The W16 megatribe

DeletedUser

ende, sorry for the misunderstanding

If you read my second post on this subject (the ones about players and tribes) you will understand that they are not necessarily hugging.

its the tribe status that permit us to judge.

So your players opinions dont count

and... Ive explained the tribe status, they are not buddying up ;)

DeletedUser

Ive already addressed this point further back... i used 'top 5' to refer to the clique and not the literal top 5 tribes at any given point in time... i apologise for this and wish i hadnt used 'top 5' term now... PnX were never in the clique and r not in the group of tribes im accusing of acting like a buddied up family.
Just how long do you think this 'clique' of C², Plight, HRV, BANG!, and TKR has existed? Let's use my tribe, C², as an example. Back when C² became a top 20 tribe, people in the Official Map Discussion thread asked, "Who are C²?" and everybody replied, "Oh, just some lousy rim tribe." Then we merged with FCT and suddenly we were a top 10 tribe. People asked, "Who are C²?" and still everybody replied, "Oh, just some lousy rim tribe." Then we merged with IP, boosting into the top 5. Suddenly, people cared who we were.

The point is that the players of C² didn't come to this world as part of a conspiracy to control the top 5 with the other 4 tribes. Many players of C², myself included, know W16 as their first TW world. There isn't some secret underground order that directs the diplomacy of this world, and this 'clique' you speak of does not exist.

DeletedUser

I'll go back even one further. I was from TIF. I remember when we set our goal to get into the top 100. We did, it wasn't a big accomplishment and we weren't even noticed by many. We then made it our goal to make the top 20. We did, and a big tribe named C2 asked "Who's TIF?" Another member answered, "I think they are food," and started a war with us. Rather than eating us all though, thanks to some good diplomacy thanks to MK and Adam, those of us who showed promise got a spot in C2. From there, MK and Adam worked to be worthy of the roles they carry now. One of those things they carried over was a relationship with TKR, then BRW, who we had previously warred with back in TIF.

So tell me, if we had agreed to be all buddy-buddy like you say, why were we warring so far back?

DeletedUser

I will attempt to answer the question which you throw around, just to get you to shut up...

World 15
and
World 18.

Just the fact that you didn't look it up for yourself to help prove your argument gives me the idea that you hoped no one would look and you would be unquestioned.

As for the rest of the huggling:
128829371572812186.jpg

Because cat pics are over used :p

DeletedUser

also on a lighter note i would just like to say poor axl, a little bit of fun we have been having in our forums.

1 AxlTheCat =HRV= 4.819.766 496 9717
2 Spank Me Silly Plight 4.634.550 413 11222
3 Seagryfn Plight 4.405.709 457 9641
4 crosamich C² 4.050.489 417 9713
5 Jeor C² 3.783.873 394 9604
6 mystery36 C² 3.682.114 381 9664
7 Zvone1979 =HRV= 3.632.317 375 9686
8 BundyBear Plight 3.590.409 370 9704
9 Mikebro Plight 3.461.723 360 9616
10 carminevinga C² 3.410.316 345 9885

looks like he is going to lose his 1st place spot, and congratz to alexhol on taking our first axl villige XD.
Took a bit to find this, but I wanted to address it. I mean no offense what-so-ever to Spank, but take a long at average points per village. Axl is up over 80 villages yet Spank is still closing the gap.

DeletedUser

Ok ive been rumbled!... well done Sea cos shes absolutely correct in her assessment of my posting style and shes put it so well :)............... Has it not occurred to u that ive intentionally played my hand in this way? ..... ive always said im not here for the popularity contest and my image is really not very important, although i totally appreciate that views of me affect Dust... I write provocatively because i want to liven things up and get everyone passionate and involved... Im not ignorant to the way ive thrown this thread up, it was thought through and i knew exactly how everyone would react (how many of u have pointed fellow tribemates to this thread)... it was obvious that certain people would go for me personally cos they always do and i knew some people would see value in the points and engage which has also happened... People here have a view of me and im happy to play that role (gimme an outfit and ill dress up for the part too! lol)... We are also happy to play the role of being the most mercenary tribe on this world and if that means we r disliked then so be it... weve never intentionally insulted anyone and we r always aware this is only a game to be played and enjoyed.However i still think the core points of what ive said r totally valid and it is true that the gossip re W16 is that its become dull and insipid, are we wrong to try to liven it up by generating loads of forum activity and giving people food for thought?... Also this world is currently looking like itll be the first to close due to a winner possibly in the near future... and thats cos the big tribe leaders will see the benefit of merging as opposed to warring for the title of winning this world... its just a case of which 2 tribes have the balls to do it... ok ive now exposed my vieled point which was packaged deep beneath the layers, but it was there... all the other accusations on my intent were sadly incorrect...Sea how come women r far better at reading through guys anyway? cos all the male posters totally missed it lolPS i am genuinely disappointed i wasnt judged as most disliked poster and my tribe have been ribbing me on our forums that i must try harder to get that title!!!

