The Weekly Chow: Capitol Hill

Chow Time

Reaction score
What a wonderful K44 world we live in.

This time we're coming at you live from the Barb and Carb Bistro here in my beautiful sunny hometown, Los Angeles, California. Just this morning I walked past two influencers suited up as lifeguards holding starbucks coffee cups posing in front of a blank wall on Sunset Blvd. That's real. Why? I don't know. It's not even close to the beach. Uber prices are getting expensive down here. Were they going to walk to the beach? It's like 7 miles away. I don't think they even know CPR. One thing's for sure. If Ragestyles was a lifeguard when I was a kid, I definitely would've dove head first into the deep end without floaties.

startup queen.png
Please consult a doctor if you don't recognize this movie. It's a classic.

We don't care that you're actually a dude. Let's keep the dream alive.

World 120 is starting to get spicy, which we here at The Daily Chow (release schedule pending) are absolutely delighted to hear. Given that we are currently unfunded, we're going to have to let this simmer a little more until there's enough to actually talk about. Here are a couple segments, and we've got a really special guest lined up for you all this time so be sure to stay tuned until the end.

Let's chow down.

Why Is The PP Gone?
PP Gone.png

We here at Chow Time are honest dudes. We play fairly. This of course means that we have never spent a single PP ever over the past ten years once ever for real. We have collected some over the years for sure, but it all just begs the question. If we haven't spent any of our PP, then where has it all gone?

Seas of fortune is whack. If you want to sail, go play Grepolis. Bring back the mountain event. Black and I probably spent about $400 on day one of this event before realizing that the daily special was a hot plate of Brazilian donkey crap. F A V E L A has cooked me better meals. We think these three days offer the best available daily specials. Debate in the comments.

seas.png

From a moral standpoint, this event is completely unethical. These "expeditions" are nothing like simple scouting parties on land. Tell me, how is it that the expeditions are conducted, information is retrieved, yet nobody from the expedition is available for the next step of the expedition? Why is it that more and more crew members need to be recruited when the first group did perfectly fine? Why didn't that group just go further and explore more? They seemed to be doing a good job. We paid them up front for a year's worth of work. They must be dead. This whole expedition process is endangering our workers, is systematically evil, and is draining all of our pp. It must go.

Are Bonus Villages Health Foods?
burger.png

Black, Bubu, and I have been working the farm now for a spicy hot minute. It ain't much, but we scavenge enough to get by... normally. The plantations have become afflicted with a nasty, nasty plague and it's starting to affect far too many crops. We can no longer stand idly by and do nothing like a pack of Brits watching something crazy go down on the tube while traveling to Piccadilly Circus. None of us here at The Weekly Chow are British, so we're here to spill the tea.

Black pulled his notes out from when he was still in academy and they clearly show five simple steps towards success in this game:
  1. Farm barbarian villages
  2. Use Illegal Scripts brazilian breakout section of the course only
  3. Noble other players
  4. ???
  5. Profit.
Just got off the phone with Eminem, and I'm gonna tell you all the same thing I told him. Times. Have. Changed. In the words of Slim Shady himself:
I would go and take a break from killing MGK
If I could take a vill and still ignore the ODA
Inspirational.

Let's take ULTRA BEAST as a case study:

ultra beast.png

As you can see, Wang, Gon, and Isaac clearly have been operating under a different manual. We managed to lift the following strategy from a page in their diary:
  1. Noble barbarian villages and occasionally ourselves
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
You finished step one fellas, hats off, but now what? Those barbs are gonna be gone faster than my ex after she found out I play tribalwars on the side. It doesn't seem like you have much of a plan. We here at Chow Time are actually registered as mentors so feel free to shoot us a mail in-game if you need any help planning this out. For fair warning, we don't come cheap.

The Interview (feat. Joe Biden)

Biden.png
Sleepy Joe

The boys and i were on a date, going on a leisurely stroll around the park with this cute goth girl when someone much more attractive jaunted by. We did what any of you would do, immediately kicked her to the curb and took our new toy back home with us. Things didn't end up getting too frisky. We prefer to do pillow talk first and the three of us just ask too many god damn questions and Bubu gets far too political for his own good. Here's a couple highlights.

