The World According to Loners - Llamas Revamped

DeletedUser

Someone is feeling the pressure due to the new competition...

DeletedUser

^ Prob the other person working on the News Paper.

Edit: Whoops, someone posted before me. Meant trollololol

You playing this world Arith?

I had a check back on W42 some time ago. Looks like its NYUK and Modwar at the end then. Well played, pretty much top 5 from start to finish. Obviously it aint over till its over. But guessing the writing is on the wall.

DeletedUser107152

Oh man, I remember both of those tribes from the start of the world :p I was in Wick3d, quit when exams started and MrBigChief left. I think we were fighting Nyuk at the time. Almost missed an exam and decided I had to leave TW for a while lol.

DeletedUser85711

You playing this world Arith?

I had a check back on W42 some time ago. Looks like its NYUK and Modwar at the end then. Well played, pretty much top 5 from start to finish. Obviously it aint over till its over. But guessing the writing is on the wall.
Yep. Going to be one of my last probably. Enjoy no hauls due to it not requiring timeless effort on farming.

Meh, we could hold out for as long as needed but unsure how many want to. Really couldn't tell you how it'll end though. It'll a fun next couple months though, I can promise that. :)
Oh man, I remember both of those tribes from the start of the world :p I was in Wick3d, quit when exams started and MrBigChief left. I think we were fighting Nyuk at the time. Almost missed an exam and decided I had to leave TW for a while lol.

Yep. Back when you guys were #1 -- we ended up fighting every #1 after that till now as well. I was rather fond of those days though, lots of good fights going on and activity.

DeletedUser106614

alot of detail in this coming edition...like wow...information overload

DeletedUser

Edition Two!

SZrZ2OwMv2nYXxXY9sJcBxlaFnZTVnn0qYnwZka0hWj63o9zAHVDqF8XURJ-4s96VLrdjSXW4Nk-z6MT2HfnK_nNrnsaEv2OWCeJj2OW3GGzfoIa7kjf

The World According to Llamas - Edition 2

Hello and welcome to the second edition of our highly loved newspaper. (If you don’t love it, we will come to your house and eat you alive.) As you can tell, we now have competition, not just from the almighty Miwok, but also from a W65 newcomer who goes by the name Dominanc3. So without further ado, lets get this party started!

In this edition, we will be focusing on the ever changing premades. We have managed to secure a couple of interviews with the leaders, so you can get an insight into what is going on. But first, it is time for our new editor to introduce himself.

Giles:
Well hello faces of W65. I’ve been brought in with whips and chains to become part of the llama newspaper staff! My forum name is pokehoe(and Unicorns Make Me Horny) and I’ll try my best to bring you live coverage of all the interesting events of W65! (Don’t hate this is my first article/interview :D.)

Now for a little story sent into us, written by the the omniscient Purple Llama.

Rank One ODD
Have you ever wondered how the peeps at top ODD got there? Well, let’s find out! This is the story of ZombieJesus; the person at rank one ODD at this moment. It may be a bit long, so i’ll put it in a spoiler to keep you happy. Some may find it boring, so just skip it if you can’t be bothered. No hard feelings <3

N.B He was rank one ODD at the time of writing.

[spoil]It was a sunny, peaceful day on W65. All the players with some sense were building up their resource camps in preparation for nobles. The peaceful time of BP had come to a close, but many were still happy and content with increasing their resource production. However, it wasn't long until the villagers under the command of Zombie Jesus noticed dust clouds approaching at speed. Seeing as it was a no hauls world, the villagers were in confusion! The oncoming troops couldn't steal anything, so what could they be after?![/spoil][spoil]

When the visiting troops finally came into view, they seemed disoriented, and wondered why there leader had sent them on such a weird trip. They walked around the village, and a couple of the axemen tripped over the wall and died. Such clumsy fellows! When they finally left, the villagers were bewildered, but decided to simply carry on working the mines and lumberjacks.

[spoil]
Report%201.png
[/spoil]

This carried on for most of the day, before the troops finally got tired and decided they wouldn't be sent out again even if ordered to. As time went on, the villagers of the mighty ZombieJesus noticed some rather weird structures being built. It looked like a siege workshop was being crafted! The villagers believed there silly enemy would try attacking again, this time in more effective fashion. They immediately got to work; swords were forged, spears were sharpened and trees fell to increase the size of the wall.