DeletedUser

I will attempt to answer the question which you throw around, just to get you to shut up...

World 15
and
World 18.

Just the fact that you didn't look it up for yourself to help prove your argument gives me the idea that you hoped no one would look and you would be unquestioned.

As for the rest of the huggling:
128829371572812186.jpg

Because cat pics are over used :p

Cool so ur telling me in both these worlds that their top tribes are not at war with each other and all have diplo in place that they wont go to war with each other too?

DeletedUser

Here's an idea, LOOK IT UP YOURSELF!!!
Look at the map I supplied. Is not about half of each world covered by a tribe that has an "F." after it?

I have yet to see a shred of evidence from you. Despite your claims to back up what you say, no facts have been presented on your side. Instead we get lovely people like this:

Amen Ende!

and

100% agreed.

Both members of your tribe who also can't form good arguments on your behalf. If you knew that 'everyone' would disagree, then what was the point? Do you like getting flamed for being annoying and contradictory?

DeletedUser

macon im sorry to disappoint u but i didnt ask for someone to find a world with massive family tribes in it what im asking is whether there is another world like here where the top tribes r not at war and all have diplo in place to prevent wars between them... effectivley earning that world title of tribal hugs.
Its not my place to find a world more tribal huggy than here cos im the one making the accusation that W16 is the most tribal hugs world due to the lack of any wars between the main tribes and that they look like they have diplo in place so they wont go to war with each other too... any other worlds more huggy than here?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its not my place to find a world more tribal huggy than here cos im the one making the accusation that W16 is the most tribal hugs world due to the lack of any wars between the main tribes and that they look like they have diplo in place so they wont go to war with each other too
*facepalm* This is EXACTLY WHY you're supposed to have evidence. The burden of proof falls upon the skeptic.

(that's you)

DeletedUser

Im not sure he dislike the world adam ;)

Well, from another of my point of view, based on experienced, I repeat a argument I found on this topic.

The tribes are using diplomacy, and this include wars and allies...

theres winners and losers and the top change because of this, all the top tribes changed in all the worlds over time... its not that different here.

But, more the game advance, more its difficult due to size, experiment and inactivity to win those war. It becomes more like choices that need times to be taken... War can not be avoid but can be prevent, and can be planned.

No body is warring anyone currently, but this does not mean no body is taking care of whats everyone doing, if they were going to make a whole family tribe or a merge, why would they care anyway? they know what they will do.

If theres a thing I know... is that every tribe has plans, and every tribe has NOT the goal to create such a family tribe.

MichielK

The 'host' are the readers of the forum, and they are offering you their time to hear what you have to say.

Well, not all of us :icon_wink:

One thing you notice once you put Ende on your ignore list is the true structure of this thread: Ende posts something random, everyone responds with facts/arguments/logic, Ende repeats something random, everyone responds with facts/arguments/logic, etc etc ad nauseum. Half the posts are gone yet I'm perfectly capable of following the thread since the missing posts are all pretty much identical in structure, content and tone.

To use your analogy, I basically said "suit yourself, more cake for me" :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Since Endemonadia has refuted my claim that the motivations for this post are to seek aid against =HRV= and ~LS~, I am willing to accept his refutation at face value. Then the second most likely motivation is to vilify, debase, or otherwise demean tribes that successfully use diplomacy as part of their general plans. Why would anyone choose to condescend tribes that are successfully diplomatic?

The only possible explanations I could imagine are because the source of the condescension is short-sighted and bloodthirsty or because the source itself fails at diplomacy. As Endemonadia has suggested that this entire post was well thought out and pre-planned (which I highly doubt but am willing to accept at face value), the only explanation that remains is that Endemonadia considers diplomacy to be worthless due to his tribe's own failings at it.

An appropriate analogy would be the angry old guy who is taught that he must learn to use computers in order to keep his job but either refuses to learn or fails to learn. He then goes on a tirade about how society is becoming soft and increasingly liberal as demonstrated by the fact that he, a "real man", is expected to learn how to use a gadget instead of working with his hands.

I think Endemonadia's seeming "moral outrage" at the "hugginess" of W16 would suggest my theory has merits. This dove tails back into the topic nicely.

Endemonadia demands that those who disagree that W16 is the "huggiest" of worlds should do the research to find a world that is "huggier". However, I do not think the denizens of the forums have spent the time to define "tribal hugs". Are hugs simply the environment created by tribes that refuse to go to war with each other? Or is such an environment created by tribes that refuse to go to war with anyone? I believe there's a fundamental difference but it seems obvious to me that Endemonadia disagrees.