Joe, we know you as the president are very close to the Obama family. Is it true what we've been hearing in the news about you and Michelle?
Yes, yes, my old friends Michelle and her husband Barack. The news about them organizing a ball around K44 are sort of true, however it wasn't much of a ball, more of a casual dancing, Michelle (TMP and Warpig) decided to go and party with Barrack (Kek), she's been nagging us for days on discord and in game to join them but I am too old and tired for the parties. Luckily for Barrack, Hillary (AD) joined the dancing and is showing some good moves lol.
In recent times, Pepe the frog has come under fire for being an American alt-right symbol. Can you provide any information on the goals of this new dangerous PEPE faction?
Comon man, really, Pepe and Alt Right, are you CNN, it is 2021 for goodness sake! Isn't PEPE a symbol of trolling and meme culture? We have nothing to do with any sides of politics or particular views, politics and religion should be kept outside of tribal wars, anyone who thinks otherwise is silly. Why PEPE as a name? I think we were just lazy, we've been spamming so many emojis in discord that we picked it as a server icon and then our name. It turned out to be a fitting one since we have Kek bye playing the same world. We are like fire and ice, one is laughing as the other is weeping, a perfect balance lol.
As for our goals, we have very high expectations. I believe there is no point having a tribe if you're not thinking of winning the game. So this is our goal. How are we going to achieve it? Grinding one day at a time, overcoming all the obstacles and dramas you get thrown at you. It helps that we have a great team, very active leadership and a secret weapon straight outta Brazil with their magical, mythical scripts, lol.
Can you tell me more about PEPE, how it all started for you guys? Maybe a bit more about your merger with Brodis and your expansion plans?
It started with a few W118 friends (Daddy Richard, Lochran and Charlton) who had the idea of bringing the team on another world as premade. The idea grew and grew and they managed to roster 24 accounts with 55 players ready to rumble. Few things changed since then but those three are still here playing and we love them. And yes, the infamous merge, i was trolling Brodison externals and a lot of players thought we would get into a fight but behind the scenes we've been discussing with them what was the best way going forward for both of us. We were at similar size and fighting would likely end up in a stalemate resulting in complete disaster. Hats off to Brodis leadership as they put their ego aside, and approached us with a decent plan for merger. We decided not to leave anyone behind but to get 20 players from each tribe in PEPE and 20 each in PEPE.br. Coordination took a lot of work but it was worth it. We didn’t drop a single account. Often tribes often just ‘trim the fat and internal’ as it is easier to merge this way but for us it was all about doing the right thing and showing players they can trust us we won't throw them to the wolves. The merge revitalized and strengthened the tribe, we expanded the leadership team and eliminated the only obstacle standing in our way to uncontested growth. As to expansion plans, we carefully control what is happening on our backline expanding on the majority of NE rim, we've picked up a few good players and there are no significant rim tribes that could be of any threat. In regards to the Core area, it is getting busy, we've put some pressure on OFR and the tribe disbanded which made an opening for PEPE.
Incredible. I must ask. Mr. President, while you've been living on the east, the west has been facing one of the biggest expansions in income inequality in all of history. What is your plan to tackle this problem?
What do you expect? You have a premade that started working on their roster 3 months before the world started, some insane spenders, players who can farm 100k pp on a world without breaking a sweat, some players farmed pp on w120 selling ressies to their own players to later use it on their own growth at a better rate. The west is packed with pp rich accounts and it is showing in the rate they are growing. Kek bye are doing exactly what they should be doing and they deserve to get credit for it. When was the last time you've heard of a tribe that has put so much work into pre-game recruitment and account preparation? It is impressive. Now that the event is past the flag boosters we will see the gap between the top tribe and the rest growing larger and larger, and there is not much anyone can do about it. What is my plan to tackle this problem? I don't see it as inequality, rather something Kek had to do if they are serious about winning the world with gangbang being quite real. To be honest I don't think much about their growth or the rest of the west. I am focused on our tribe and how we can optimize our growth. We have been working very hard to keep all accounts active, to find co players where needed and get us in the best possible shape before the wars of mid game start.
Lets shift the convo. Everyone seems to be focusing on KekBye, but what do you think about other notable tribes? Are there any?
Rave and Stop are looking rock solid. I have plenty of friends in both tribes and have confidence they will end up in late game controlling their quarters. You can already see a clear division of the map between 4 dominant tribes. I can’t see any tribes from the core making it to the late game . AD, TMP and Warpig are fighting Kek bye which I guess is good for the rest of us but ultimately they will be beaten up and best players will have to find a new home. I just heard AD broke the cool down and attacked Kek, I’m wondering how much Kirk had to do with that lol. He was trying hard to build a large coalition against Kek bye but to be honest that will fail before this week ends.
People out here really do be trying to capture each other eh? What's your take on taking barbs instead?
The meta has changed; scavenging, more use of pp, 20:1 ratio and the event are responsible for the slaughter of the barbs. Looking at myself, Sleepy Joe account nobled only 2 player owned villages, the rest (20 villages) were all bonus villages or barbs, there are another 20 bonus caps in the making. There must be 100+ players doing similar thing so I guess you can call it a standard now.
PP certainly has been flying everywhere. Have you been playing the recent event? What do you think about its impact on the game?
I just wanted to add that the day Inno decided to run this event was the death sentence for barb nation. A lot of players got the flag booster on the 4th day of the event and since then they have been burning all the res packs minting. The event is very expensive and top rewards are luck based hence some players consider the event to be ‘crap’ . But personally I don't mind it. Players with deep pockets can enjoy it a lot . My account spent 12k pp on day 1, 24k pp on day 4 and we’ll spend another 20k over 2 more days. So far I’ve boosted WH in 14 villages by 25% which had a combined 25,000,000 capacity (it increased to 32kk) , I’ve got 25 flag boosters and 350% res packs. It’s a combination I was hoping for so how can I complain about the event? The impact? Well for once you will have a shit ton of salty players who don’t have the pp to run the event. Secondly you will have those jumping ahead in growth anyong the salty players even more. And then you have Ultra who’s in his own league, kek. Just a tip for the salty players that don’t have pp, stop complaining about rules not being fair and get to work! You can farm decent pp, but change your tactic, having 1 village with pits at 24 won't give you much pp. You need to put the hours, play normally to 3-4 villages, spread them between core and rim continents, farm, scavenge, play the markets. There are some friends who made over 100K pp on W120, they are super excited to use it when W121 opens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here at the chow we are dedicated to providing medium quality meme content reliably every week, and like this time, we will continue to do so. This go around we decided to keep it a bit more light hearted, but a lot has been happening! In the next issue, we'll be adopting a more serious tone and will be diving into some analytics related to the war that is actually happening right now. Data and charts are things we do for a living so you actually will not want to miss it.

We received a lot of fan mail in-game and got a healthy amount of internet points from the last post which has been really inspiring, but know that just like the actual game, we don't do it for the points, we do it because we're bored. People will truly do anything for content. *winks at dreaaamyr*.

Don't forget to drink water. Like, comment, subscribe, and smash that bell icon (it honestly does result in us making better content)

- bubu
- black
- bold

Last edited:

Sleepy Joe

Reaction score
Seas of fortune is whack. If you want to sail, go play Grepolis. Bring back the mountain event. Black and I probably spent about $400 on day one of this event before realizing that the daily special was a hot plate of Brazilian donkey crap. F A V E L A has cooked me better meals. We think these three days offer the best available daily specials. Debate in the comments.

seas.png

I would argue that res packs at the last day are a better choice that eat chests. Also improved connections on day 1.
All accounts maxing WH know what I am talking about. Also for pp abusers not having troops is not the issue so war footing not even that important. It’s all s as our resources, nobles and munching more barbs.

Also thanks again to the three authors this very entertaining post. Keep it up and we can’t wait to read your ‘war analysis’

Last edited:

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
If I could upvote more than once, I would.

Have some reddit gold lol

Also F for the event, for sure most players here had to dig deep into their wallets.
Some are even pushing on top of that, fucking fantastic game