Not even a day and a half later, their fears were confirmed. Another dust cloud appeared on the horizon. However, this time it was larger and slower. They got ever closer, and with every passing minute the villagers got more anxious. Will their efforts pay off? Will they ever see their village again? The villagers got ready, and those not already armed with spears nor swords collected up pickaxes, and gathered at the walls.When the invaders finally arrived, it was a massacre. Many a man lost his life, but the villagers held them off until the end. The odds were in their favour, and the invaders never went home.

[spoil]
Report%202.png
[/spoil]

The brave peasants finally got a chance to celebrate their achievements, and remember those who fell in combat. They went out on a party to a neighbouring village, leaving behind only a few to make sure the cattle stayed in their respective fields. However the party was short lived, as yet another dust cloud was approaching! They couldn't get home in time, and the few defenders left were slaughtered.

[spoil]
Report%203.png
[/spoil]

They vowed revenge on this act of great cowardness, and revenge they would get. The scouts were instantly ordered to go and sneak inside the attacking village, and see what was going on. What they found was horrific. The resources were so low it was a miracle the villagers could feed themselves. And the smithy; it was as if they were being forced into slavery by their own leader!

[spoil]
Report%204.png
[/spoil]

Soon after the villagers received word that a neighbouring village was also being harassed by the harshest of leaders. They exchanged messages, and decided it was in their best interests to remove this tyrant from the face of the earth! It wasn’t long until their chance arose. The third and final dust cloud was approaching. The neighbouring village also saw the threat, and the villagers of ZombieJesus were relieved when they say the incoming support. With both armies securely at the walls, the dust cloud finally dispersed, revealing an army whom would never return. The fight was once again fierce, but the defenders were once again victorious.

[spoil]
Report%205.png
[/spoil]

And with yet another army destroyed, the tyrant was beaten.

This is the story of ZombieJesus, and how he rose to rank 1 ODD.
[/spoil]

Interviews
Before we get started with the interviews, we would like to include a sexy map made by the amazing Purple Llama made by the less sexy Arith <3

[spoil]
watl2mapcopy2.jpg
[/spoil]

The first interview is with DaBearo - the mastermind behind Pacman. The tribe, not the game! (The game is probably better. <3)

DaBearo - Leader of Pacman
[spoil]
Alex:
So how are you today?

DaBearo:
I'm good, tired but good.

Alex:
So tell me, how did you end up making this premade?

DaBearo:
It came about a little after w58 Pacman, we decided we wanted to play on a no hauls world if we were to play the long run. So I announced it on the forums and here we are with originals but also other great additions.

Alex:

Do you reckon Pacman will last until late game then?

DaBearo:
That's the aim, yes, I'll do what I can to fulfill it.

Alex:
What do you think of the setting which stops you from choosing your starting position?

DaBearo:
At first I was a little annoyed as I had planned out how we would start if we could choose our direction, but it wasn't to be and doesn't really bother me anymore, you've got to adapt to things like that, anything can happen in TW.

Alex:
What do you think of your position?

DaBearo:
I'm happy with it, it puts us in good shape for the future.

Alex:
Where do you think you'll expand into?

DaBearo:
Well, not wanting to give too much away but at the moment our current area has enough room for us to grow in.

Alex:
So other than the premades, are there any tribes that particularly catch your eye?

DaBearo:

Hmm, not as of yet but Asgard look interesting.

Alex:
They are rank 3 for ODD, looks like a war already. What do you think of Flags not being added? After all, a lot of people joined 64 to gather some up.

DaBearo:
I am so glad they weren't added, they just give an unfair advantage with the transferAnrable from each world system.

Alex:
True, but it also stops people from account hopping so much. If W65 was to have 15 tech smithy, church, archers, flags and packets, do you think you would have still joined?

DaBearo:
Yeah, the only thing that mattered to us was no haul.

Alex:
That is some pure devotion. Now for the final question; do you have any plans to make another premade in the future?

DaBearo:
If I don't win the world with this one, I won't no, I'll probably quit as this is possibly my last world.
[/spoil]

As you can see, Pacman is in for the long run, and with the players they have, it looks like they might just achieve it. If Dab doesn’t quit that is. ;)

Giles the Ninja Llama:
I’ll be focusing on the premades mostly, mainly MuFFin, Trolls, and Blank. This world has lots of talent all in one area due to pre-reg, this will be a very interesting mid-game situation. But without further ado:

Atomos - Leader of MuFFin
[spoil]
Giles:
Would you mind if I interview you for the llama newspaper :)?

