The War of the World?

ashoka1

AYK, interweaving is, as a general rule of thumb, a weak strategy when it comes to war. The problem is that it is a double edged sword, whilst being slightly stronger offensively, it is extremely weak defensively. Generally the tribes who win using it are only winning due to other superiorities (such as activity, size or skill).

Lets go into a hypothetical:

Tribe A is at war with Tribe B.
Tribe A has a front in K?? containing 1 player with 100 villages
Tribe B has a front in K?? containing 10 players with 10 villages each
Each village in K?? contains 4 full Defensive villages plus full village of front-liners choice.

Lets now say that Tribe A and Tribe B are completely evenly matched and decide to Op each others fronts with 8 nukes per village and this wipes out all of the stacks on both fronts with both tribes dodging their frontline troops.

The question here is, who has the advantage?

Tribe A is superior in 1 matter, number of nobles. In every other area it is vastly inferior. Because of the way that frontline outposts work, most of the villages are going to be offensive, which limits both the ability to defend villages that the 10 players can take as well as the 10 players already have once the stacks are gone. The 10 players also need 10 sitters/coplayers, the 1 player only needs 1. Without the backline defense, the frontline is essentially useless and is overrun by the other tribe.

The best thing about this, is generally those tribes who use this strategy are also very offensive, which is also weak in the late game, where defence becomes far superior to offense. SPAM vs Calm./PISSED war is a perfect example of this. If you look at the main theater of war, you see the very defensive SPAM tanking Calm.'s Offensives, putting 25 Calm. players out of the war using Ashoka1 alone, despite being 2/3 of Calm.'s size. SPAM's frontline is so overpowered because it contains a few players in very strong positions rather than many players in very weak positions, which allows them to wall attacks and gradually advance.
I do not agree with this ....every strategy has its flaws ...

I generally prefer a spread out approach with having interwoven cluster with my friends ....I did the same in w60. However things turned out different when slap phnx disbanded....most my friends quit...mostly gifting me their villages..thus giving me a big cluster in k55. When spam calm. Skirmish started spam had only 600 odd villages in k55 with 3/4 players ..ashoka1 having 430 of them. Calm had 1500 villages amongst 24/25 players...thus giving them superiority. However things changed as my account was stacked with about 1000 d villages. Having 3/4 d in each village. I only had about 270/300 frontline villages in k55 with less then 3 hour noble distance from a calm. Village...90%of my villages were D as I expected to be hit...a turtle....or a nub account....but these 400 d villages which was local and mobile saved me along with support from tribe and sitting help...

a player can only play 15/17 hours max.... Calm. Would have ripped through my frontlines in first three ops had it not for the group ism......when ex slap attacked only FEC attacked with them.....so I moved my troops from other side to villages near nitro or spunky. When jf smith ukpat awildabra sweet misery attacked. Ex slap didn't attack........and no one from ex valour ever attacked me....

ever. Interweaving is much better strategy if tribe or players work together...but when there are groups who like to work alone.....then it's easy....ex slap were a good group good players working well together.....so I split them....and gwar or rp never attacked me..blood star was too scared to attack....it was much easy tackling nitto and spunky alone then entire ex slap. As for strategy interweaving tribes have more defence more o troops and more nobles.....some of calm villages had 25/30 d in one village as players like fifth or ukpat had huge back lines to stack....but here they failed....calm.

Players over stacked their own villages and left players like spunky on mercy of God....nitto was defence provider so when an op on spunky was launched...a fake attack on nitto was launched ..making spunky vulnerable.....others were either too far away or had their troops over stacking their frontlines....thus resulting in a failure for calm.

I took huge losses for the nub I am, losing more then 330 villages.... nobbling only 80 thus a loss of more then 250 villages.....

had calm. Worked as a tribe....I would have been wiped out of k55. So it's not about clusters or interweaving ...it's about better execution of strategy at tribal level....there is always tribe first account later.....but ppl forget that....

I lost villages on k55 front...but spam gained .....in near by k ....we went ahead of calm. Not because of defense play but a mix of both......we have players like htm tjhooker dfc or YWIM or maker. Who when attacked one player that meant his end......

where as when calm. Attacked our frontlines it meant frustration on their part for not getting enough villages... A tribal op is not about throwing nukes around its about coordinating with frontline guys for nobbling after nuking....follow up if loyalty is low and train sniped....calm players never informed other group about this...if ukpat had a train sniped only uk or jf smith will attack and not nitto even if he is 3*3 ...making it easier for defendor....and vice versa...

only fifth worked with both groups....

third group of ex valour never attacked me...and I doubt they ever will ....

Last edited:

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I do not agree with this ....every strategy has its flaws ...I generally prefer a spread out approach with having interwoven cluster with my friends ....I did the same in w60. However things turned out different when slap phnx disbanded....most my friends quit...mostly gifting me their villages..thus giving me a big cluster in k55. When spam calm. Skirmish started spam had only 600 odd villages in k55 with 3/4 players ..ashoka1 having 430 of them. Calm had 1500 villages amongst 24/25 players...thus giving them superiority. However things changed as my account was stacked with about 1000 d villages. Having 3/4 d in each village. I only had about 270/300 frontline villages in k55 with less then 3 hour noble distance from a calm. Village...90%of my villages were D as I expected to be hit...a turtle....or a nub account....but these 400 d villages which was local and mobile saved me along with support from tribe and sitting help...a player can only play 15/17 hours max.... Calm. Would have ripped through my frontlines in first three ops had it not for the group ism......when ex slap attacked only fec attacked with them.....so I moved my troops from other side to villages near nitro or spunky. When jf smith ukpat awildabra sweet misery attacked. Ex slap didn't attack........and no one from ex valour ever attacked me....ever. Interweaving is much better strategy if tribe or players work together...but when there are groups who like to work alone.....then it's easy....ex slap were a good group good players working well together.....so I split them....and gwar or rp never attacked me..blood star was too scared to attack....it was much easy tackling nitty and spunky alone then entire ex slap. As for strategy interweaving tribes have more defence more o troops and more nobles.....some of calm villages had 25/30 d in one village as players like fifth or ukpat had huge back lines to stack....but here they failed....calm. Players over stacked their own villages and left players like spunky on mercy of God....nitto was defence provider so when an op on spunky was launched...a fake attack on nitto was launched ..making spunky vulnerable.....others were either too far away or had their troops over stacking their frontlines....thus resulting in a failure for calm. I took huge losses for the nub I am losing more then 330 villages nobbling only 80 thus a loss of more then 250 villages.....had calm. Worked as a tribe....I would have been wiped out of k55. So it's not about clusters or interweaving ...it's about better execution of strategy at tribal level....there is always tribe first account later.....but ppl forget that....I lost villages on k55 front...but spam gained .....in near by k ....we went ahead of calm. Not because of defense play but a mix of both......we have players like htm tjhooker dfc or twin or maker. Who when attacked one player that meant his end......where as when calm. Attacked our frontlines it meant frustration on their part for not getting enough villages... A tribal op is not about throwing nukes around its about coordinating with frontline guys for nobbling after nuking....follow up if loyalty is low and train sniped....calm players never informed other group about this...if ukpat had a train sniped only uk or jf smith will attack and not nitto even if he is 3*3 ...making it easier for defendor....and vice versa...only fifth worked with both groups....third group of ex valour never attacked me...and I doubt they ever will ....

Calm prepared when they decided to attack you Ashoka, the number of outpost they made surrounding you is great with this method they could easily launch long range nukes and noble near which is really an effective way of fast nobling an opponent( I attacked some of those outpost to prevent them from flanking you in the rear, they used this reasoning to engage our tribe in a skirmish).. The word positioning comes into play here..They think that you would easy roll over and die with the amount of attacks they will send, but they forget the fact that their fighting a tribe. Tribe Spam would do everything they can to protect its own.

ashoka1

Being a Nub has its own benefits...

when you are a great player like htm,tjhooker,orourke or ampac...you are expected to take care of most Incomings on your own...

but being a Nub lthat i am ..i can just ask dylan...for two things...

1) I need this much D villages in this much time as they are making an OP...

2) This guy is troubling me very much..i dont like him..can we make an OP..so he keeps quiet..

and the great guy ,dylan is...he generally obliges. :)

DeletedUser

Being a Nub has its own benefits...

when you are a great player like htm,tjhooker,orourke or ampac...you are expected to take care of most Incomings on your own...

but being a Nub lthat i am ..i can just ask dylan...for two things...

1) I need this much D villages in this much time as they are making an OP...

