we are very proud of what we have done on the battlefield... as i said a little further up ive intentionally acted like the idiot because thats exactly what u guys want me to be, i have done all along... Ive been provocative and aggressive, stubborn, and ultimately undiplomatic... my tribe know the real me, not the xxxx (insert as applicable) that is seen on here because im acting out and playing a role. I used the word mercenary to describe us, which someone has decided to disect the meaning of, but ive also used the word maverick, ie not going along with the accepted way of doing things... this is a much more accurate label for us... (not to be confused with Tom Cruise in Top Gun cos although i can take criticism a comparison with him would be an insult too far!)

However there is substance to this thread because it is in reality getting the rep of being a huggy world due to the lack of the warring nature of the top tribes... ok many people responding here and posting good reasons to why dilpo is more important here than wars which explains it very well. And i agree that this explains why wars r not so forthcoming. Can we therefore say that diplo skills r more important than war to win this world? If thats the case then we are definitely bottom of the list for winning this :icon_neutral:

Salv i dont think diplo is worthless and im not criticising it, its an integral part of this game, and my ability to diplo is quite rightly put to the sword, i know this and dont pretend to be as good as other leaders here... but the current global diplo between the major tribes has dulled the world and made it very insipid. I guess our outlook on the game in general is more aggressive and weve gone down our path of focusing on that.

Sea ur still showing historical wars and my point is aimed at whose left and how they all stand at this point in time, cos those old wars were with world politics at that time, players of that time, village maps of that time, diplo of that time and tribes of that time... my point is all about the current top tribes left here with their current diplo...thats where the huggy issue is now coming from. The world appears to have unfolded into a load of buddies left and all simply having a tea party and basking in their glory... and tbh glory they totally deserve! And i use the word 'appears' because no one is 100% sure of all the agreements between all the top tribes but it does very much look like theyre all working together and probably have been for a long long time... Its for these reasons i cant see another war coming about and i predict that 2 clever leaders will merge. Ok this is where i can be well off but thats what i think... A merger doesnt need 80 places cos 2 tribes can just class themseves as a family and take up the same colour on the selfupdating map... this will give those 2 tribes a HUGE lead in this world and those 2 tribes will be 99% certain to win this world... I didnt want to say this at the begining cos i was curious if anyone else would see this possible outcome.

I accept what you are saying. Your logic, as I read it, is:

1) The current top 5 tribes are C², Plight, =HRV=, BANG!, and TKR in that order.
2) The current top 5 tribes are not at war with each other.
3) Speculation from #2: The current top 5 tribes are all allied.
4) Speculation from #3: The current top 5 tribes have planned to ally since the beginning.
5) Assertion from #4: Since the current top 5 planned to ally, this makes the world dominated by "huggy".

What I have been trying to explain to you as a means of rebuttal is:

a) Point #1 is completely valid as this is a quantitative issue and the numbers support your claim.
b) Point #2 is completely valid as this is a qualitative issue that has been confirmed by various tribal nobility.
c) Point #3 is invalid and false. This has been stated by myself and Seagryfn for our respective tribes and has been suggested by others for their respective tribes.
d) Point #4, being an inference or speculation from #3, is therefore invalid as its primary support and basis of induction is invalid.
e) Point #5, being based on #4, is therefore invalid as its primary support and basis of induction is invalid.

Yes. The current top 5 are not at war with each other.
No. The current top 5 are not all allied with each other. Therefore,
No. The current top 5 did not plan this in advance. Therefore,
No. Your basis for claiming W16 is the "huggiest" is invalid.

That is not to say that W16 is not the "huggiest" (I am not arguing that W16 is or is not the "huggiest"). It could very well be the case. However, your statement of "fact" is based on your assertions of #1 and #2, followed by some speculation and inductive logic from #3 through #5. In this post, I have illustrated errors in your speculation that derails your logic. If you want to make the claim that W16 is the "huggiest", you will need to pursue a different line of reasoning as the one you have pursuing currently has been shown to be logically false.

In more practical terms (using rhetoric instead of logic), your argument regarding "hugginess" stems from the fact that the top 5 not being at war with each other demonstrates that the top 5 are allied with each other and plan to end the world in a shared victory. As you yourself mentioned, it makes sense for tribes to pick on smaller targets first (evidenced by your statement of =HRV= vs. Dust Family instead of C²). Of the current Top 5:

C² is cleaning up a merge.
Plight is at war with PnX.
=HRV= is at war with Dust Family.
BANG! is at war with PnX and Ad Inf Family
TKR is at war with Ad Inf Family.

All of the current Top 5 are engaged in some kind of military action. When these military actions end, it is likely and perhaps inevitable that the Top 5 might start fighting each other. To claim that because they are not currently at war implies they will never be at war is silly.

Heart surgery looks like bloody murder if you judge results before it's finished.