Atomos:
Sounds fun, why not? ^^

Giles:
How are you today :)?

Atomos:
I am well thank you, it's a Friday and I have a week off work now, which is totally un-W65 related...

Giles:
So how did you like the ability not to choose your starting direction?

Atomos:
About as much as I like being kicked in the face?
In all seriousness, it makes the game very interesting. Premades can't talk to one another and agree on where to start. We've been dumped right on Pacman's lap, which is nice (thanks by the way, Innogames)...

Giles:
So how do you like the area your tribe is in?

Atomos:
MuFFiN have kind of been dumped right in the middle of all the good-looking premades. As I said previously, we share a cluster with Pacman, we also have Care x to our south-west, and the big Bunny/Blank cluster to our north. I hope our location will allow us to provide a major role in how W65 shapes-up.

Giles:
MuFFin is a premade composed mainly W21 players, correct?

Atomos:
W10 and W21, yes. We have some MuFFiN/PuFFiN/PnP, Die., MeRKiN, TORORG etc. all mixed in to one, plus some new players we've met in other worlds or picked up in W65. Some of us left TW but have actually come back for this premade. We're currently enjoying remeniscing about the golden days of TW!

Giles:
Well that sure sounds fun :)
Would you say some of your members are rusty, at least in terms of start-up?

Atomos:
I know I am. I haven't played for 3-4 years! I didn't understand the Quests, felt like a complete nubcake! Had to rely on more recent TW players to fill me in on those details! But otherwise, TW is very much the same as it always has been. We're planning on leading this active, social bunch of players in the same way we lead/were lead by our W10/W21 tribes.
[/spoil]

As you can see from this interview, MuFFin has a good core of friends and it seems like a good leadership team, we’ll have to see what they end up doing with all the other premades around them :).

Now we have an interview with the best tribe on W65, Blank. (Not at all bias.) The usual leader is away somewhere, so they chucked in Willy Wonka to replace him.

Willy Wonka and Kevin - Leaders of Blank
[spoil]

Giles:
How are you guys today?

Willy Wonka:
Bright and Sparkly as always

Kevin:
Pretty good

Giles:
You two co-duke Blank together correct?

Kevin:
That is correct

Willywonka:
Yes, I should mention that Paul aka The Simple MinDead couldn't make it today so I am filliing in for him as I do on occation. But normally he is duke.
with kev

Kevin:
Yep, Paul is the warm and fuzzy side, I am the mean and cold hearted one

Giles:
And what kind of members/where is Blank's member base from?

Kevin:
A lot of our members come from close groups from W56, W59, and W61, however we have also dragged in some friend from previous worlds

Giles:
What specific tribes on these worlds :)?

Willy Wonka:
W0nka & XX on w61

Kevin:
Well, from pretty much all over the place from W56
A lot of MoM, some MM, some W2V, some who were niether
W59 most come from both GotRob and PITA

Giles:
You've been knocked by the public for your merge with the promising premade toon!, could you clarify on this a little?

Willy Wonka:
We liked cartoons
I need Toon blood to make my Red Ruby Candy Drops

Kevin:
Well, originally Kourosh and Rosa were leading Toons, and we were leading a different not named premade. Both of us only had about 25ish accounts, and we knew a lot of the players in each tribe. We decided it would be better for us as a group to merge and start with one strong premade and not two smaller premades.
Also we knew each other from MoM and wanted to play together again.

Giles:
What do you guys think of the settings of W65 so far (specifically using pre-reg)?

Kevin:
Specifically pre-reg? Very bad move imo. It has made it so the core is very full, more people will drop out sooner without being able to restart near tribemates, so the world will be smaller down the line
We are pretty happy with the rest of the settings though
Even if I hate coins (bandit)

Giles:
I myself dislike the pre-reg too, what do you think of the location of all the premades in one area?

Kevin:
It is going to be interesting once nobles start flying

Willy Wonka:
Well it was more the decision to not choose starting direction that made it necessary to use prereg, I think if prereg worked a bit better it would have been ok, but nether the less I and the Oompa Loompas are very much looking forward to seeing the impact it will make down the line.

Giles:
Is there anything else you'd like to say about your tribe or W65?

Willy Wonka:
I think this is shaping up to be the most scrumdillyuptious world in a long time.

Kevin:
We hope W65 isn't going to be a fail, as no hauls is honestly a great settings, would hate to see it ruined because of this pre-reg or for whatever reason

[/spoil]

(I’ll try not to be biased on the conclusion :D) It seems like Blank has put together a solid group that’s been tested in no-hauls before. We’ll see how their position with Bunny plays out. As you probably know, a NAP has been arranged between them.

We have one final interview to bring to you guys this week, it’s an interview with the leader of Trolls. DJ (Troll’s leader) was originally a member of PacMan but got kicked and ended up starting his own premade to rival the others. His member base is from all worlds ranging from W1-W61.

DJ - Leader of Trolls
[spoil]
Giles:
How's it going?

DJ:
not bad and you ?

Giles:
I'm good :cool:
So why did you choose to form trolls?

DJ:
well we were originaly signed up for pacman me and shelly but we got kicked out for "trolling gorth" lol caused a bit of a ruckuss :D
so after that decided to put together own tribe of people i know

Giles:
What tribes/worlds is trolls mainly from?

DJ:
lol its a mix can't possible name them all tbh
impact on 61 some where? on 64 uh like zach jack ect play older worlds too and guys from onfire also
Basically a big mix :D
those are just the new ones i remember name of :D

Giles:
So just a bunch of friends coming together?

DJ:
Yeah friends of me or shelly from past worlds :)

Giles:
Well that sounds fun :D
How did you like the pre-reg and not being able to choose starting direction?

DJ:
Was pretty annoying having to invite everyone lol
as well as put everyone too close for my liking :p

Giles
Is there any specific premade that stands out to you besides your own?

DJ:
The obvious ones pacman blank bunny
I played with people in pacman on 58 and other worlds played with people in blank on 61 and some people in bunny in past worlds so all have good players :p
also seen a few smaller ones with good potential

Giles:
Is there any tribes as you see as a threat by you?

DJ:
At this moment in time major threats for us would be infamy and c2 when nobles come out and we start expanding i would say but nothing right at this moment

Giles:
Your tribe seems to be in a better position than some tribes such as my own (Blank), are you happy w/ that?

DJ:
Yeah we had luck of a better start position less problems right away gives time to grow and expand before meeting a serious threat.

Giles:
Do you think your tribe has a good chance to make endgame?

DJ:
there is a strong possibility we have players who stick out worlds for the long run. But anything can happen in tribal wars thats what makes the game fun :p.

Giles:
What did you think of the settings and no flags on 65?

DJ:
Yeah i liked the settings was hoping for no hauls and i am glad they never used flags. i think flags should be like church/no haul worlds only done every so often as people who have played flag worlds before get a major advantage.

Giles:
What does your account name mean?

DJ:
It’s from a tv show in UK called celebrity juice its something keith lemon came up with heres a video. http://youtu.be/HIEy6BQDRmk

Giles:So is there anything else you'd like to say about trolls?

DJ:
Nothing i can think of :)
[/spoil]

In conclusion:
It seems that all 3 of these premades are different and talented in their own way and have a wide variety of players. I’m most looking forward to how the three premades: Bunny, Blank, and Pacman will coincide in such a small area. Also I think a wild factor premade for 65 could be iKill: They’re a premade composed of the winners of W34 along with some others. They could keep growing quietly; while managing to keep out of the spotlight.

We hope you enjoyed our second edition, and until next Sunday, we bid you farewell! <3

Last edited by a moderator:

blablablablablabla

I absolutely loved it. The style, the tone and the text itself, were all marvelous!
I seriously can't wait until next Sunday and if it will be even better, I don't know what to do anymore :p

hanibalii

Interviews
Before we get started with the interviews, we would like to include a sexy map made by the amazing Purple Llama.

[spoil]
Map%20v3%20-%20Edited.png
[/spoil]

This was the only part that sucked. And that's 'cos MuFFiN still isn't on it =[

DeletedUser

Don't worry Han, i'll make a new one with MuFFin on it.
icon_evil.gif

Re-made the map, this time including MuFFin.

Last edited by a moderator: