The whole truth and nothing but the truth

Muldie325

If this is just one of my fantasies, then every POKE'er shares my "fantasy".

[5/2/2010 11:14:31 AM] habla: after poke failed

[4/18/2010 10:48:36 PM] habla: I was one of the few in poke who actually managed to rule my area
[4/18/2010 10:48:40 PM] habla: everyone was inactive :(

[4/10/2010 3:53:26 PM] lardingd: lardingd still has horrers from poke
[4/10/2010 3:53:29 PM] habla: lol
[4/10/2010 3:53:36 PM] lardingd: us americans were abused ;(
[4/10/2010 3:53:42 PM] habla: what's wrong with sitting 15 accs every night?
[4/10/2010 3:53:51 PM] lardingd: >_>
[4/10/2010 3:53:55 PM] lardingd: lacrossbum
[4/10/2010 3:53:59 PM] lardingd: was averaging like 25

POKE had a lot of good players. But it was a fail really.

PS:

[10:27:23 PM] Shelly: quote me .... i was in poke and sold them out to die because they were cowards!

lol :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Eh? Bet they're talking about the later POKE, when everyone quit.
My team and I got wiped out long before that, so I honestly don't know anything about W10 after the first few months. ^^

Ask Highlander or Bwah, I believe their teams survived longer.

DeletedUser

My area never had any trouble, we had ramless nukes come at us, months into the world! :D

You can't comment on "unfulfilled potential" when it was your first world and you have no idea who was in the tribe at the start compared to who actually played in the world past the first week. There were weak spots in the ball just because of that, and those are the parts that collapsed. There were still other parts of the the ball that went on to thrive.

Kinda hard to measure the "failure" of the tribe when in some sections, it was one person taking on almost a whole K by themselves. I'd like to see the outcome any different for anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

R4KI asked my tribe to help them with ONE and OMEN, when we tried to organise a NAP or alliance. Maybe they are on thier way down. We only have 25 members and they were tring to either divert attention from themselves or actually wanted us to help (not likely they actually wanted help, bit too obivous to us)
yes there are many small tribes unting against R4KI,

DeletedUser

R4ki would never do anything that doesnt favour themselves, so if they ask your tribe for help they will either just break your alliance after the war and eat your members, or take in some of your members and eat the rest ^^

DeletedUser

or there would be no alliance and my tribes would be fighting the two tribes they asked us to attack, and thats why we arent doing it

DeletedUser

I see I've been quoted, so I'll expand a little from the skype log.

Eh? Bet they're talking about the later POKE, when everyone quit.
My team and I got wiped out long before that, so I honestly don't know anything about W10 after the first few months. ^^

Ask Highlander or Bwah, I believe their teams survived longer.

I was Bwah's neighbour, and nobody took me out. I quit and gifted my vills to him when I had about 400-500k points.

POKE failed, no doubt about it. The sitting thing was only one aspect. Most of our players were europeans, and the guys who weren't had a hard time when many players just dumped their accounts on them for night sitting.

The ring was a valid idea, and could've worked, but it needed better distribution of players across timezones, and it needed all players to be dedicated to that world. Or IG recruitment had to be started sooner than it was. This is almost three years ago now, so I don't remember specifics, but I guesstimate that half the original players were gone after two months. Either quit or too inactive to matter. Some players were active and took control of their area, but far from all.

But I still say POKE was the best tribe I've ever been in. Recruiting started in may, W10 started in august. We had an off-site forum (still up and active) and irc channel from the start, so we got to know each other before the hassle of actually playing a world began. The fact that we still have contact through a skype room for former POKE players says it all. It's by far the best tribe I've been in when it comes to the social stuff, and let's be honest, that's what keeps all of us here. You don't return to play the game, you return to play with your friends.

DeletedUser

I agree. Even if the tribe failed in the end (the probability of that happening was too big because of the ring structure), POKE still was the best tribe ever because of all the social stuff and the sheer experience every member had. And because Lord Hellz led it. You can't become more awesome than Lord Hellz.

And honestly, most of the players quit because they got taken out by 3/4 continents tribes. At least my crew and I did. I doubt being undedicated had little to do with it, considering the fact we were all waiting for that world for several months.

mitsche

This was an important thread because it exposed Formz's plan to the world