2) This guy is troubling me very much..i dont like him..can we make an OP..so he keeps quiet..

and the great guy ,dylan is...he generally obliges. :)

You are so right ashoka and even if you are not a big player, I remember when I first joined my area tried to take me out, and even in the midst of a war between h d spam sent me support who was their smallest member at that time, which really saved my arse, I would have been rimmed had it not been for a bonfire which only just stopped a noble.

DeletedUser

- defensive tribes rarely last late game, because of their slow progress, they end up quitting before the end.. This is a game of attrition, while defense is necessary, the one who is playing the more enjoyable game, generally sticks around the longest.

Noticed this and disagree with it, there are practically as many defensive tribe winners as offensive tribe winners. If SPAM were to win the world, we wouldn't class as an offensive tribe as our defensive strength probably far outweighs our offensive strength.

I think defensive tribes and players are given a bad reputation due to the prominence of unexperienced turtle tribes. In the early game, Offence is stronger than Defence, which is why a lot of experienced tribes are offensive. In the late game though, defence is far stronger than offence. There is one reason for this:

1. Stacking

As players grow larger, stacking becomes far more effective, essentially because there are more troops to work with. Stacking can be made even more effective through web support, which spreads losses out through several villages. I don't think the true strength of stacking has ever been displayed in a guide, so I have spoilered some proof I wrote for people to read if they want on why stacking lategame is so overpowered:

[SPOIL]Why Stacking is so Overpowered - A guide to crushing offensive opponents with superior defensive numbers

Everyone knows that stacking is a technique to defend against Offense, but most people do not realise how strong stacking is. I consider myself quite a strong defensive player and think I know what I am doing when it comes to defence. What I'm basically going to crunch some numbers to show how strong stacking really is and why defense is stronger than offense in the late game despite offense having quicker build times. To start off, I'm going to use the TW simulator to simulate some Defense vs. Offense clashes.

All simulations will be controlled as followed:

- Nuke (6164 axe, 2926 lcav, 300 ma, 220 ram) - 20468 farm space
- Defence (6468 spear, 5000 archer, 1500 hcav) - 20468 farm space
- 100% morale
- 0% luck
- Level 20 wall.

The next part is not that interesting but is necessary proof for graphs to come later.

Simulation of Nukes vs 1 full Defence + Level 20 wall:

8279345793_1d1b8983df_z.jpg

8279345843_e157e8b153_z.jpg

You lose 1 nuke and take the rest of the D out easily on the second. To put it as a number, you lose 1.26 full O's to take out the enemy's full D. Lets now double this.

Simulation of Nukes vs 2 full Defences + Level 20 wall:

8279355505_e9c590c400_z.jpg

8280413036_f5f1cb451d_z.jpg

8279355625_130ba5d5cd_z.jpg

8279355689_eb18b8f4cc_z.jpg

It takes 3.08 full Os to take out 2 full Ds. Now lets this again with 3 full Ds.

Simulation of Nukes vs 3 full Defences + Level 20 wall:

8280470936_bffd204858_z.jpg

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 19

8280471008_9a91bf1fb2_z.jpg

8279412945_5abd72cd04_z.jpg

8280471088_f75bc2f180_z.jpg

8279413091_e760c5692d_z.jpg

8280471184_fc689b8e9d_z.jpg

We can conclude that 5.15 full Os kill 3 full Ds.

Simulation of Nukes vs 4 full Defences + Level 20 wall:

8279372735_bc08107e20_z.jpg

8280430434_55b9b80524_z.jpg

8279372843_3de2a05035_z.jpg

8280430540_9faef37a64_z.jpg

8280430608_0e47bf3971_z.jpg

8279373017_5917441d85_z.jpg

8279373069_78d7142312_z.jpg

8279373115_82ec7f3f09_z.jpg

It takes 7.57 full Os to kill 4 full Ds

Processing the Raw Data

Now we have the raw data for the first four full Ds, we can analyse that data to discover meaningful results. By dividing the number of full Os died by the number of Ds, we can find the number of Os killed per full D killed for different number of starting Ds. Ive also added in 5-8 full Ds to get more data points.

1 full D: 1.26 Offenses died per full D killed
2 full Ds: 3.08/2 = 1.54 Offenses died per full D killed
3 full Ds: 5.15/3 = 1.71 Offenses died per full D killed
4 full Ds: 7.57/4 = 1.89 Offenses died per full D killed
5 full Ds: 10.09/5 = 2.02 Offenses died per full D killed
6 full Ds: 13.23/6 = 2.20 Offense died per full D killed
7 full Ds: 17.17/7 = 2.45 Offense died per full D killed
8 full Ds: 21.27/8 = 2.65 Offense died per full D killed

This just gives you an idea of how stacking kills off more and more Offense per D village as the stacks get bigger. This does eventually slope off into the higher numbers as it is not an exponential growth. That said, you can use this to give you an idea of what you should stack with. Your opponent has 1.5 times as many Os as you have Ds? You should stack with 2+ defenses. Your opponent has twice as many Os as you have Ds? You should stack with 5+ defenses.

Anyways, this gave me an idea to find the number of Os it would take to kill off a theoretical number of Ds. I made a graph of the above data and added a polynomial best fit line as it suited the data:

8280538672_ecb17301aa_z.jpg

Using the equation of the best fit line, one can find out the number of Os needed to clear for a theoretical number of Ds. For example with 15Ds:

y = 0.205x[SUP]2[/SUP]+1.079x
y = 0.205(225)+1.079*15
y = 62.31 Os

I calculated an actual value of 58.31Os so it is a bit off, but for modelling 1-12Ds (it is unlikely you will encounter villages over 12Ds), it is very close to the mark.

Conclusion

In conclusion, stacking, co-ordinated with web support is killer. The bigger stack, the better. Have fun killing enemy O for cheap.[/SPOIL]

I might spruce that up if I actually decide to convert that into a full stacking guide but the point I am making is clear. SPAM was 2/3's of Calm.'s size and therefore Calm. should theoretically have had 1.5 Offenses for every defense of SPAMs. If you play a pure numbers game, it looks like Calm. would steamroll SPAM due to number of Os alone. However, by hitting stacks of 5Ds and above on Ashoka1, Calm's Os were obliterated a lot faster than SPAM's D was.

Tribes that take advantage of their strong defensive strength such as SPAM can easily shut down offensive tribes like Calm. just through numbers alone. Of course the enemy can just rebuild their offense and resend in two weeks. This is easier said than done though, because playing Offense is a double edged sword. You seem to suggest that playing offensively is more fun, which is not neccessarily true. I will agree that it is more fun when you with. However it is less fun than successfully defending (which is easier to do than successfully attacking due to stacking and other defensive techniques) when you lose all your O to stacks, build up again and lose all your O again for minimal to no gain. In essence, you are only playing the funner game when you are winning. On a tribal level, a player losing villages is bad for morale, but failing Ops is worse for morale as it is a shared failure of the tribe rather than exclusively affecting one player. Because of the influence on internal morale of Op failure, defensive tribes can actually benefit in wars of attrition compared to highly offensive tribes late game. Yes, you need O to take villages, but tribes that place a bigger emphasis on a solid defence generally come out on top.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashoka1

I agree fully with above...Though i lost 280 villages...in a 3 month period..that cost calm. about 10-12 K dead Nukes...

i know offense is fun...but defensive play isnt bad either if you are prepared for it...

It takes a lot more time for player concerned on defense play..

constant movement of troops...local D moving in all nearby villages being hit
building walls
sorting new attacks....
finding the pattern and removing fake attacks ..
stacking as nukes hit...
sniping if needed...
fast support after snipe or recap
finding the gap between nukes & nobles and inserting D between them..

all this is easier when only 3/5 players attack as they are doing now..

however when 15 players were attacking it was a difficult thing..

but we enjoyed it ..and best was killing 80-100 nukes targeted on one village...

most players would leave that village undefended but...whenever they sent more then 50 nukes on 1 village...everything was killed...coz as dylan said ...higher the stack..easier it is to kill

if you send 100 nukes..i will just put 5 DV and 15000 Cats..with bonny
:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Dylan, I think part of our debate would partially come down to definition of offensive vs defensive. While I suppose many would consider a tribe with more defense than offense as a defensive tribe, I was suggesting it more at a playstyle level. Tribes with 100% defense aren't going to be able to noble, and tribes with 100% offensive aren't going to be able to hold a village.

In my eyes, regardless of number of nukes a tribe has, an offensive tribe generally throws a lot of nukes around for the sake of throwing the nukes around, and large amounts of attacks in general, but they generally do it strategically, whether it's to wear down an opponent, to keep them constantly moving their defense, to keep them off balance, so they don't have the time to attack back, they rarely will throw them over and over at the same target. They'll throw attacks in 4 directions making most of the stacking seem pointless. While it's easy to stack against people throwing nukes around, an offensive team is going to make you stack over and over and over again in different areas, in an effort to tire out the constant stacking, and tire out organization in doing so. I personally would rather be on the side of the attacker, you log in on your own time, fire your nukes off, and go outside to enjoy the weather :p~ An offensive minded tribe rarely will look at defense first if they are being attacked, they are going to immediately organize attacks right back at any attackers to put them on their heels, which gives them the time to organize their own defenses, and generally slows down or scares off attackers.

A defensive tribe is someone who is going to react with support requests, and planning defense first, and trying to make sure everything is in place so they can slowly trudge along. While a defensive minded tribe can stop an assault in its tracks, and demoralize the enemy, it can also slow the pace of the game down to the point where it feels almost unbearable to play it, which is why I'm not a fan of the strategy over all, and feel in a lot of cases people get bored and move on. However, I do believe both strategies if executed properly can be effective, and if the players are stubborn enough on either strategy, both will carry you through to the end.

Obviously both strategies go far deeper than the above, but that's more or less where I'm coming from. One of the things I found most often with defense first tribes was that when beat (like any tribe!), they always came up with the excuse that their defense was on another front, and they couldn't respond quick enough, or because they played defensive which slowed their growth, the opposing tribe was just bigger than them. But that's all part of the strategy, offense pushes for the quick finish, to outgrow their opponent, and beat them into submission by making them work constantly to defend their villages. And while it is frustrating to hit a wall as an offensive tribe, the next move should always be planned so that you move on from it immediately, and it's forgotten about, after all they are only troops and can be retrained. That said, I've seen it enough times where an offensive tribe leaves because they just don't see the fun in playing against turtles, which is really just another way of saying their strategy got beat. It's hard to say which is the better strategy in a perfect world with both sides committed through to the end, which is why the most stubborn group, who executes their strategy well will often win out, regardless of which is better.

And I have to agree Ashoka, stopping thousands of nukes / nobles in their tracks can be a lot of fun, but only if you have a tribe willing to sit/support, and help with it. If you are forced to do it all yourself, it's a recipe for disaster. That's why I like offensive side, being forced to play 12-16 hours a day to defend sucks, but logging in as part of a 20 man task force, and doing your part in an hour is hardly draining at all :p~

ashoka1

For any strategy to be perfect ..it has to be balanced ..a good mix of both O and D...

At a tribal level....every player has its own role..If you look at OD....7 out of top 10 are from spam atm....( fifth was a good O player..) including him calm./pissed/24326 would have 3 players in top 10 ODA club...

so it suggest our Offensive players played their part well ...ripping through the enemy frontlines and making them quit....so our backlines could advance ...

ODA rankings
RankNameDefeated
1Hells Toy Master [SPAM]117,23 Mil
2your world is mine [SPAM]110,48 Mil
3uk patriot [24326]96,36 Mil
4TjHooker [SPAM]96,29 Mil
5ampac [SPAM]96,18 Mil
6dfcaseykevin [SPAM]82,88 Mil
7Thak [24326]79,41 Mil
8orourke368 [SPAM]63,13 Mil
9Lord SQ [TCRT]63,08 Mil
10xharris [SPAM]62,77 Mil

if we look at ODD rankings ...

RankNameDefeated
1ASHOKA1 [SPAM]328,68 Mil
2orourke368 [SPAM]164,94 Mil
3lori912 [24326]163,29 Mil
4POTMirana [SPAM]155,25 Mil
5relentlessly pleasant [24326]150,86 Mil
6kraig109 [24326]110,22 Mil
7xharris [SPAM]89,17 Mil
8The Bloodstaar [DMW]86,44 Mil
9Ventrilous [24326]85,20 Mil
10TjHooker [SPAM]82,78 Mil

spam has 5 out of top 10 players for ODD....as compared to 4 of calm/pissed/24326...

the only difference was...that SPAM's entire Play was controlled/coordinated by its leadership with a view to make tribe successful..where as in calm it was ...who will take control of the tribe...

which group will race ahead in total conquers..thus a problem of not helojng each other..leaders deleting player claims ...for their own account benefits...

some other leaders /council members favoring their friends from past world over others ...thus people when saw incomings..chose to quit instead of standing for their tribe...

we got mails from sitters saying...noone bothers to sit accounts and he alone is sitting 4 accounts and fed up of entire situation....with ppl saying that they arent getting support from backlines...

where us we in spam get mails like this

" WHat villas need support bro?

Give me bbcodes "

This mail i just got few hours back...

my reply

" all seems fine .."

this is the reason...irrespective of strategy or play we chose it all comes down to leadership and players in the tribe..if they trust each other ..care for each other...then they will do just fine...otherwise they will keep quitting...

DeletedUser

Don't get me wrong, I think that both of the pure defensive and pure offensive strategies are unviable. Those strategies you posted for Offensive and Defensive tribes would both fall flat in-game for reasons I think are quite apparent. Therefore I think a redefinition is needed for Offensive and Defensive tribes. Taking what you said about Offensive and Defensive tribes, I think a scale can be made from completely Offensive to completely Defensive with most tribes lying in the middle. This would make both types of tribes merely more likely to use one strategy over another or have a mix that is more leaning towards offensive play or defensive play.

As for the mix, I would say leaning more defensive has its perks as well as leaning more offensive. That said, both are viable and are more dependent on other factors (activity, leadership, teamwork, loyalty etc.) than the validity of the strategies themselves.

DeletedUser

A lot of back patting going on here nowadays. I was sat in your skype chat for weeks, there were several moments where Calm had you on a real back foot. People were losing faith, DA was busy, etc. Check your logs. SPAM aren't in the position they are in now because they applied some vastly superior strategy as of yet undiscovered by Calm. At the start of the war Calm essentially had two viable targets, Ashoka and orouke, (players who had not configured their backline/front line ratio effectively). They didn't quit under pressure, a lot of Calm's players in similar positions did. There are a lot of factors that contributed to that, but differences in strategy played very little part. SPAM's players have just wanted the win more so far.

DeletedUser

A lot of back patting going on here nowadays. I was sat in your skype chat for weeks, there were several moments where Calm had you on a real back foot. People were losing faith, DA was busy, etc. Check your logs. SPAM aren't in the position they are in now because they applied some vastly superior strategy as of yet undiscovered by Calm. At the start of the war Calm essentially had two viable targets, Ashoka and orouke, (players who had not configured their backline/front line ratio effectively). They didn't quit under pressure, a lot of Calm's players in similar positions did. There are a lot of factors that contributed to that, but differences in strategy played very little part. SPAM's players have just wanted the win more so far.

I wonder if you really read our chat. I don't think I have ever been "busy" or "taken a break" when SPAM has been in need of me as a leader. That is jfsmith3, not me.

Before the war, Calm. was the king. After what happened with Valour, I think most people expected you guys to win the world. You really did do a number on them. Most people outside of SPAM expected us to be crushed by you guys, especially people in Valour. So what was the sort of feeling in the skype chat in the few weeks after Calm. launched on us straight out of an NAP? I think people laughed at Calm. This was beause Calm. was not Calm. the invincible that had won the Valour war decisively. You see, Calm. was not the same as SPAM minus a winning spirit (though we may have that on you as well). We were better organised, more focused on team play, we weren't factioned, our Ops were smarter, our members participated more, defense was organised before villages were lost rather than a reaction to losing villages, our leaders weren't bickering at each other, we had more sitters.

And to UK patriot, that is all a fluke, because guys on every front with SPAM that weren't part of his and Jf's crew didn't want to win as much as SPAM did. Why not pat ourselves on the back? My tribe made the tribe that was supposed to win the world look like a running joke in W60 and is doing it again to its successor.

I have never once said SPAM is a brilliant tribe, in fact I think they are held back by me a lot. That said, the only thing Calm. had on SPAM at the start of the war was size. We were superior in nearly every other aspect, hence ended the war far ahead.

ashoka1

At the start of the war Calm essentially had two viable targets, Ashoka and orouke, (players who had not configured their backline/front line ratio effectively). They didn't quit under pressure, a lot of Calm's players in similar positions did.

Well if i was a SPAM player right from start ...then my Account location would have been totally different...However...I was a Slap Player ...Which was mainly a k55/56/45 tribe..The reason of me having 75% of my villages in k55.

After joining spam in end june and before the start of skirmish..in end aug...i developed about 200 backline villages to provide me with D and safety...

As for other things,i think DA has already replied.

I think i have faced attacks from most players in calm/pissed/puppy...

You know the reason why noone in spam frontline quit even after losing villages...

coz looking at attacks...we knew we are facing a tribe full of players ...who may be skilled /active ..but they dont believe in team play...i realized this within first 10 days of you war...when after the second OP hit me...

JFSMITH ..after seeing that it has failed...distanced himself saying he didnt have anything to do with it..if it was his planned OP then i would have been wiped out...

then he went on to clear my k41 villages..losing more then 500 nukes on what 700 villages and then taking help of gavel..and not some calm. players...

yes i lost villages....for 2 reasons..

i am a nub ..not a very good player like some of our accounts..like orourke/htm/tjhooker/zambouta/xharris...

i made a mistake of converting my most frontline villages to D...thus negating my chances of recaps...

however i was mentally prepared to lose over 150 villages in first hit of war...and i lost less then 15...only ecause even after the villages were cleared ..nearby players didnt send nobles...they were not informed by nukers...nobles were sent by same crew...from long range after first train failed...

the only way to take a village where train has been sniped is send short range nuke nobles...which calm. adopted only after 2 months barring nitto/spunky and fifth..

by that time i didnt have local D left to snipe anyway...

As for tribes...i think i made the best decision possible when i joined error and then spam..... instead of merging with james/berny on thak...and join calm...

ashoka1

STATS

Statistics

RankNameTribeConquered villagesLost villagesDefeated opponents while attackingDefeated opponents while defending
1Hells Toy MasterSPAM7325.793.642139.357
2TjHookerSPAM6315.549.11872.226
3dfcaseykevinSPAM5153.992.53642.054
4xharrisSPAM4227.493.2846.470.343
5orourke368SPAM4043.891.902292.789
6PogodasSPAM3679.798.9831.411.014
7ampacSPAM3247.809.913609.443
8your world is mineSPAM311014.277.4962.281.810
9ASHOKA1SPAM2782.779.10319.631.913
10texaspete001SPAM2553.712.19522.329.288
11uk patriotWWW16512.380.73118.112.795
12Art 07SPAM1409.358.215143.214
13VentrilousWWW14262253.11540.186.728
14jfsmith3WWW1395.209.4482.247.343
15lori912WWW8271.422.46930.384.151
16Boxing KangarooSPAM819.331.20916.643.810
17mhigzieSPAM80486.876741.492
18Von HallanderSPAM7131.318.2358.382.879
19tsmanningWWW7411.886.00318.905.485
20sc0terSPAM60263.7040
21sweetmiseryWWW621.696.1374.488.327
22kraig109WWW6271.030.70318.487.624
23AlystaSPAM535.672.22081.320
24POTMiranaSPAM307.3181.100.136
25fel17SPAM313.030.1320
26wakelinSPAM30424.272264
27DwildSPAM301.836.71164.611
28Marshall BKWWW203.472.2121.554.080
29nathan huntWWW124160.402535.739
30IshmahriSPAM121.447.6091.389.643
31ScottydoesknowSPAM101.790.925326.689
32hunty69SPAM102.177.8750
33ThakWWW11331.403.048
34WINCHENSPAM12286.1803.685
35h46acWWW102.998.030117.249
36poespassWWW115344.93213.072.270
37Apollwnas*SPAM005.427.1130
38Lady of RageWWW020405.979
39strapazanSPAM002.2890
40GorillazInTheMISTWWW015138.0021.038.506
41hungrywolfSPAM001.811.3230
42Allday187SPAM01049
43oldworldWWW007.570815.705
44AwildAbraWWW00672.297246.651
45Echoes Of LoveWWW001.126.8420
46aurelian74WWW00302.6480
47RealisticaWWW004.7720
48herobrine1WWW0001.874.492
49relentlessly pleasantWWW03343.626.029
50vtsuperboiWWW001.424.3480
51Pinky n the BrainWWW011275.6354.852.471
52TheTaylorGangSPAM00092
53BadBanneRSPAM002.620.0160
54PacharaWWW000504.083
55AsingatoWWW030182
56psichoata4SPAM001.226.6000
57ZaCRoPhAgE6660001.366
58harsh595SPAM0353.4976.546.596
59Ruzzante-*S*-000348.974
60crazyeightWWW001.737.810723.492
61sta17mattywagonWWW010726.273
62Alias DragonovWWW014.535.0844.612.625
63fizzolioSPAM0057.662975.703
64GreFunkyWWW00298.6986.073.194
65swanny11WWW000422
66Andre MarcolinoWWW003.154.7300
67JeanGrangerSPAM025.432.0414.381.004
68Doctor DaviesWWW052.2126.704.899

Last edited:

ashoka1

Over the break ,i was thinking why calm/pissed/puppy failed to click when they were bigger then spam.Had some good members.Then i came across something which i feel is the single reason for calm. doing badly.
For a tribe to do well ,Members must place Tribe first and their account later.However when that doesnt happen due to fear or greed then it results in failures.

When a person fears that if he supports his tribe mate then he will be short of D or O troops he stops coordinating with others.

When a person Becomes greedy then he thinks that when his tribe mate will lose the village he will recap and his account will grow.80% of times he cant recap and tribe loses.

These are small examples of what happened i calm.

Pinky n the Brain on 22.12.2012 at 09:31 Quote Edit
Free (610|535) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (619|549) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (620|548) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (622|546) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (620|550) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (620|547) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (620|549) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (619|548) K56
Boxing Kangaroo gave me od xx (617|549) K56

Important we dont lose these villages. Any help will be welcome.
Pinky n the Brain on 22.12.2012 at 21:53 Quote Edit Delete
Well it was fun while it lasted 4.7 million od in the last 24 hours or so makes me have a place on the war stats.
crazyeight on 22.12.2012 at 22:35 Thanks Quote
Cant you snipe any of the incoming? I dont think many people have support to send there sorry
Pinky n the Brain on 22.12.2012 at 23:47 Quote Edit Delete
no need to worry now.
Alias Dragonov today at 16:30 Thanks Quote
Why are you naming them free?
Pinky n the Brain today at 16:46 Quote Edit Delete
Ive named the one thats out the way free and im gifting it to spam.

I cant support it the tribe cant help me so no point being on the frontline.

Also anyone want my k55 just launch i will clear them if not im sure spam will take them off me.
Thak today at 17:00 Thanks Quote
I can take the village.
Pinky n the Brain today at 17:17 Quote Edit Delete
I don't care who has them but i will not be defending k55 or k56 or k54 villages that belong to me.

So hurry up and launch if you can defend them take them.

Here THAK is ready to noble villages of pinky and then defend them.

However he doesnt have troops to support them when his tribe mate is asking D.

If there was such a post in SPAM forum(there wouldnt have been Though) then the guy must have been talked to,provided enough D,support,sits and motivation.

i think thats the difference.

Purpose of this post is not to flame..but a wish that Ex calm/www/pissed/puppy get its act together.This world is far from over.

lets have some fun.

DeletedUser

You missed the part where he asked for support and said " if you can not get support there in 24 hours then forget it"
Most players would not be able to get support there in enough time. The thinking is that there are noble trains on the way and there is no point in sending troops. This was obviously not the case as the village survived longer then that. Then with break coming up all he needed to do was make it until then and he could get support there but instead he decided to gift them away.

Also this player has 450 villages and I would say a majority of them are back line so i am just thinking he might have been able to maybe support himself. Just sayin'

ashoka1

You missed the part where he asked for support and said " if you can not get support there in 24 hours then forget it"
Most players would not be able to get support there in enough time. The thinking is that there are noble trains on the way and there is no point in sending troops. This was obviously not the case as the village survived longer then that. Then with break coming up all he needed to do was make it until then and he could get support there but instead he decided to gift them away.

Also this player has 450 villages and I would say a majority of them are back line so i am just thinking he might have been able to maybe support himself. Just sayin'

villages were not gifted..atleast i cleared whatever villages i nobled.

you can check his ODD and my ODA change.

however no attempt was made to properly defend them..

DeletedUser

Ive named the one thats out the way free and im gifting it to spam.

With a cluster like that I would have been able to snipe/recap long enough to get to break or had them sufficiently self supported.

Ask not what your tribe can do for you but what you can do for your tribe.

ashoka1

I don't care who has them but i will not be defending k55 or k56 or k54 villages that belong to me.

So hurry up and launch if you can defend them take them

DeletedUser

Non defending and gifting are to me for the most part the same thing but I see your point.