MichielK

c) Point #3 is invalid and false. This has been stated by myself and Seagryfn for our respective tribes and has been suggested by others for their respective tribes.

Feel free to add C² to that list. I don't usually speak for my tribe on the forums, but I can confirm on the record that we are not allied with every tribe in the top 5.

I'd also like to point out that our "cleaning up a merge" is a bit more involved than simply eating some inactives. One example of that is that we are now 'policing' the southwest quadrant of the map alone while in the past we could count on BFL to do their part in planning and organisation as well as nobling. For example, ROTP was the dominant tribe in K70 when neither C² nor BFL had any major assets in the continent. Removing them was a BFL-led operation .

I'll be the first to admit that there aren't any tribes left in the southwest who can seriously challenge us, but underestimating people simply because they're based on the rim would be a foolish way to continue after all the work we've done to control the southwest.

Last edited:

DeletedUser67788

I am usually impressed by the content of the w16 forums.

There are a lot of smart people, and you debate/argue very intelligently here.

However with this case I think there is something obvious that a lot of you are missing.

2z8qj9x.jpg

There is only so many facepalms before you get a headache. Save the trouble and hit the shiny ignore button.

DeletedUser22370

i am usually impressed by the content of the w16 forums.

There are a lot of smart people, and you debate/argue very intelligently here.

However with this case i think there is something obvious that a lot of you are missing.

2z8qj9x.jpg

there is only so many facepalms before you get a headache. Save the trouble and hit the shiny ignore button.

qft

MichielK

After all the logic we've used to prove Ende wrong and her refusal to listen to logic, let's turn the tables. Ende challenged us to find a world that's "huggier" than this one, and that would be the only "acceptable" way to prove her wrong.

Well, here's the top 10 of W18:

1. Apoc-M - 179 million points
2. Apoc-D - 178 M
3. Apoc-W - 124 M
4. ~S~ - 116 M
5. Apoc-I - 114 M
6. Apoc-C - 108 M
7. {BA} - 104 M
8. Apoc-F - 103 M
9. [BA] - 84 M
10. Apoc-N - 78 M

The entire top 10 consists of 3 families, the biggest one being nearly 10 times as big as the second biggest family, and in fact those two families are allied :icon_eek:

Ende, you've refused to accept logic, you've injected personal attacks into half your posts, you've made assumptions about the top 5 that were disproven numerous times now, and you've set ridiculous requirements for us to disprove you.

Guess what? I just did.

:lol:

DeletedUser

God i would deffos leave that world.... looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring

DeletedUser

After all the logic we've used to prove Ende wrong and her refusal to listen to logic, let's turn the tables. Ende challenged us to find a world that's "huggier" than this one, and that would be the only "acceptable" way to prove her wrong.

2. Apoc-D - 178 M
3. Apoc-W - 124 M
4. ~S~ - 116 M
5. Apoc-I - 114 M
6. Apoc-C - 108 M
7. {BA} - 104 M
8. Apoc-F - 103 M
9. [BA] - 84 M
10. Apoc-N - 78 M

The entire top 10 consists of 3 families, the biggest one being nearly 10 times as big as the second biggest family, and in fact those two families are allied :icon_eek:

Ende, you've refused to accept logic, you've injected personal attacks into half your posts, you've made assumptions about the top 5 that were disproven numerous times now, and you've set ridiculous requirements for us to disprove you.

Guess what? I just did.

BRAVO!!!!!

for finally dragging this endless stream of rhetoric to an end (i hope) lol

DeletedUser

Bah, I said 18 was huggier, but didn't look up the stats... :(

so did i lol..... but again, couldnt be bothered to look up the stats

and mine was a complete guess lol. i remembered it being huggy and just thought.... yea its more huggy lol :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

What a sad world. Im now glad that im not on that world :lol:

DeletedUser

2. Apoc-D - 178 M
3. Apoc-W - 124 M
4. ~S~ - 116 M
5. Apoc-I - 114 M
6. Apoc-C - 108 M
7. {BA} - 104 M
8. Apoc-F - 103 M
9. [BA] - 84 M
10. Apoc-N - 78 M

Guess what? I just did.

*applause*

DeletedUser

well your theory was shot down about the top 5 wasn't it C2 and LSHRV are at war now.

DeletedUser

unless they claim that we huggers planned this war to trick them into thinking that we are war hungry madmen :icon_wink:
don't tell them, how long until we are meant to come back i forgot and lost the email:icon_eek: (the eyes)

gn0me

tense08 said:
1 AxlTheCat =HRV= 4.819.766 496 9717
2 Spank Me Silly Plight 4.634.550 413 11222

looks like he (Axl) is going to lose his 1st place spot

but look at the average village points.
How much kudos can you lose by being overtaken in points by a point-whore?

DeletedUser78416

but look at the average village points.
How much kudos can you lose by being overtaken in points by a point-whore?

no

no

no

dont bump old pointless threads

go to your room.

:icon_twisted: