The W97 Gazette

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
media_icon_gazette.jpg

First off, I’d like to apologize for another period of silence; I continued to feel unwell for while & besides this is my 1000th post so I wanted it to be a little bit more special than my usual post :p So today I am going to bring to you a breakdown of the world as it stands today in my eyes and explain the rationale behind my choices. I am also going to try to get a few interviews going again. Before I continue – id like to announce that while I do try to remain as unbias as I can be; I am a forever loyal member of Creati first & thus my opinions should always be read keeping this in mind.

giphy.gif

Now it seems w97 hasn’t been given a general update in quite some time. Many major players have risen and fallen, and the landscape of our world is rapidly changing as we begin to approach the midgame phase. This is not uncommon for a modern TW world and w97 has played out no differently. Below I have mapped the top four tribes currently in the world to help you visualize who is dominant where.

Oa721My.png

Currently it’s hard to argue who reigns dominion over what quadrant. ~IL~ seem to have the NE locked down tightly with Glutt on the ropes & what I am assuming is a planned merge with Annex who we know are long-time allies of ~IL~. The reason I am assuming they plan to merge is due to Annex players nobling/being recruited on the ~IL~ backline meanwhile ~IL~ players are nobling Annex villages deep in K34 (the north west). The only minor roadblock left is BibBox – a small tribe straddling the K46/56 border who are taking hits from both ~IL~ & KoBK. yet seem to be holding their position for now.

DiC4yUF.png

In the South East KoBK. is king; although they do not have their quadrant nearly as locked down. As mentioned above BibBox have their small little corner & in the deep south MWG hold a decent size of their southern rim. Quick history lesson, the SE was left wide open when ~Sky~ leadership (Capn Rum) went AWOL and the tribe was essentially split between ~IL~ & KoBK. once the membership gave up on their capn…

dc3.gif

~IL~ holds a large chunk of the core south east K & rumours have been swarming about boiling tensions between the two tribes supposedly over KoBK. stacking sashaahn (or attempting to). The all-time war stats between these two tribes sit 4-1 in favour of ~IL~ although there have been no recent captures nor declaration that I know of. However, I cannot fathom these two coexisting for much longer as KoBK. are boxed in by ~IL~ to the north and Creati to the west meaning action is inevitable.

KSxWkq5.png

Now the south west in inarguably dominated by Creati, however a few problems do remain before they can declare themselves truly and completely in control of the SW. First off BOOB remains a very active war with a Creati lead of 92 villages (122-30). Also there has been skirmishing between AA & Creati specifically in past over the Horsing account but still currently the two tribes remain in minor exchanges over the North/South divide in the West.

CMItk3O.png

Now finally we can get to the north west….. quite an interesting quadrant in my opinion. While AA are clearly dominant, that alliance between Annex & ~IL~ I mentioned above could prove huuuge problems for AA. We know they are at war, but If ~IL~ are allowed to establish themselves in the core of Annex (k34) than I believe AA will lose their supremacy. Furthermore, AA face a seriously commendable comeback from IPOD who have fought back to bring their deficit to a mere 5 villages (94-89). To give credit to AA they have really overwhelmed Annex leading in that war by 67 villages (76-9).

Tkr7Mbm.png

Predictions

So we know roughly what’s going on in each quadrant, now I’d like to dive into the rumour mill before giving out a few predictions about how I think the world will play out from here. Quite a juicy rumour I came across today was the prospect of BOOB merging into KoBK. Now this baffled me because not only do they not share a border with each other due to ~IL~; BOOB are currently getting skelped in their war with Creati; which really makes me wonder why KoBK. would want them in the first place. KoBK. seems to have changed leadership to some regard (at least based on their profile and my inability to get Karl in for comment) and I wonder if they will be able to uphold the original values of KoBK. and thrive or if they will succumb to nefarious & frankly noobish decisions and crumble.

Without further ado here are my predictions going forward…. I think AA will get distracted by IPOD while ~IL~ infiltrates their backline via the merge/gifting by Annex before the batteries in AA finally run out for good. I predict Creati to play more quadrant cleanup with pushes into BOOB & ~M~ to lock in their core. I predict KoBK. to antagonize ~IL~ & Creati further to open up a “four way” world war…. If the merge rumours above are true than that is probably the way to do it; however otherwise I think ~IL~ will retaliate on KoBK. regardless for their stacking of sash.

Interviews:

Now I do have two interviews to share today for your viewing pleasure…. One from Jacob (Kim Jung IL; a duke of ~IL~) & one from Mike (havoc; a Duke of Creati). [I finally got one guys :eek:]

~IL~ Interview

b90fa58550748098c715dc2c894c9459.png

75181b8ead5d4b65dba965a4f07fc552.png
83d42c37f99573ffee721fd6191221b1.png

Creati Interview

6a9cda6e3a6f4641b32a7205eba850be.png

1ebee5c70d732ee2be1dd07283a58308.png

d92ca65a031010213621a8a994e22644.png

6dbd2fdc1f00e62a469f4df068b8662f.png

0b1da71ffb0aa6ee5943e8b39e9363cd.png

https://gyazo.com/0ef5923a40a12f8bdb9529c1490c4ed2 <---- the attached gyazo from Mike

So that's all I got in the tank for today sorry guys - but I hope you enjoyed the read and I gave you some food for thought about the world.

Also I just want to mention to the end of the Mike interview in which we discuss the externals; I now pose this same question to the rest of you; What do you think caused the decline of the externals and how can we save them?

FC out.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Also I just want to mention to the end of the Mike interview in which we discuss the externals; I now pose this same question to the rest of you; What do you think caused the decline of the externals and how can we save them?

FC out.

in my opinion

issues:
trolls - attacking any new player that shows up on externals
egos - half the content isn't worth reading, just the same comments repeated using different words
cliques - if your not in the group your a target for banter and the like, then friends of friends join in to add weight to one side
elitist attitudes - if you don't have 4 co-players that farm for you or haven't got over 1mil points you tend to be labelled as a shyt player
stop living in the past - people get tired of others bringing up worlds and tribes from 20+ worlds ago, it happened move on

suggestions:
connect external identities with in-game accounts - to prevent people having large cahonas on externals but itty bitty ones ingame
better attitude towards others - stop the mob mentality, don't all pile on just because someone says something your mates don't agree with
tribe attitudes - if you don't like how someone runs a tribe, don't whine about it, run a tribe yourself and see what decisions you make
new players - we all started somewhere so give them a chance, if they need help offer them some hints or a guide to help them out [the search box on externals suck]
spread the word - some players don't even realise there is an external forum

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Great post again fleezus. Players like yourself save the externals, w97 has had one of the best external banter and pnp for a long time, and I would put it down to your posts livening them up

Never go quiet on us again!

DeletedUser102250

Great post again fleezus. Players like yourself save the externals, w97 has had one of the best external banter and pnp for a long time, and I would put it down to your posts livening them up

Never go quiet on us again!

Really? Damn, the externals fell harder than I thought the few years I was away...

Michael Corleone.

Externals declined cause the game has declined. It really is as simple as that. Not much you can do about it, everyone can make better quality posts but it don't matter at the end of the day when barely a hundred people are reading them anyway

DeletedUser121601

I know it's a minor point, but Havok claimed to not have any diplo, however, in ~Sky~ we had a border agreement with Creati and put defence in some of their frontline villages before they declared/merged with Under.

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I know it's a minor point, but Havok claimed to not have any diplo, however, in ~Sky~ we had a border agreement with Creati and put defence in some of their frontline villages before they declared/merged with Under.

And still had no diplo

DeletedUser88324

A border agreement, an understanding by word, to not noble in each other's continent for the time being, yes.
And that defense, was a member in Creati who was friends with Sky duke and got offered support.

Williamthefirst

Little birdy tweeted that Creati is in diplo with IL

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Updates On Conflicts Around W97:

The North West:

Side 1:
Tribes: AA, MAGA
Side 2:
Tribes: IPOD

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 99
Side 2: 90
Difference: 9

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 650,701
Side 2: 614,849
Difference: 35,852

chart

Side 1:
Tribes: AA, MAGA
Side 2:
Tribes: ~IL~, MF

Side 1: 21
Side 2: 29
Difference: 8

chart

Side 1: 110,751
Side 2: 170,484
Difference: 59,733

chart
The North East:

Side 1:
Side 2:
Tribes: Glutt

Side 1: 131
Side 2: 45
Difference: 86

chart

Side 1: 648,791
Side 2: 173,052
Difference: 475,739

chart

The South East:

Seems to have just really begun popping off but...

Side 1:
Side 2:
Tribes: KoBk.

Timeframe: Last 24 hours

Side 1: 3
Side 2: 0
Difference: 3

chart

Side 1: 22,419
Side 2: 0
Difference: 22,419

chart

The South West:

Side 1:
Tribes: Creati
Side 2:
Tribes: BOOB

Side 1: 138
Side 2: 30
Difference: 108

chart

Side 1: 904,096
Side 2: 199,764
Difference: 704,332

chart

Truth Breaker

~IL~ got forced into the war with AA because our useless leadership wanted to save their buddies in Annex. It is only fair if you include Annex in the AA vs ~IL~ war stats. Come on Fleezy.

samuel4699

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Its a shame some people just doesnt seem to like wars.

Let's have a fun war. Good luck to my mates in IL.

Edit: I obviously Hope kobk. win. :)

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
~IL~ got forced into the war with AA because our useless leadership wanted to save their buddies in Annex. It is only fair if you include Annex in the AA vs ~IL~ war stats. Come on Fleezy.

It's only fair if you post from your actual account and not hide behind this fake one. Come on Breaky

SergeantCrunsh

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

we went to war for many reasons. also because you accepted a noob player we specifically told you not to right into our k....and look how that turned out for him.

pour one out for otis, and his lil friend ayndimy is next