The world becomes old

DeletedUser3967

So, May 2009 - World 8 is 2 years old. Yes, that's right two years old.

It's hard to forget all the famous tribes from the past gone, REL, NG, THE, Ori, Shaker.

I logged on today, just like any other day, but took a different perspective of the world I see today and the differences that have changed over the past couple of years.

For instance:

Rank Tribe name Points of the best 40 player Total points Members Average points per player Villages Average points per village
1 CLOROX 192.218.017 363.127.235 186 1.952.297 36199 10.031
2 KNT 157.744.296 338.671.120 198 1.710.460 34546 9.803
3 [DT] 154.905.489 335.341.493 217 1.545.353 34922 9.603
4 Fenix 104.329.285 195.899.751 180 1.088.332 20891 9.377
5 F.D 72.402.796 111.738.293 163 685.511 12112 9.225
6 NUKE 66.710.141 78.326.017 76 1.030.605 7936 9.870
7 N.O 57.896.194 57.896.194 18 3.216.455 5957 9.719
8 I:A 52.545.035 52.545.035 18 2.919.169 5425 9.686
9 KNTC 50.990.612 104.849.177 187 560.691 11935 8.785
10 8W 36.413.303 48.647.357 119 408.801 5411 8.990
11 AHH 35.933.265 40.751.533 88 463.086 4592 8.874
12 Myriad 31.431.363 31.431.363 31 1.013.915 3262 9.636
13 LSD B 28.323.336 28.323.336 13 2.178.718 2813 10.069
14 R IPK 24.714.125 30.825.051 157 196.338 3909 7.886
15 FAN 19.694.982 19.982.827 54 370.052 2233 8.949
16 NEA 19.571.403 20.347.753 57 356.978 2303 8.835
17 PR 12.790.444 12.790.444 13 983.880 1276 10.024
18 T.O.S 10.694.604 15.677.743 131 119.677 2014 7.784
19 +KN+ 2.516.104 2.660.247 111 23.966 450 5.912
20 R.W.C. 1.937.397 1.937.397 8 242.175 196 9.885

This world, a once vibrant, active world has turned out to be a world that now just offers 20 tribes (decent sized) to the course.

In our own greed, our own self obsessed quest for dominance, we have forgotten about the little guys, the smaller tribes, the tribes who hold no relevance. We are all guilty of this.

We take away there freedom and make them our own. To what extent? to what benefit?

As a world, should we be so greedy? should we block out the growth of tribes that hold no reason to fight KNT/DT or CLOROX? just so that we can grow in an area which will have no significance in the battle, just on the points board. We do it, because we want numbers on our side, but are we in the position to sacrifice others dreams and ambitions, just so we can use them in the future, down the line?

I applaud all the tribes who have said no to ABLOC/BLOC.

What I will say, is I'd like to see more of it, otherwise, the world will turn out to be KNT/DT/FENIX vs CLOROX and although that is challenging, it's not what everyone wants.

Those who stands for something else, should be more courageous, more defiant and more confident that it's not to late to make a difference.

The world, two years on. Lets see what year 3 brings us.

DeletedUser

You say that you applaud all the unaligned tribes for not choosing sides, but yourself caused this world polarisation by being one of the leaders of BLOC, if there was no super alliance called BLOC, no opposing alliances would have been formed.

The state that this world is now in was one of two logical progressions formed when BLOC declared itself.

DeletedUser3967

You say that you applaud all the unaligned tribes for not choosing sides, but yourself caused this world polarisation by being one of the leaders of BLOC, if there was no super alliance called BLOC, no opposing alliances would have been formed.

The state that this world is now in was one of two logical progressions formed when BLOC declared itself.

We didn't cause anything.

Just because 4 tribes, formed an alliance in 4 different continents, this caused the whole world to mass merge?

Please come back with a more plausible answer.

DeletedUser

We didn't cause anything.

Just because 4 tribes, formed an alliance in 4 different continents, this caused the whole world to mass merge?

Please come back with a more plausible answer.

if it were any four tribes, no it wouldnt, but when those four tribes are all top 5 tribes (iirc they all were) then it becomes obvious that no single tribe will be able to successfully oppose them. there is then a few options: 1) leave this tribe alone, and let them pick off opposition one by one. 2) Ally with other like-minded tribes against the opponent. 3) (follow on from 2) merge these allies into the tribe so that the claims / forums will be the same (now with the new edits to the system this isnt necessary)

DeletedUser3967

if it were any four tribes, no it wouldnt, but when those four tribes are all top 5 tribes (iirc they all were) then it becomes obvious that no single tribe will be able to successfully oppose them. there is then a few options: 1) leave this tribe alone, and let them pick off opposition one by one. 2) Ally with other like-minded tribes against the opponent. 3) (follow on from 2) merge these allies into the tribe so that the claims / forums will be the same (now with the new edits to the system this isnt necessary)

All 4/5 (incl NG) tribes were NOT in top 5 when BLOC formed.

Every other tribe has equal opportunity to form there own tribe and form an nap with bloc/abloc... but many opted to merge.

Trying to stay on topic here...

DeletedUser

All 4/5 (incl NG) tribes were NOT in top 5 when BLOC formed.

Every other tribe has equal opportunity to form there own tribe and form an nap with bloc/abloc... but many opted to merge.

Trying to stay on topic here...

not when they formed, no, but they were when their major opposition started to form against them, when ABLOC became more than the joke it originally was. many tribes have "formed their own tribes", look at LSD B or Myriad for instance, neither of those merged. I guess the tribes that you are aiming this at are most likely your enemies KNT/C and [DT], who both have had a fair few merges, but when you look at the rate CLOROX was merging, they had to merge to keep up size with CLOROX.

and how is this not on-topic? it is picking up a point you made in your original post.

DeletedUser

In our own greed, our own self obsessed quest for dominance, we have forgotten about the little guys, the smaller tribes, the tribes who hold no relevance. We are all guilty of this.

We take away there freedom and make them our own. To what extent? to what benefit?

Oh no, you mean to say we played the game?...

How silly of us.

DeletedUser3967

not when they formed, no, but they were when their major opposition started to form against them, when ABLOC became more than the joke it originally was. many tribes have "formed their own tribes", look at LSD B or Myriad for instance, neither of those merged. I guess the tribes that you are aiming this at are most likely your enemies KNT/C and [DT], who both have had a fair few merges, but when you look at the rate CLOROX was merging, they had to merge to keep up size with CLOROX.

and how is this not on-topic? it is picking up a point you made in your original post.

And I applaid LSD B & Myriad for sticking at being original tribes and sticking to there own agendas, I just think this world would have more life in it, IF these top tribes stopped merging.

A lot of BLOC merged were done in early W8 so they didn't effect the balance too much. However, I feel ABLOC did later on when the world was more full and vibrant merged a bit too much.

Too many tribes merged. Now we are left with 20 tribes? surent that can't be right.

DeletedUser

And I applaid LSD B & Myriad for sticking at being original tribes and sticking to there own agendas, I just think this world would have more life in it, IF these top tribes stopped merging.

A lot of BLOC merged were done in early W8 so they didn't effect the balance too much. However, I feel ABLOC did later on when the world was more full and vibrant merged a bit too much.

Too many tribes merged. Now we are left with 20 tribes? surent that can't be right.

look at the numbers of players though, this time last year we had 100k or so, now we are on 2.5k or so, so it is natural that the amount of tribes will decrease drastically to follow such a change in players.

on the topic of merges, the major ABLOC merge in my part of the world happened in response to a BLOC merge, that of UNR-KNT happened because KNT was afraid that due to CLOROX's merge of TCSPC, they would overpower the SW, or try to merge UNR into them also. so in this example, the merges seem to be mainly as a reaction to the opponents merges.

DeletedUser92

A merger is a merger is a merger. There are good reasons for them, bad reasons for them, and stupid reasons for them. There are also reasons why some tribes, THE W30 among them, will not do them. More than one or two.

Point is, merging can liven the game up as well as kill it; at this stage of the game, its easier to do the latter, but at some stages its much better for there to be a merge than, say, for an area to remain stagnant and uncontested. Hell, a merger is what started TW-RoBAC, the first full-scale world-war.

DeletedUser

Major recent BLOC merges:

REL+THE
CLOROX+TCSPC

New CLOROX+ new REL = modern clorox

Major Recent ABLOC merges:

UNR + KNT

Fear joined both BLOC and ABLOC
Davoe joined BLOC and ABLOC IIRC
SE-53 main players went to K|S who joined TCSPC and ended up in CLOROX

UNR merge was after the TCSPC merge as a direct opposing act to rebalance the sides.

I'm not sure if I am trying to make a point here, or just very simple put down a few thoughts so I will leave it there

And can somebody mention LAW for me cos I wasn't paying attention when that happened.

DeletedUser

Most of LAW went to [DT], the one in the west joined KNT/C, a few joined Fenix and F.D aswell.

DeletedUser3967

We need to talk about more recent merges, ones that effect the world more now, than they would when the world was still fairly new.

Recent changes.

UNR & KNT.
LAW & [DT].
SBK was it? & KNT.
DAVOE & KNT.
CLOROX & FAN.
CLOROX & REB.

Not all of these were full merges, especially the last one.

But a lot of merges are caused by other tribes merging. It's like a chess board, one must counter another persons next move, with a bolder, more offensive move.

But, does this do the world harm, or good?

DeletedUser

I think the problem may have been that nobody countered with a bolder more offensive move.
We have all countered defensively for the last year or so, stacking up the sides until we reach a stupid level, and are no effectively at a cold war stage, or possibly a war of attrition.
If any scouting is done before a major op the offensive side will see every village stacked to extreme levels and realise the op is pointless and call it off, if no scouting is done hundreds of nukes slam into unbreakable defences and 1 or 2 villages are taken on a good day.

If earlier the war had really kicked off we would have seen much more progress, as seen with the old CEG vs SE wars, or KNT vs DAVOE, where each side had a realistic limit to the amount of troops it could throw at the other side.

Not sure if that all make sense or not, and yes you can look at some stats and prove that people are getting nobled, but then we can probably all counter that with 'they were inactive' 'those are just outlying villages' 'our core remains untouched' etc so I'm not going to bother with that.

(was SKB, had forgotten about them)

DeletedUser

Bloc have a lot to answer for in this world - and frankly i dont give a kangaroos bouncing behind who says what on this -

but then, we got an anti-Bloc that just aped Bloc's initial mistakes - and the world went to Pot -

those that cared, gave up, if they were intelligent - and those of us who were inflicted by some sense of loyalty - or a vested interest... gradually dwindled as Life blossomed -

and there was no interest in a world that was allowed to be sewn-up before it's inception.

True - i guess you play a world- you have friends on a new world etc... BUT to allow a world to be so dominated until all right thinking players objected..to a pre-meditated construct - and publically avowed as such too -

well- the developers/game Mods - should be shot.

There is a Lobby that is looking at if they can be sued for this - it's actually not as outlandish as you may think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We need to talk about more recent merges, ones that effect the world more now, than they would when the world was still fairly new.

Recent changes.

UNR & KNT.
LAW & [DT].
SBK was it? & KNT.
DAVOE & KNT.
CLOROX & FAN.
CLOROX & REB.

But a lot of merges are caused by other tribes merging. It's like a chess board, one must counter another persons next move, with a bolder, more offensive move.

Don't forget REB & NECRO.

chivalrous knight

Merge is unavoidable when Inactivity creeps in, whether it is inactive from the leadership or the players.

It is fun in the beginning when leaders of all tribes trying to lead their tribes to glory, but in the end there may be tribe where members are inactive enough to carry on the leadership's plan (such as TRE i suppose) or maybe it is inactive from the behalf of the leadership ( i think STD or DAVOE maybe an example), in the case of the leadership, mainly due to unavailable from the leaders to continue the burden.

Hence, for those who want to continue the game, they had to find another tribe to join.

DeletedUser

Pity as a result of this inactivity and amoung other things the forum has died.

It's not going to help the quitting rate if there's nothing fun on the public forum.

DeletedUser

Nothing lasts forever unfortunately...we'll just have to find more fun elsewhere ;)

And maybe BLOC/ABLOC did ruin this world in the end with all the mergers and crap but being a little noobling growing slowly on the then RIM side of K47, I enjoyed growing with a sense of a dreaded "empire" creeping towards me ever so slowly until the day I was big enough to join an underdog tribe and challenge the mighty empire. Fun times

*shakes fist

DeletedUser

Recent changes.

UNR & KNT.
LAW & [DT].
SBK was it? & KNT.
DAVOE & KNT.
CLOROX & FAN.
CLOROX & REB.

more of DAVOE went to [DT]...... just fyi