If someone agrees with Endemonadia's world view that tribes that do not go to war with each other are "huggy", then to declare them a family tribe makes at least a modicum of sense. However, I would argue that anyone who believes diplomacy is the second-edge of warfare (with the axe being the first) would believe that only tribes who refuse to go to war with anyone would be considered "huggy".

What are your thoughts?

DeletedUser

wow savik... are you a philosopher by any chance? lol. i have to agree with you, only a huggy tribe wouldnt go to war with anyone. the fact that most tribes are at war with someone or another would mean that they arent right? such a well thought out and just generally awesome post deserves nothing less than to be agreed with......

unless your patronising and/or stubborn :icon_wink: which again proves savik right lol

Seagryfn

W16 is the most tribal hugs world due to the lack of any wars between the main tribes and that they look like they have diplo in place so they wont go to war with each other too.
Once again, you have failed to pay heed to all the evidence offered that proves your claim false. To summarize:

Point #1 - The main tribes -do- war one another, which frequently leads to one of the the two tribes no longer being a top tribe.
Examples: HRV+Plight+~I~/LOD, HRV/~I~, C²/CND, BANG!/ORC, Plight/ORC+GUNs, BANG!?/PnX, Plight/PnX.
These are but a few. There are other wars among other top tribes as well, and there are also wars against smaller tribes. Many posters have explained that a tribe's recovery time and re-deployment from one war to the next is an involved (lengthy) process due to W16 settings. Like the blooming flower, the fact that you do not observe the petals unfolding does not mean that it fails to bloom. There have been wars between the top 5 tribes from March 2008 - August 2009. [PnX was still in the top 5 as of August 6th, 2009.]

After 18 months of continuous war involving at least some of the top tribes every month since W16 had its first noble, your supposition that from here on out the top tribes will not go to war with one another ever again until W16 ends is outweighed by vast evidence and trends to the contrary.

Point #2 - Today's Diplomacy today is often Tomorrow's Declaration, and Today's War is often Tomorrow's Pact. I will not *pretend* to know any other tribe's diplomacy, but I can give you SEVERAL instances that I personally know of where Diplomacy between tribes changed:
-a-) DUST had a war with Windex that was ended by diplomacy rather than combat victory (as stated by CBK).
-b-) After accepting Hippos refugees that were at war with ORC, Plight broke their alliance with ORC to declared war on ORC. (The tribal leaders that made that decission later deleted/resigned.)
-c-) GUNs broke a pact with Plight to take ORC's side in the ORC/Plight war.
-d-) Another poster in this thread claimed CND had an alliance that they broke when they went to war with C² (unsubstantiated).
-e-) HRV and ~I~ and Plight had (past tense) an alliance with an expiration date clause. The AIDs treaty only bound the allies together until 30 days after a certain condition was met, therafter the alliance ended. Just weeks after the alliance formally ended, HRV declared upon ~I~.

I know of other broken alliances as well that are not worth regurgitating as neither tribe survived. As I said, I will not pretend to know any other tribe's diplomacy that a spokesman in the aristocracy for that tribe has not already mentioned... and tribes GUARD their diplomacy for just cause. But these few examples above should easily prove that Diplomacy does NOT = Hugz.

You do not know the diplomacy of the other tribes. Your tribe member who claimed to have the answers for you has been refuted (proven wrong) by at least two of the dukes of those tribes. And furthermore, even IF there is diplomacy between any of these tribes there is no guarantee it will last. A tribe may decide to simply break their pact (although tribes that do this often tend to not get any new pacts offered them, like the rude guest at the party who gets fewer invitations to future parties). Maybe the alliance may have an expiration clause. A 3rd-party circumstance may nullify the pact (like accepting applicants that are refugees from the tribe you have diplomacy with).

After 19 months of continuous and ever-changing diplomacy involving most tribes to ever exist on W16, and without knowing if any of those agreements are "end game" alliances, your supposition that from here on out existing diplomacy will never again change until W16 ends is outweighed by vast evidence and trends to the contrary.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Once again, Ende has argued with nonsense, then plainly stated that I ignored what he said. I go over what he wrote word by word and respond to it all with facts and logic, and he just plain ignores it all. Seems familiar. Oh yea! It happens everytime I respond to something he posts as he is unable to debate, which requires collective thought and planning. He can only post the single thought that is occupying his mind at any one time.

And sorry to burst your bubble Ende, SG wasn't the first to point out that you did this in a (poor) attempt to try to fire other tribes up. Everyone with half a brain realized that from the very beginning. And it failed miserable. All its accomplished is to increase the bad feelings towards Dust from other tribes in the world.

And if you make a statement, you have to provide your own proof to back it up. That's not the job of the people arguing AGAINST you. That would be counter-productive. Here, I'll even help you in the future. This is the writing style I learned in school.

Assertion - statement
Evidence - proof
Elaboration - explain how the evidence proves the assertion

You did the assertion part and then just went along on your merry way. Doesn't work like that.

And if in your dictionary, mercenary is defined as "any substance that can be metabolized by an animal to give energy and build tissue," then yes, Dust is the most mercenary tribe on this world. If you are using the real definition, a warrior/soldier paid for fighting, then no you aren't. It wouldn't even make sense in the contact since no one is paying you anything to fight =HRV=/~LS~. It's simple self-preservation at its worst.

DeletedUser

Ok back....

From reading the latest replies Savik and Sea r making alot of sense and i tend to agree with most of their arguments :icon_biggrin:

If everyone didnt waste time with my motivations for this thread then the points would be viewed with more clarity... although i will explain my motivations here as candidly as i can...

I can assure u that there is no value to Dust by me posting on here with such a provacative post on such a sensitive subject (more value if i didnt post at all), it was obvious that people would like me less and and probably Dust too, so there was never going to be any gain for us.... i know that and so do our tribe. Come on guys lets be honest Dusts position diplomatically has been beyond hope for months lol... ever since our 'empire' bordered with HRV and LS. Therefore its arguable that we never stood a chance diplomatically anyway and diplo definitely wouldnt have helped us once they started attacking us either... weve never complained, never begged for help and never been nasty to anyone about this war...

Lets be honest, there was no way on earth we wouldve been able to diplo our way out of being their next targets, the map dictated that... It was the obvious next move for these tribes to go for us and we wouldve done the same in their position... do u really think they wouldve gone for C² before us lol

Therefore we've accepted our lot on this world and r happy to test out our TW skills at fighting 2 of the best tribes here... We know the writings on the wall and its only a matter of time but weirdly we have been growing not falling so it looks like we will be around for a long time to come... and after everyone gave us a fortnight to live around 3 or 4 months ago we are very proud of what we have done on the battlefield... as i said a little further up ive intentionally acted like the idiot because thats exactly what u guys want me to be, i have done all along... Ive been provocative and aggressive, stubborn, and ultimately undiplomatic... my tribe know the real me, not the xxxx (insert as applicable) that is seen on here because im acting out and playing a role. I used the word mercenary to describe us, which someone has decided to disect the meaning of, but ive also used the word maverick, ie not going along with the accepted way of doing things... this is a much more accurate label for us... (not to be confused with Tom Cruise in Top Gun cos although i can take criticism a comparison with him would be an insult too far!)

However there is substance to this thread because it is in reality getting the rep of being a huggy world due to the lack of the warring nature of the top tribes... ok many people responding here and posting good reasons to why dilpo is more important here than wars which explains it very well. And i agree that this explains why wars r not so forthcoming. Can we therefore say that diplo skills r more important than war to win this world? If thats the case then we are definitely bottom of the list for winning this :icon_neutral:

Salv i dont think diplo is worthless and im not criticising it, its an integral part of this game, and my ability to diplo is quite rightly put to the sword, i know this and dont pretend to be as good as other leaders here... but the current global diplo between the major tribes has dulled the world and made it very insipid. I guess our outlook on the game in general is more aggressive and weve gone down our path of focusing on that.

Sea ur still showing historical wars and my point is aimed at whose left and how they all stand at this point in time, cos those old wars were with world politics at that time, players of that time, village maps of that time, diplo of that time and tribes of that time... my point is all about the current top tribes left here with their current diplo...thats where the huggy issue is now coming from. The world appears to have unfolded into a load of buddies left and all simply having a tea party and basking in their glory... and tbh glory they totally deserve! And i use the word 'appears' because no one is 100% sure of all the agreements between all the top tribes but it does very much look like theyre all working together and probably have been for a long long time... Its for these reasons i cant see another war coming about and i predict that 2 clever leaders will merge. Ok this is where i can be well off but thats what i think... A merger doesnt need 80 places cos 2 tribes can just class themseves as a family and take up the same colour on the selfupdating map... this will give those 2 tribes a HUGE lead in this world and those 2 tribes will be 99% certain to win this world... I didnt want to say this at the begining cos i was curious if anyone else would see this possible outcome.

DeletedUser22370

I thought we had established that the top 5 tribes are different entities?

*Facepalm* I really can't be bothered explaining all this again, knowing that you aren't going to listen to a word I say.

facepalm.jpg